mick86 is offline Member

Exclamation Possibly injected some test with my slin into fat

As my insulin pen was leaking I tried various other means of storing my slin. One idea was to try to completely empty a test e vial and use that, but I had trouble getting every drop of test out, I could see a slight film left but I figured it would be a minuscule amount.

Anyway I put around 30 IU of slin in the vial, and it seemed okay at first but the last injection or so looked milky in the slin pin. I was hesitant to use it but I am short on slin as it is, so just tried to leave behind as much of the milky bits as possible (I was some what able to separate it). I just put it in the fridge in the pin as I prepare them in advance. Yesterday I had no other shots pre prepared in the pins and I was late so I grabbed the milky one and shot 10IU into my stomach. Its already a little sore today, sorta like a pimple. I can't see much as I got a spray tan the other day.

Have I made a big mistake, can I do anything now to avoid problems? What risk if any am I at from my actions?
    Last edited by mick86; 10-07-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You should have sterilized the test vial before putting the insulin in it, then you wouldn't have had this issue. The milky look is just a reaction when you mix insulin and test. You will be fine, but I wouldn't practise this again.

Mick I've been buzy so haven't had a chance to do that thing for ya mate, I promise tomorrow I'll do it.

Chat soon.

-Gear

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    You should have sterilized the test vial before putting the insulin in it, then you wouldn't have had this issue. The milky look is just a reaction when you mix insulin and test. You will be fine, but I wouldn't practise this again.

Mick I've been buzy so haven't had a chance to do that thing for ya mate, I promise tomorrow I'll do it.

Chat soon.

-Gear
    So you think it will be fine, that's a relief, thanks. Its gotten more tender where I injected and there is as small red lump. I'm a bit concerned, but hopefully my body breaks it down. Is that what usually happens?

Was pretty foolish, I was worried something like this may happen but did not want to wast it.

I did not have the necessary things to sterilized the vial, I'm assuming you mean BA and or BB if I knew how to obtain them I would. I have since acquired a sterilized vial.

No worries, when ever your free, thanks.
    Last edited by mick86; 10-07-2008 at 08:53 AM.

mick86 is offline Member
    For the benefit of anyone else in my situation its now 9 days after I did the shot and the lump is completely gone. I cant even find it if I press firmly on the area so its fair to say that that's the end of that

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

-Gear

Thread Information