/nyc is offline New Member

my first insulin cycle. PLEASE critique

i'm about to run my first cycle of insulin and i need opinions from people with experience..so i came here. i am 5'8 170lbs about 14% bodyfat and i'm 23, training for about a year and a half.

i will be running Humalog for a month. i chose humalog because of its short active window, and i feel like it will be easier to handle.

i'll start at 5 IU's post workout, and work my way up 1 IU each week, until i reach 7 IU. i will keep glucose tablets on hand. here is what my diet will look like..

6am- 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoops whey, 1tsp creatine = 4.5g fat, 30g carbs, 41g protein

9am- peanut butter on whole wheat = 19g fat, 35g carbs, 17g protein

11:30am- ~6oz chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli = 3g fat, 10g carbs, 34g protein

3pm- 2 scoops whey = 3g fat, 6g carbs, 48g protein

5:30pm- 1 cup organic whole wheat pasta, 1 banana = 2.5g fat, 85g carbs, 13g protein

6pm- workout

~7pm- insulin sub-q, 1 scoop waxy maize, 2 scoop whey, 1tsp creatine = 40g carbs, 48g protein

~8pm- lean steak or chicken breast, 2 baked potato OR 1 cup brown rice, maybe some broccoli

9:30pm- tuna, 2 cups fat free milk, 1 cup orange juice - 1g fat, 52g carbs, 33g protein

10pm- sleep

i kind of think i'm eating too much fat what do you guys think? oh yeah, i wont be pinning on non-workout days.
    Last edited by /nyc; 02-21-2010 at 02:07 AM.

bump. come on guys i need answers.

carteblanche08865 is offline Junior Member
    I don't have experience with insulin . You really need it with only a year and a half training? I'd drop the OJ right before bed and replace some of those shakes with solid food. I think the protein is ok at about 275 grams. Carbs are at about 300, so that may need some adjusting depending on gains and body type. I don't really think the fat will kill you, only about 35 grams, maybe even add a little peanut butter (organic) before bed with the tuna depending on appetite in the morning. I'd personally go with a little more carbs with breakfast and switch that broccoli from the 3rd to the 2nd meal. Also, depending on what you can do, put that banana from 530 into the shake at 3 and then go with pasta and a shake before the gym. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by carteblanche08865; 02-23-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo ;)

Quote Originally Posted by carteblanche08865 View Post
    I'd drop the OJ right before bed and replace some of those shakes with solid food.
    yeah i'm trying to avoid too much fat gain, so eating fat before bed and while the slin is still somewhat active doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

thanks for the other tips though, i'll tweak the diet a bit

carteblanche08865 is offline Junior Member
    yeah i'm trying to avoid too much fat gain, so eating fat before bed and while the slin is still somewhat active doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

thanks for the other tips though, i'll tweak the diet a bit

Ok man, good luck.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Why you want to do this type of experience?

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Would like to see exp input

trygear is offline New Member
    Start with 2iu, then add as to find your tolerance. This will kill you if you mess it up!!
    Take it extra slow until your confident.

i appreciate everybody replying, but can i please get an expert's opinion?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why in the hell would you feel the need to shoot insulin at 23 with only a year and a half of training? You're only 170lbs at 5' 8". Have you cycled AAS? I would assume so because you're going to try insulin but with those stats I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Why in the hell would you feel the need to shoot insulin at 23 with only a year and a half of training? You're only 170lbs at 5' 8". Have you cycled AAS? I would assume so because you're going to try insulin but with those stats I'm not sure.
    nope, never cycled aas. and of course i dont NEED to use insulin , nobody does, it's just a personal choice of mine.

Musa is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by /nyc View Post
    nope, never cycled aas. and of course i dont NEED to use insulin, nobody does, it's just a personal choice of mine.

bro , you really need to do a lot of research...........start with test first...how did you decide is smart to start with insuline at your age and your stats.....without any experience????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Musa View Post
    bro , you really need to do a lot of research...........start with test first...how did you decide is smart to start with insuline at your age and your stats.....without any experience????????????
    how else would i gain experience if i dont try it out on a low dosage? and how would taking test give me experience with insulin ? lol you make no sense bro

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    how else would i gain experience if i dont try it out on a low dosage? and how would taking test give me experience with insulin? lol you make no sense bro
    One mistake with insulin and you can DIE.

If your asking questions on how to use it, (even second opinions) you are not ready to use it!

^^^^^^^^^^^ this is the best advice you got^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by the big 1; 03-04-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Musa is offline Associate Member
    how else would i gain experience if i dont try it out on a low dosage? and how would taking test give me experience with insulin? lol you make no sense bro

What I meant to say is , you need to get in to game slowly...learn how the body works and reacts to this type of drugs......and you should not be starting with insulin ...........can kill you.
    Whay do you refuse to do steroids first????

shuarma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Musa View Post
    What I meant to say is , you need to get in to game slowly...learn how the body works and reacts to this type of drugs......and you should not be starting with insulin ...........can kill you.
    Whay do you refuse to do steroids first????
    because i'm trying to say away from gear at least until i'm 25. my natural testosterone is only peaking around now.

Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    One mistake with insulin and you can DIE.

If your asking questions on how to use it, (even second opinions) you are not ready to use it!

^^^^^^^^^^^ this is the best advice you got^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    how do i gain experience without actually experiencing the drug itself? and how else would i learn if i don't ask questions? i've studied insulin for long enough to construct a diet, and to me it looks like my diet is perfect. i just wanted somebody else's opinion. everybody on here was of absolutely no help (thus far).
    Last edited by shuarma; 03-06-2010 at 06:46 PM.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your natural testosterone is peaking then you shouldn't need insulin . It's dangerous as hell and only used to top level bodybuilders.

shuarma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    If your natural testosterone is peaking then you shouldn't need insulin. It's dangerous as hell and only used to top level bodybuilders.
    it's not dangerous if you have shit planned out. it's only dangerous because there's so many people who decide to take it without any prior knowledge. i have a diet that i will follow as if my life depended on it (literally), a reasonable dosage, i'll be monitoring my BG levels very often, and i'll have glucose tablets on hand at all time. sorry guys, where's the danger?

bigdog494 is offline Junior Member
    bro u asked the question and your getting mad with the answeres saying everyones wrong about you using it then why you on this board if your gonna do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog494 View Post
    bro u asked the question and your getting mad with the answeres saying everyones wrong about you using it then why you on this board if your gonna do it anyway
    i came on here for people to help me with me diet. not to tell me if i should take insulin or not. the danger level of insulin really depends on the user. i don't see how it could be dangerous if i'm monitoring my BG levels and following a strict diet?

Thread Information