prncezzml is offline Female Member

Thyroid Anti-bodies Update

I posted a month or so ago about my elevated thyroid antibodies (they were 2916) and being on HGH and a few asked me to update them once I had seen the Dr.

Well, here is the update. I went to the endocrinologist. I did NOT tell her I was on HGH mainly because I didn't even get a chance to before she told me there is basically nothing wrong with my thyroid or any of my thyroid hormones (I already had the test results from my previous Dr. of all my levels of T4, T3, TSH, and thyroid antibodies). She said, if anything, I am VERY mildly underactive (I am already genetically predisposed to thyroid dysfunction). So basically, the HGH has NOT affected my thyroid or sent it completely out of wack, because it is still normal, just struggling a little bit. I also just had a baby 19 months ago so this can sometimes cause a "thyroid storm". She prescribed me 25mg of T4 because I told her I had some hair loss. I know HGH can lower T4 (I was losing hair before I was ever on GH though). Also, I am on a low dose of GH 2iu 5/2, so perhaps for some of you that takes a much higher dose, it could affect thyroid function differently. But as for me at my dose, after 3 months, everything is fine.

Swiggy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prncezzml
    I posted a month or so ago about my elevated thyroid antibodies (they were 2916) and being on HGH and a few asked me to update them once I had seen the Dr.

Well, here is the update. I went to the endocrinologist. I did NOT tell her I was on HGH mainly because I didn't even get a chance to before she told me there is basically nothing wrong with my thyroid or any of my thyroid hormones (I already had the test results from my previous Dr. of all my levels of T4, T3, TSH, and thyroid antibodies). She said, if anything, I am VERY mildly underactive (I am already genetically predisposed to thyroid dysfunction). So basically, the HGH has NOT affected my thyroid or sent it completely out of wack, because it is still normal, just struggling a little bit. I also just had a baby 19 months ago so this can sometimes cause a "thyroid storm". She prescribed me 25mg of T4 because I told her I had some hair loss. I know HGH can lower T4 (I was losing hair before I was ever on GH though). Also, I am on a low dose of GH 2iu 5/2, so perhaps for some of you that takes a much higher dose, it could affect thyroid function differently. But as for me at my dose, after 3 months, everything is fine.
    why does this affect hair loss? i didnt know that it would

Thread Information