Thread: HGH and MMA

Marek is offline New Member

HGH and MMA

I am 40 years old and have been on HRT for two years. My HRT protocol is as follows: 200 mg test cyp a week, HCG 50 IU twice a week, .5 mg Anastrozole twice a week, and Armour Thyroid 180 mg every day. I am 6'2", 250 lbs and about 22 % bf. In the two years of being on HRT I am an entirely different animal and feel great. I workout at an MMA gym and roll with a guy once a week for about an hour. My entire body is sore for about a week after this one roll session and as soon as the soreness subsides its time to roll again. I was wondering how much of a benefit HGH would give me in regards to healing up. To be honest this all over body soreness is really bothering me and it doesnt seem to be getting any better I guess because I really push myself for the entire hour and since I am paying this guy 60 an hour it makes me want to get the most out of it. I am just wondering if the benefit will justify the cost. I can go with one or two IU a day on the HGH program. Any feedback much appreciated.

its gonna cost alot do u got the cash and also u need minimum 5 iu per day

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    The soreness you're experiencing seems like muscle soreness. This is not a serious issue. If that's the case then HGH is not necessary, instead recovery supplments could get the job done.

-Gear

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    The soreness you're experiencing seems like muscle soreness. This is not a serious issue. If that's the case then HGH is not necessary, instead recovery supplments could get the job done.

-Gear

I am interested in better muscle recovery too....so are there any supplements in particular that you would recommend Gear??

I'm clueless at what to get.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7
    I am interested in better muscle recovery too....so are there any supplements in particular that you would recommend Gear??

I'm clueless at what to get.
    Immidietly post training I use dextrose and glutamine. Then when I get home I have my protein shake (WPI). That's about all you need for recovery PWO. Sometimes I have glutamine in the AM upon waking up and before bed as well. Before training I have L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine. I believe these supplments can really speed up the recovery process, but you why don't you have a sneak peek at our diet/supplment forum. There you will get all the answers you need regarding this matter.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter18 View Post
    its gonna cost alot do u got the cash and also u need minimum 5 iu per day
    Yes, I got the cash but my HRT clinic will only support 2 iu per day as I think all clinics do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post

-Gear
    Thanks Gear. Rolling is so different than weight training as you are using all those stabilizer muscles which for me have gone untrained for most of my life. I didnt realize that you would not get a muscle recovery benefit from HGH.
    Last edited by Marek; 10-30-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Thanks Gear. Rolling is so different than weight training as you are using all those stabilizer muscles which for me have gone untrained for most of my life. I didnt realize that you would not get a muscle recovery benefit from HGH.
    HGH is defenitely good for recovery, the best actually IMO. But I just don't think HGH is necessary if you are experiencing muscle soreness. There are cheaper alternatives out there.

-Gear

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Thanks for for your help on the supplements Gear!

Not a problem mate, all the best.

-Gear

Thread Information