600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member

IGF-1 and Pit tumor

I've got a question on the use of IGF-1 in conjunction with a pituitary tumor. My wife had a pituitary tumor that ruptured due to Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. According to the endo her anterior pituitary is not functioning. She is currently on cortisone and synthroid . I have been taking the MOD Grf 1-29 and GHRP-6 and have had some good results with body recompositioning. My question is could she benefit from IGF-1 since it bypasses the pituitary? And since there are different forms of IGF-1 which would be of most benefit?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    IGF-1 analogs (as well as the GHRP/GHRH you are familiar with) are off the table (imho - having little to no clinical relevance) - hopefully a talented endo is looking after her - Best wishes to the better half 600@50

Thanks Vette. It's been a little over a year since the hemorrhage and she's doing much better but to be honest she has seen several endos and one even said "I'm really not concerned with how you feel (i.e. quality of life) I'm just trying to keep you alive". Now I appreciate that but at the same time if things can be better then we both want that too. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    This is way beyond the scope of anything I'd care to give advice about. But how are the rest of her panels looking? Is she being tested regularly?

Everything looks good except any hormone related to the anterior pituitary. She's really doing ok.......but just ok. Like I said there seems little concern for a real quality of life treatment protocol. We are close to a very large research medical center and I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge of treatment of this diagnosis. The endos seem to be scared of the cortisone and even trying different dosages. It took a year for her to finally get a script for an emergency cortisone shot. They seem to be more comfortable with the synthroid and varying that dose. She's back in the gym and making progress. Heat can be a problem so she has to watch out for overheating.

Thread Information