C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

Insulin effectiveness/timing.

So tonight for absolutely NO reason I decided to just test my sensitivity to going hypo. Currently I am sitting at my computer without havnig consumed ANY carbohydrates after shooting 12iu humalog IM about 30-40min ago.

You guys ever experience this or have any comments or thoughts on why this may be happening. And dont say its fake slin. I live in Canada and its legal OTC here. I get it straight from the doc.

Holla.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done it.. It took me nearly 3 hours to go hypo.

You may recall the experiment i did a while back with 20 ius slin.. to debunk some myths.

I tried it during this run.

Anyway...I was reading a thread posted on another board on insulin protocols.

Something odd came up and stuck in my mind.

It was recouting how diabetics utilize insulin.

It noted that most don't have a carb gr-to-iu ratio.

They just eat if they feel the need.

Some may hit a glucose tab or two... that's 2 grams of dex.. and you know their doses are comparitively higher.

Honestly..this isn't a discussion we should have on the open board.. as there are a number of easily influenced noobs about.

I do know that there are a number of slin protocols where high doses of slin are utilized... with carbs consumed according to perceived need.

-Nark

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    So tonight for absolutely NO reason I decided to just test my sensitivity to going hypo. Currently I am sitting at my computer without havnig consumed ANY carbohydrates after shooting 12iu humalog IM about 30-40min ago. Holla.
    Did you consume any quick acting proteins during this time?

It would've been feasible.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Did you consume any quick acting proteins during this time?

It would've been feasible.
    Didnt consume anything. Just let my stomach sit empty all together.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Bino,

I have taken 10IU with carbs and felt hypo. I have also taken 15IU with no carbs and felt nothing. Perhaps the following will explain why I felt this way. Not sure if you will agree, but let me know what you think.

This is how I see it...

It's very hard to figure out if you will go hypo or not. This is because going hypo not only depends on how much carbohydrates you have consumed post injection, but it also depends on how hard you train, and how physically active you have been throughout the day. It also depends on how much carbohydrates you have consumed for that day.

For example, if you had nothing to eat today and were extra physically active throughout the day, then went to gym and trained extra hard, then the chances of going hypo will be higher than if you sat on your ass all day long eating chocolate and had a lazy training session at gym. Obviously the more active you are, the more chance of your BG dropping therefore the more chance of going hypo. So, many wonder why they didn't go hypo after taking "x" amount of insulin . Perhaps they should take into consideration that:
    * Level of physical activity for the day
    * How hard they train
    * The amount of carbohydrates consumed throughout the day
    * Amount of carbohydrates in their system right before training
    plays a big role regarding going hypo. That's the way I see it anyway.

I have actually put this to the test before and it does make sense.

-Gear

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good info Gear - when using slin for carb loads, if I don't get something in soon after 12IU I go hypo quickly. Carb cycling would certainly make you more responsive. I have taken my time before and got a bit woozy; I don't do that no more

But when carbs are constant - such as bulking phases - I don't get that feeling quite as easily...

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I have tried this experimentation also. What I found was the more active I was 3-4 hours after my humalog shot, the more I started going hypo.

I tried just using whey post-workout after my 15iu's of humalog shot and ate an hour later, slow acting 100-150g oats. Then I was running around in work 3hours after my shot and fely myself going hypo.

Like the posts above, I agree that hypo responses vary, but have found that increased activity hours after my shot was what brought hypo on, not the lack of carbs

Thread Information