Thread: Jin 6 months in

ultraaman is offline New Member

Jin 6 months in

I've been on Jin for 6 months now and wanted to share my experience with it. If you don't want to be bothered with reading further then here's my summary - it's worth it. Now onto the details.

This was my first time on Jin. I began using it on my doctor's advice to combat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) which I've had since 2002. The irony that he suggested it but refused to prescribe it is not lost on me. Anyway, my goal was to get back to the shape I was in before I contracted it which was about a 7 out of 10 (10 being Jay Cutler). CFS is like having mono that never goes away with flu-like symptoms off and on, muscle/joint aches, no energy, mental fogginess. I was looking for a slight increase in size but was focused on strength and density. Other than a few OTC supps I took no other enhancements.

I started out in Feb at 160 lbs and 13% fat (i'm 5'5"). My last vial is this week and I'm at 162 lbs and 8% fat (still at 5'5" unfortunately). My dosage started at 2iu and got up to 4iu (4/1) for the final two months. I worked out 5x/week until June when I dropped to 4x/week and added a boot camp cardio class 3x/week plus yoga on Sundays.

Now just by the numbers that doesn't look too impressive I know but I don't really want to get huge, just rounded out and more solid. Also, I admit that I did not administer it exactly as I should have. I take my dose in the AM before my hour-long drive to the gym. I drink a shake beforehand which I know is bad to do but I wake up hungry so there's no getting around it. The shake is pretty low in carbs with only 1/2 cup of fruit but I'm sure it affects the Jin somewhat. Some key measurements, the first is where I was in Feb the last is where I was in August:
    thigh 22" - 23"
    chest 39" - 41"
    arm 14" - 14.5"
    shoulders 56" - 59"
    waist 34" - 32"
    calf 14" - 15"

Unfortunately I have a shoulder injury that has gotten worse this summer, prob due to all the stuff I'm doing in boot camp and yoga, so my strength has back peddled a bit. Before that happened this was my strength increase (1 set of 6)

bench 135lb - 175lb
    bicep curl 25lb - 40lb
    shoulder press (plate-loaded machine) 90lbs - 170lbs
    squat 145lbs - 240lbs
    upright row 70lbs - 125lbs

I can still do the squat and row at those weights and could prob do more but I can feel a bit of strain in the shoulder so don't want to overdue it. Surgery is on the horizon but I want a second opinion before I decide.

My stamina is up. I can run 3 miles now. It's at 27 minutes but just finishing is a major accomplishment. Fat loss has occurred but I do have a bit of water retention for some reason so the abs are barely visible. Density has improved but not at the level I had hoped. I also still lack power but that's a workout issue that I wasn't concentrating on before. I will be changing that after Labor Day.

As far as side effects, I've had the standards - hand/feet numbness off and on, joints hurt (tho that could be from the CFS), and noticed a slight blurriness in eyesight. The other CFS symptoms are almost unnoticeable so I'm thankful for that.

So there you go. I'm resting up the next week before hitting it again. This time I'm considering doing 5iu every other day. We'll see how things go.
    Last edited by ultraaman; 08-14-2007 at 12:34 PM.

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraaman
    I've been on Jin for 6 months now and wanted to share my experience with it. If you don't want to be bothered with reading further then here's my summary - it's worth it. Now onto the details.

This was my first time on Jin. I began using it on my doctor's advice to combat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) which I've had since 2002. The irony that he suggested it but refused to prescribe it is not lost on me. Anyway, my goal was to get back to the shape I was in before I contracted it which was about a 7 out of 10 (10 being Jay Cutler). CFS is like having mono that never goes away with flu-like symptoms off and on, muscle/joint aches, no energy, mental fogginess. I was looking for a slight increase in size but was focused on strength and density. Other than a few OTC supps I took no other enhancements.

I started out in Feb at 160 lbs and 13% fat (i'm 5'5"). My last vial is this week and I'm at 162 lbs and 8% fat (still at 5'5" unfortunately). My dosage started at 2iu and got up to 4iu (4/1) for the final two months. I worked out 5x/week until June when I dropped to 4x/week and added a boot camp cardio class 3x/week plus yoga on Sundays.

Now just by the numbers that doesn't look too impressive I know but I don't really want to get huge, just rounded out and more solid. Also, I admit that I did not administer it exactly as I should have. I take my dose in the AM before my hour-long drive to the gym. I drink a shake beforehand which I know is bad to do but I wake up hungry so there's no getting around it. The shake is pretty low in carbs with only 1/2 cup of fruit but I'm sure it affects the Jin somewhat. Some key measurements, the first is where I was in Feb the last is where I was in August:
    thigh 22" - 23"
    chest 39" - 41"
    arm 14" - 14.5"
    shoulders 56" - 59"
    waist 34" - 32"
    calf 14" - 15"

Unfortunately I have a shoulder injury that has gotten worse this summer, prob due to all the stuff I'm doing in boot camp and yoga, so my strength has back peddled a bit. Before that happened this was my strength increase (1 set of 6)

bench 135lb - 175lb
    bicep curl 25lb - 40lb
    shoulder press (plate-loaded machine) 90lbs - 170lbs
    squat 145lbs - 240lbs
    upright row 70lbs - 125lbs

I can still do the squat and row at those weights and could prob do more but I can feel a bit of strain in the shoulder so don't want to overdue it. Surgery is on the horizon but I want a second opinion before I decide.

My stamina is up. I can run 3 miles now. It's at 27 minutes but just finishing is a major accomplishment. Fat loss has occurred but I do have a bit of water retention for some reason so the abs are barely visible. Density has improved but not at the level I had hoped. I also still lack power but that's a workout issue that I wasn't concentrating on before. I will be changing that after Labor Day.

As far as side effects, I've had the standards - hand/feet numbness off and on, joints hurt (tho that could be from the CFS), and noticed a slight blurriness in eyesight. The other CFS symptoms are almost unnoticeable so I'm thankful for that.

So there you go. I'm resting up the next week before hitting it again. This time I'm considering doing 5iu every other day. We'll see how things go.

You say you have a shoulder injury.....has the GH not helped with the healing of that at all or given you increased recovery??

I would think the GH should be healing your shoulder.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I am most impressed with your squat improvements but so so on your measurements. I dunno, I'm not saying it doesnt work (cuz it does),but I still think steroids do a much better job of increasing strength and size for less money.. of course, if your whole point was to grow without gear, then my logic is moot

In anycase, congrats on your progress

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7
    You say you have a shoulder injury.....has the GH not helped with the healing of that at all or given you increased recovery??

I would think the GH should be healing your shoulder.
    NOT if he has a specific problem like a loose socket or some form of A/C joint osteolysis... you need surgery sooner or later if you keep lifting heavy and placing stress on them

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane
    but I still think steroids do a much better job of increasing strength and size for less money..
    absolutely

Microbrew is offline Member
    GH has given me Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I'm one lazy mofo since starting GH, I've been on Since January, took a wk of here and there, switched from Hyge's to Jins back to Hyge's. Highest dosage was 6ius ed, but for the most part I've been running 4ius ed. I also my not do it every day, might miss a day here or there also. But from what I've notice is I get more sides like CTS when I don't pin everyday.

Micro

My shoulder is injured in 3 places - bicep attachment, part of the rotator cuff and degradation of the bursus sack. These are old scared over injuries that I've re-torn or made worse. The first two may be correctable through cold laser therapy but the 3rd can only be done thru surgery. I won't know for sure until I see the surgeon on Friday.

Microbrew - CFS is not caused by HGH though if you already have the condition, it is possible it could be triggered by the hormone (though highly unlikely since HGH is one of the principal counter-agents used to treat CFS). In my un-medical opinion I'd say it seems you are having an allergic reaction to it. If you truly had CFS then it would persist even after you stopped taking the drug. I had the same thing happen to me when I took Test Prop a few years back. I felt awful within the first few days, like my CFS was in full effect. Within a week of coming off of it, I was back to normal. Also keep in mind that HGH causes everything to grow so your reaction may be a sign of another condition.

InsaneITM - I def agree buddy but I have to be very careful. When my CFS comes on (which it does whenever it freakin feels like it) I get jaundice. I did try Winstrol last year and with a weekly liver detox cocktail I got thru it with no reactions. I've been looking into some others that have also have fewer symptoms but since May my injury has kept me from pumping out hard. I figured there would be no point to starting anything now. Once it's fixed recovery time will take 2 months.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Microbrew
    GH has given me Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I'm one lazy mofo since starting GH, I've been on Since January, took a wk of here and there, switched from Hyge's to Jins back to Hyge's. Highest dosage was 6ius ed, but for the most part I've been running 4ius ed. I also my not do it every day, might miss a day here or there also. But from what I've notice is I get more sides like CTS when I don't pin everyday.

Micro
    I feel your pain bro. While it may not be true CFS it sure as hell feels like it. Some days my ass is dragging so bad it feels like my feet are glued to the floor. I have trouble functioning and even thinking straight. I could lay down and sleep any time of the day. Caffeine helps, but not much. I've read that it may be the GH suppressing the thyroid. This is why your supposed to supplement with T3 or T4. I run my T3 at 40mcg's a day but I've talked to people running as much as 100. It gives me anxiety and heart palputations but I'm going to try upping the dose to see if it helps.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I feel your pain bro. While it may not be true CFS it sure as hell feels like it. Some days my ass is dragging so bad it feels like my feet are glued to the floor. I have trouble functioning and even thinking straight. I could lay down and sleep any time of the day. Caffeine helps, but not much. I've read that it may be the GH suppressing the thyroid. This is why your supposed to supplement with T3 or T4. I run my T3 at 40mcg's a day but I've talked to people running as much as 100. It gives me anxiety and heart palputations but I'm going to try upping the dose to see if it helps.
    why not try armour thyroid, it has t-4 and a little bit t-3 maybee u need to supplement the whole thing, wat u think?

Yeah I'm sure it's not total CFS, but I'm feel tired like 80% of the time. I have T4 and started to run it for a couple of wks but then I stopped. I figured at 3 to 4ius ed I really didn't need it. The only thing I drink that has caffeine in it is the Sugar Free Redbull when I'm out drinking it with Ketel One Voka. But that's not to often. My girl has had about enough of me complaining how tired I am all the time.

I lowered my dosage to 3ius today, I'm just going to run it to help keep my BF down and for anti-aging. Because I'm going to run mega dosages of gh and from what I've seen 4ius ed doesn't do shit for muscle mass, I've ran 6ius and didn't notice any difference.

Micro

phatmasta is offline New Member
    Try running it EOD. There is no reason to run GH ED. It decreases your results, increases your bodies resistance to its modes of action, makes you more tired more days of the week, etc etc etc.

I have seen the best results at 8iu EOD with the least affect on my day to day life. You need to understand that your body is not producing GH every day, at the same time, in the same amount, so why would you pin it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by phatmasta
    Try running it EOD. There is no reason to run GH ED. It decreases your results, increases your bodies resistance to its modes of action, makes you more tired more days of the week, etc etc etc.

I have seen the best results at 8iu EOD with the least affect on my day to day life. You need to understand that your body is not producing GH every day, at the same time, in the same amount, so why would you pin it that way?
    Ya, had a buddy switch from 2-3iu/day to 5iu EOD and he's raving about the difference.

It's also possible that there is a slight thyroid suppression going on that's causing the sluggishness and low energy Y. Selinium, chromium, manganese and zinc supplements can help. So can T-3.

phatmasta is offline New Member
    i'm only sluggish first thing with 8-10 iu EOD and 100mcg T4 ED

Quote Originally Posted by phatmasta

These are very conflicting opinions but interesting. What is your experience with GH? I agree that you probably don't need to run it ED. I took Gavin Kane's advice and ran it 3 times a week but didn't really see any difference. I'm always tired whether I pin or not. I'd also like to know why you say that your body does not produce the same amount at the same time daily. It does make sense, it's logical, but could you elaborate? This is a subject that I have yet to see discussed. Most people here are under the impression that your body does produce it's own natural GH in bursts during sleep.

jrc163 is offline New Member
    10 iu 3x week makes a huge difference, no sides and size and strengh seem to be finally coming on. ran first 2 months at 5 iu m-f after ramping up, switched to 10 3x a week for 2 months now.

kesam1 is offline Junior Member
    Just a thought guys but if you are suffering CFS after GH try testing your blood glucose it can elevate your blood glucose to such a degree that you can experience diabetic symptoms one of which is chronic fatigue

johnny juice is offline Junior Member
    10 iu 3x a week made that much of a difference for you jrc163

Quote Originally Posted by kesam1
    Just a thought guys but if you are suffering CFS after GH try testing your blood glucose it can elevate your blood glucose to such a degree that you can experience diabetic symptoms one of which is chronic fatigue
    Actually when I first started using GH it lowered my Blood Sugar. But that was only in the beginning, everything is fine now.

O and the reason it lowered my Blood Sugar was because of the rise in IGF levels, everyone know that when you take IGF your Blood Sugar drops. I guess GH increased my IGF pretty fast. This is what RedBaron explained to me.

Micro

jrc163 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny juice
    10 iu 3x a week made that much of a difference for you jrc163
    yes!

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    My thyroid gave up the ghost in March and had to have it shut down. My TSH was zero. From there, it climbed to 6, then 30, then 95! I am on 188mcg of synthroid and 20mcg of cytomel .

Now my TSH is 10 and the weight gaining has stopped. In fact, I have been at the exact same weight for over 6 weeks now!!

If I understand correctly, 1/3 of Synthroid or T-4, converts to T-3. Is it safe to assume that my total T-3 via Cytomel + Synthroid is ~83mcG?

Will ~80mcg of T-3 aid in additional fat loss in someone with a dead thyroid? I understand that it's wise to do a gear cycle when using T-3 as the more T-3one uses will also loose muscle mass.

Any advice is appreciated

Damn man I've never heard of someone's thyroid shutting down completely. I'm really not the one to ask about dosages for this kind of situation. If you can find RedBaron he would be the most knowledgable person I can think to ask this type of question.

Thread Information