Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alwayson is offline Associate Member

What is the cheapest real pharma HGH?

Not looking for a source or specific price.

Just which name brand pharmaceutical company hgh usually sells for the cheapest comparatively

thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member
    There isnt too much difference in price with FDA approved HGH. In the US the FDA doesnt recognize bio-generics. So therefore when a company wants to produce a biotech drug, in this example HGH, they have to go through the entire process including clinical trials as if it was a new drug. So there is very little room for cost savings. That being said I have noticed Omnitrope and Tev-tropin tend to be slightly cheaper.

Congress is planning to look at legislature this year or next year that will pave the way for biogenerics here in the US. When this finally happens...we should start to see some cheaper FDA approved HGH.

Biogenerics are already approved for use in Europe. I am not sure of any HGH that is a biogeneric though.

alwayson is offline Associate Member
    back in the day it used to be serostim?

not anymore?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    that will all depend on the source your using. one source my sell humatrope cheaper then nutropin and the other may sell the nutropin cheaper.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

rockbos is offline New Member

Omnitrope

The "cheapest" FDA approved HGH is Omnitrope currently. Omnitrope is made by Sandoz which is owned by Novartis and generally makes generic drugs. That said, Omnitope is not technically a generic, the FDA calls it a "follow-on protein product". Sandoz had to take the FDA to court to have them make a decision on their application. All legit HGH is 100% Somatropin. This is a 191 amino-acid chain protein. Though each pharma/bio-tech has it's own production method and/or will occasionally add additional compounds to their Somatropin, at the heart of it it's all the same. So Sandoz had to demonstrate that they were able to produce a 191aa chain Somatropin. Since Somatropin itself is a well studied known entity they were able to get approval to market and sell their product in the USA as a "follow-on protein product"; sort of a quasi-generic you could say.

That said, it's still obviously by prescription only and still very expensive. If you look up the published retail rates for pharma-HGH it's about 40% less expensive than Pfizer's or Genetech's "brand name" HGH. Though the cost per IU is still VERY expensive IMO. I haven't looked at the published prices in a little bit, but I think it retails for about 3-4 times what blue tops seem to be going for these days.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbos View Post
    The "cheapest" FDA approved HGH is Omnitrope currently. Omnitrope is made by Sandoz which is owned by Novartis and generally makes generic drugs. That said, Omnitope is not technically a generic, the FDA calls it a "follow-on protein product". Sandoz had to take the FDA to court to have them make a decision on their application. All legit HGH is 100% Somatropin. This is a 191 amino-acid chain protein. Though each pharma/bio-tech has it's own production method and/or will occasionally add additional compounds to their Somatropin, at the heart of it it's all the same. So Sandoz had to demonstrate that they were able to produce a 191aa chain Somatropin. Since Somatropin itself is a well studied known entity they were able to get approval to market and sell their product in the USA as a "follow-on protein product"; sort of a quasi-generic you could say.

That said, it's still obviously by prescription only and still very expensive. If you look up the published retail rates for pharma-HGH it's about 40% less expensive than Pfizer's or Genetech's "brand name" HGH. Though the cost per IU is still VERY expensive IMO. I haven't looked at the published prices in a little bit, but I think it retails for about 3-4 times what blue tops seem to be going for these days.

we are talking black market prices bro. most people here are not perscribed hgh so the pharm price is irrelevant
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Thread Information