bowers32 is offline Junior Member

Might be Staring HGH.. Will be Looking for Advice

I am almost 47 years old.. 5"9 and weight about 240.... I have done a lot of weight training over many years... but as age has creeped up on me my body fat % is out of control.. it is about 25%...

So I either give in and become the typical middle-age fat guy.. or fight it to the bitter end. I came from a family of shor fat people... really fat.. and I refuse to go that route !!!

I have a dr. appt at a clinic here and they will do a battery of blood tests to see where all my levels are at.. of course I am hoping my test levels are low so they will put me on HGH... though they tell me the cost is over $800 a month... YIKES... don't know how long I will be able to keep that up.

They also talk about a test liquid that they will prescribe, that will cost about $50 a month... any idea what this may be?

I have started an extreme diet,,, very low carb... very high protein.. very clean.. to get me back on track on my diet... I feel I need to get down to 200 lbs... and like everyone else I want to lose that 40lbs as quickly as possible.. .so hopefully the HGH will help.

I still lift weights 3-5 times a week.. heavy weights, low reps... I gain muscle fairly easy.

I love this forum and read it all the time.. so I will be coming on and getting your opinions and suggestions as I start this journey.. I am not a bodybuilder, just want to get to a fit and healthy point and fight off the lifetime of being a fatass that most of my family has accepted.

Thanks

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    Looks like your heading down the HRT path, have a read in HRT forum. Basicly what clincs do is give you the hormones you had when you where 21.

The liquid test wil most prob be test e or test c and they will prob give it to you in one dose a week. Im not to sure on HRT for HGH.

Try talk to kale or older lifer, the some guys in the HRT forum should know more.

You say you train 3-5 times a week weights, how many cardio sessions are you doing?
    Last edited by Charger527; 04-10-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Suffered some injuries that kept me out of the gym for about 4 months, so am getting back in for the last month or so... In order to lose as much weight as possible I am on the Fapid Fatloss Diet that Lyle McDonald put together... which means I am on lean protein, zero carbs etc... I weight train full body three times a week, heavy weights, low reps and I do Cardio after the weights for 20-45 minutes..

because the calories are so low on this diet I can't do too much cardio... I will stay on this only for about 8 weeks to get a god jumpstart and then progress into something more standard where I will increase the weight training and Cardio... have done this diet before and it works very well..

Slide is offline Associate Member
    If you want to lose weight keep the cardio up.

I am not a huge ran of extreme diets for long term weight loss. If the purpose of this is keeping the weight off for the rest of your life, i would do something you know you can live with...

Good luck, let us know how the progress goes.

Thanks Slide.... I totally agree... the RFL diet is something I have used to get a good start... mentally it just helps to see some good fat loss quickly... but only short term of course cause this kind of crash diet isn't good long term....

Thread Information