georgebanks is offline Junior Member

My first week on Insulin... please give me your thougts

ok first of all I did plenty of research before I started, so anyone who wants to chime in and tell me to read, just skip over this thread.

I am 29 years old... 205 lbs, 12% body fat

I am currently using:
    200mg test per week
    100mg deca per week
    3iu hgh ed

and I have just started insulin (R) post workout.

Immediatley after slin shot I have a post workout shake consisting of 30g waxey maize carbs, 30g protien, with glutamine, amino acids, creatine, and dextrose.

half hour later I have an additional shake with more waxey maize, dextrose, and protien.

About an hour after the last shake I have my meal which is 2 chicken breasts and brown rice.

I started out very light on the slin, which is what i read.

My first 2 day i used 2iu post workout and felt nothing.

my next 2 days I used 3iu's and then the next 2 days 4iu's. Still I felt nothing

The next day I used 5 iu and 15 minutes later it hit me like a ton of bricks ! I got all my supplements and nutrition down and everything was fine.. But I felt very very fuzzy for about 2 1/2 hours. I'm wondering why such a small change would make such a significant difference.

The next day.. even with the insulin out my system... I feel very run down and spent. Very little energy, not really tired but weak.

any thoughts on this?

obviously I'm going to keep my dose under 5iu.... If I even continue.... I dont like feeling like this. I know people react different to slin... but this is not what I expected.

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    Do u have a glucometer? If not, u need one!

It will most likely tell u why u feel like crap

Quote Originally Posted by peteroy01 View Post
    Do u have a glucometer? If not, u need one!

It will most likely tell u why u feel like crap
    I got the glucometer... I checked it right away, so it may not have been an accurate reading since I've been eating starchy foods all day, but it was high.

that explains why I'm feeling like crap I suppose

nevermind... I sterilized my hands and checked again twice... it came back at 115.

wharton is offline out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by georgebanks View Post
    ok first of all I did plenty of research before I started, so anyone who wants to chime in and tell me to read, just skip over this thread.

I am 29 years old... 205 lbs, 12% body fat

I am currently using:
    200mg test per week
    100mg deca per week
    3iu hgh ed

and I have just started insulin (R) post workout.

Immediatley after slin shot I have a post workout shake consisting of 30g waxey maize carbs, 30g protien, with glutamine, amino acids, creatine, and dextrose.

half hour later I have an additional shake with more waxey maize, dextrose, and protien.

About an hour after the last shake I have my meal which is 2 chicken breasts and brown rice.

I started out very light on the slin, which is what i read.

My first 2 day i used 2iu post workout and felt nothing.

my next 2 days I used 3iu's and then the next 2 days 4iu's. Still I felt nothing

The next day I used 5 iu and 15 minutes later it hit me like a ton of bricks ! I got all my supplements and nutrition down and everything was fine.. But I felt very very fuzzy for about 2 1/2 hours. I'm wondering why such a small change would make such a significant difference.

The next day.. even with the insulin out my system... I feel very run down and spent. Very little energy, not really tired but weak.

any thoughts on this?

obviously I'm going to keep my dose under 5iu.... If I even continue.... I dont like feeling like this. I know people react different to slin... but this is not what I expected.
    If you took 5iu and only took 30g of carb and 30g of protein then thats your problem.. You say you have read up on slin yet you are taking in so little protein and not enough carbs, This is dangerous and a waste of time,...

So for every iu of slin Take at least 10grams of carbs I would recomend 15gram if your a beginer just to be safe so 5iu=75gram of carb for beginer, With slin its gonna force way more protein into your muscles than normal so 30gram isnt gonna cut it you need 100gram or more protein, I would take the carbs and protein FIRST then imediatly after take the slin. Keep on hand a can of coke or sugar tabs incase you go hypo, If this happens imediatly drink all the can or pop 4-6 sugar tabs then consume a protein/carb meal at least 100/100.

Example: I take 10iu slin after my workout and my shake is 150gram protein, 300gram carb, then 2-2.5 hours after I eat 300-400gram of rice and 600-800grams of lean meat (Stay away from any fats while the slin is active).

Your feeling run down? EAT EAT EAT.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by wharton; 01-13-2010 at 08:02 AM.

onewheel954 is offline Junior Member
    u need more carbs, i usually doubled my body weight w carbs, used to keep the ready to drink pre workout drinks with all carbs, and some noodles or rice of some sort

dinko is offline Associate Member
    for each iu of insuline you need 10gr of carb, plus 10gr in total, usually after one hour.
    for example

11:00 5iu insulin
    12:00 5x10 + 10 = 60gr carb (food)

wharton is offline out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by dinko View Post
    for each iu of insuline you need 10gr of carb, plus 10gr in total, usually after one hour.
    for example

11:00 5iu insulin
    12:00 5x10 + 10 = 60gr carb (food)
    BAD ADIVICE

Some insulin is active within 5min, make sure you check what slin you are using and active times etc.

dinko is offline Associate Member
    didnt knew that. i just read that each insulin has its own peek time.
    so you have to find out what it your insulin peak time.
    mine (humalog) is 1 hour.

Thread Information