Thread: egf

dblock189 is offline Associate Member

egf

Hey bros wattsup

my source offers egf. I never heard of it. It is called epidermal growth factor. Does anyone know exactly what this is? I know of igf1 which i have cdone and also mgf which i plan onto. What is this exactly? can one of the more expierenced bro's give me some insight?

D
    Last edited by dblock189; 05-16-2007 at 02:24 PM.

dale is offline Associate Member
    time to find another source

how do you figure get another source? do u know what it is? my source is really good actually i dont need another one

D

somebody has to know

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    From Wikipedia:

Epidermal growth factor or EGF is a growth factor that plays an important role in the regulation of cell growth, proliferation and differentiation. Human EGF is a 6045 Da protein with 53 amino acid residues and three intramolecular disulfide bonds.[1]

EGF acts by binding with high affinity to epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) on the cell surface and stimulating the intrinsic protein-tyrosine kinase activity of the receptor (see the second diagram). The tyrosine kinase activity in turn initiates a signal transduction cascade which results in a variety of biochemical changes within the cell - a rise in intracellular calcium levels, increased glycolysis and protein synthesis, and increases in the expression of certain genes including the gene for EGFR - that ultimately lead to DNA synthesis and cell proliferation

I've never heard of this being used by athletes, but reading about it sure is interesting. I'll see if I can find some more info.

Sounds interesting bro i def going to do some research in it..i used igf1 and liked it..i hear that and mgf is a good combo so im looking foward to it...thanks alot

D

Thread Information