Anavar Man is offline Member

Slin Pre-workout for the average user

I'm still researching the usage of slin and Gear has made it clear to me that pre-workout injections pose some danger. My question is, I can't be the only person who works out from 5:30pm until 7:00pm and has concerns about taking slin to late in the evening and going to bed.
    Either everyone taking slin works out at three in the afternoon, or everyone is staying up until midnight to keep out of the danger window. You can't tell me that there are not alot of slin users in the same boat as me, 5:30 workout and need to go to bed by 10:00pm to get up early.

Feedback.

llrockyll is offline Member
    bro i am in the same situation as u are. this is what i do workout 2 days on the weekend and 2 days during the week. just gunna have to stay up longer during the week or just do it on the weekends.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No matter what time I train, I never go to bed until insulin has totally left my system. Better safe than sorry.

-Gear

If I take 8-10 ius IM at 7:00pm how long until it's safe to sleep. Again, I'm still in the research stages and not ready to jump in until all my ducks are in a row.

llrockyll is offline Member
    if u are using humalog-R u should wait 5 hours

Humalin-R is in your system for 6 - 8 hours post injection. Humalog is 4 - 5 hours post injection.

If you take it at 7pm and are taking humalog, I probably wouldn't sleep till at least 11:30. Better safe than sorry.

-Gear

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    That's a sticky situation Anavar Man. As Gear said, I will only attempt to go to bed when I know the Slin is no longer active.

I'm lucky in the sense that I work out early afternoon so it works perfectly for me. With those evening workouts it can get pretty tricky. You dont want to worry yourself to the point where you're scared to go to bed.

A few years ago I was stuck with a workout routine such as yours. I opted for the safer way out and went down the LR3 route. It has some of the similar properties as Slin with little to no sides.

Hard for me to recommend a protocol with your w/o time combined with when you have to go to bed buddy. Just no safe answer on that one.

The only thing I can think of is A, use LR3. Or B, inject Humalog ONLY (or another fast acting Slin) IMMEDIATELY PWO with proper PWO and PPWO nutrition. If you inject it by 7pm, then 10pm might be a safe time to go to sleep. Active life is cut about in half when injecting IM so Gears numbers would cut down to about 2-3 hours.

I used a Glucometer a few years ago and with Log, I was typically back to "normal" within about 3 hours tops.

In saying all of that buddy, I still wouldnt do it. Slin makes me so unbelievably lethargic that at times I had to fight to stay up. Now that I've ran it so many times and weigh out the gains compared to sides, I wouldnt do it again.

IMO, go with the LR3 and play it safe.

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    I was wondering what exactly would taking slin or insulin do for you?

Thanks Spike, I just finished up a 5 week run of Lr3 and i'm going to wait a month and do another 4 weeks leading up to my winter cycle. the IGF is deffinetly the safer way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot960 View Post
    simple search you could figure that out..

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by football2007 View Post
    simple search you could figure that out..
    thanks I did find out a lil more about it. it seems a lil to dangerous for me thought. from what I read but not sure if it was the same as the igf lr3

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ good advice spike

Quote Originally Posted by whynot960 View Post
    Insulin helps shuttle nutrients into cells.

-Gear

Thread Information