Thread: Blood Test?

HomesliceYEA is offline Junior Member

Blood Test?

How long before a blood test would you guys recommend to stop taking IGF-1 LR3 so that my IGF-1 levels are not off the charts? I don't want my doc freaking out and asking me all sorts of questions.

CourtJester is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesliceYEA
    How long before a blood test would you guys recommend to stop taking IGF-1 LR3 so that my IGF-1 levels are not off the charts? I don't want my doc freaking out and asking me all sorts of questions.
    What kind of doc are you seeing? I can't imagine why a regular doc would be checking your IGF-1 levels, and if you're seeing a "friendly" hormone type doc it would seem he wouldn't be freaking out.

I don't know a solid answer to your question, but given the relatively short half-life of IGF-1 I would think you're talking a few days at most. I've also heard a person or two claim that IGF-1 blood tests won't pick up exogenous LR3 IGF-1 because the test checks only for bound IGF-1 and LR3 doesn't bind, but I have serious doubts about that. I recently had my IGF-1 level checked and it was 504 (roughly twice the upper end of the reference range), although I'm also taking HGH and it's possible the elevated IGF-1 was from that (or the combination).

HomesliceYEA is offline Junior Member
    My regular doc does a comprehensive checkup once a year or so and I don't see why he wouldn't check my IGF-1 levels with all the rest of the stuff. I've had libido problems in the past and so he usually checks all sorts of hormones and whatnot. Let's say, for example, I take my igf lr3 on weds, would I be good for a blood test on friday?

Thread Information