squat deep is offline New Member

The less the better when it comes to post humalog carbs?

Hello, I've run 8 humalog cycles(with AS, t3), and I know I can get away with very little carbs after shooting. For 10iu of humalog i can get away with maybe less then 30g but i normally keep it higher.
    From what I've been hearing and reading, it seems that people seem to be trying to take the least amount of carbs possible just enough to not go hypo, so i was wondering if it's best to minimize carbs for the 4 hrs when the slin is active or should i take 7g of dextrose per iu of humalog within 15 min after injecting and wait an hour and have 100g of low gi carbs (ex brown rice, i can get away with 0 carbs on this meal and not go hypo) with my chicken (~60g carbs... right after shooting is 50g whey isolate(0 fat)+10g creatine+10g glutamine) also i'm cruising right now at dosage of 400mg/week test, do you think it's a good idea to take slin while just cruising?
    last q is whether it's a good idea to take slin without t3 or if clen or eca is good enough

im hoping to gain lean mass
    (i hate fat gains..)
    and stat is 5 f 8in 220 lbs 6% bf
    i compete in mma, powerlifting, and bodybuilding, and again my goal is to lean bulk

o and plus i am planning on running slin year round 4 weeks on 4weeks off style (4 times per week... or at this dosage do you think 6 times a week is ok?) does this sound like a reasonable plan? thanks
    thank you all in advance, and any help from you brothers would be awsome

(sorry for poor english)
    Last edited by squat deep; 09-11-2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: to correct mistakes

anybody please? ......

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squat deep View Post
    Hello, I've run 8 humalog cycles(with AS, t3), and I know I can get away with very little carbs after shooting. For 10iu of humalog i can get away with maybe less then 30g but i normally keep it higher.
    From what I've been hearing and reading, it seems that people seem to be trying to take the least amount of carbs possible just enough to not go hypo, so i was wondering if it's best to minimize carbs for the 4 hrs when the slin is active or should i take 7g of dextrose per iu of humalog within 15 min after injecting and wait an hour and have 100g of low gi carbs (ex brown rice, i can get away with 0 carbs on this meal and not go hypo) with my chicken (~60g carbs... right after shooting is 50g whey isolate(0 fat)+10g creatine+10g glutamine) also i'm cruising right now at dosage of 400mg/week test, do you think it's a good idea to take slin while just cruising?
    last q is whether it's a good idea to take slin without t3 or if clen or eca is good enough

im hoping to gain lean mass
    (i hate fat gains..)
    and stat is 5 f 8in 220 lbs 6% bf
    i compete in mma, powerlifting, and bodybuilding, and again my goal is to lean bulk

o and plus i am planning on running slin year round 4 weeks on 4weeks off style (4 times per week... or at this dosage do you think 6 times a week is ok?) does this sound like a reasonable plan? thanks
    thank you all in advance, and any help from you brothers would be awsome

(sorry for poor english)
    id be questioning the potency of the slin in that case, alot of suppliers dont store it properly. the last time i did slin 10ius with 100grms still made me go hypo everytime

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    id be questioning the potency of the slin in that case, alot of suppliers dont store it properly. the last time i did slin 10ius with 100grms still made me go hypo everytime
    thank you for replying sir
    i doubt mine has lost any potency as it's prescribed, straight from the doc product, same ones that the diebetes are given. And also I've used humalog from three docs, and for all of them I have consumed as little as I mentioned and have not gone hypo.
    In this case, should I keep the carbs as low as possible within the 4hours when slin is active or should I keep it up to about 7 g per iu of carbs within 15min after shooting, and 100g of carbs an hour later?
    Again, thank you for replying!
    Last edited by squat deep; 09-13-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: to be more polite

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your plan sounds like an easy way to fall into a coma.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can get away with the same, 30gr after 10ius. I always kept some oj close by though, and I worked down to that.

thanks for your reply!
    i wanted to know whether the results are best if i keep the carbs as low as possible (as in, would it give me least fat gains while protein shuttling factor is still efficient)
    any opinions on this sir? assuming no safety issues are of any problem

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    I can get away with the same, 30gr after 10ius. I always kept some oj close by though, and I worked down to that.
    thx for your reply! i worked down also, and always have a glass of dextrose mixed with water next to me just in case any negative symptoms show
    however, never had any except being tired and hungry because when im off slin and not cutting, then i go for at least 50g of dextrose right after workout and 100g low gi carbs an hour later
    but when im on slin, i never do that and tend to keep the carbs far lower making me hungry and a little lethargic(tired)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by squat deep View Post
    thank you for replying sir
    i doubt mine has lost any potency as it's prescribed, straight from the doc product, same ones that the diebetes are given. And also I've used humalog from three docs, and for all of them I have consumed as little as I mentioned and have not gone hypo.
    In this case, should I keep the carbs as low as possible within the 4hours when slin is active or should I keep it up to about 7 g per iu of carbs within 15min after shooting, and 100g of carbs an hour later?
    Again, thank you for replying!
    are you diabetic? have you kept it re-fridgerated?

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm trying to figure this question out myself. Your muscles NEED carbs for building extra size. As for the perfect amount for bulking without putting on too much fat????????????? That's the question. Something that you need to experement with. Again be safe!

I also don't need many carbs with humalog. I get away with 50g for 10iu. Everyone has a different insulin sensitivity

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed on the insulin sensitivity, I am on my third blast with humalog and I when I started I was taking 7gms per IU these days I use much less initially and simply take in a little bit as needed during the two hrs following the shot. For me at least this seems to work better instead of flooding the bloodstream with carbs then letting them drop I simply set a level and maintain it through the active life of the shot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Agreed on the insulin sensitivity, I am on my third blast with humalog and I when I started I was taking 7gms per IU these days I use much less initially and simply take in a little bit as needed during the two hrs following the shot. For me at least this seems to work better instead of flooding the bloodstream with carbs then letting them drop I simply set a level and maintain it through the active life of the shot.
    1st few runs i got away with 50grms per 10iu shot, on my last run i got hypo everytime on 100grms carbs after a 10iu shot. can depend on the potency of the slin itself and if it has been properly stored before you got it. i used the same type slin each time

Thread Information