L-K
    L-K is offline New Member

importance of Glucose with insulin?

ive been taking insulin for about 4 weeks,

havent really niticed anything major to be honest?

been taking 9IU a day, after the gym, then taking 50g protein, and laods of carbs.

someone said to take a large bottle of glucose with it to help it?

glucose is just suger isnt it? do you need to take glucose with it for it to work?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    L-K,

In 9/10 cases, insulin won't deliver any benefits you can feel or see, and this is something I have always said. Insulin has the potential for muscle mass and strength gains however the gaining process is very slow and this is why you don't feel or see any gains from insulin. If you are after muscle and strength gains then there are definitely more effective alternatives, but when it comes to recovery gains then insulin is "the drug" for that.

Glucose plays a huge role when insulin is in the picture, without glucose insulin is useless as well as dangerous. You definitely need glucose when using insulin otherwise you are playing a dangerous game.

-Gear

L-K
    L-K is offline New Member
    o?

i asked before and no-one mentioned it? i researched into it aswel? previous posted on here.

all i was told was to take plenty of carbs, and protein??

how much glucose do you need to take with it then?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Glucose is carbs, and yes protein is also important but the carbs is what keeps you alive when using insulin .

It is recomended to use approx 10g of carbs for every 1IU of insulin. Everyone is different but most will use between 6 - 10g of carbs p/1IU. If you are not familiar with insulin definitely go with the 10g option and from then on adjust if necessary.

Please take the time to use the search function as this has been answered over and over again.

Thank you.

-Gear

Thread Information