clowned is offline Junior Member

HGH Gut, how does this happen?

We've all seen it on the pro's. That turtle like shell of muscle protruding from their stomach. But my question is how does this happen? Rumor has it that it's due to HGH and insulin use. With no real facts about the matter I was hoping someone could shed some light on this problem and explain how it happens and obviously how to avoid it completely.

Skyrinegt is offline Associate Member
    Tons of igf receptors in intestines so when using something like igf lr3 for a long period its finds it's way down there and grows that and bam you have gorilla gut

clowned is offline Junior Member
    Is there any articles on this. Would love to have a read.

rockhardman is offline Associate Member
    Hahaha gorilla gut!....some pros wear a lifting belt when working out or keep ur gut tight when driving, sitting or just relaxed. Guess is not working lol

Optima25 is offline Associate Member
    That is because of hgh and also they eat much more than you over years

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    When I was in my early 30's I bulked up to around 250 lbs inorder to get my arms up to 22 inches with a pump. I had to eat so much that I permanently stretched the fascia where my rectus abdominus (abs ) attach. Now my stomach bulges out more than it use to so eating too much has something to do with getting a large gut. I also developed a hernia at my naval during this period. I no longer bulk up.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    When I was in my early 30's I bulked up to around 250 lbs inorder to get my arms up to 22 inches with a pump. I had to eat so much that I permanently stretched the fascia where my rectus abdominus (abs ) attach. Now my stomach bulges out more than it use to so eating too much has something to do with getting a large gut. I also developed a hernia at my naval during this period. I no longer bulk up.
    frank zane said bulking was his biggest career mistake, he did it once and never again.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good to know

what about your internal organs grow on HGH over time at large doses? could this add to some of the hgh guts we see in the super heavy weights

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Right on bulking up was my worst mistake did it when i was 165 pounds to get to 200 that should have been the only time.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland
    Did you end up getting the hernia fixed or have you left it??

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I read that GH gut happens more from insulin usages .. This true ?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    There are a few factors that contribute to the gut.

The amount of food pros have to eat def can cause distension as Ronnie stated above.

The amount of Gh and IGF and Slin that the pros take also can lead to intestinal and internal organ growth as someone stated above.

And large amounts of slin can cause fat to be stored around the internal organs, causing the extrusion.

There is not one single thing that can be stated as the cause of the gut.

I know many ppl who run high amounts of slin and GH but have no gut.

And I know ppl who bulk hard all year round on only high test and have quite a distended stomach.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ronnie thanks for sharing about your distension.

Of course another cause is any kind of back injury that prevents a normal healthy posture, I had several herniated discs back when I was in my mid to late twenties. During the time from my mid 20s to mid 30s my distension got worse then kinda leveled off and its only been recently in my mid 50s that I have finally got rid of most of my gut and have almost completely corrected my posture.

Ronnies post gives me food for thought, as I will hopefully be starting a new job soon and did not want to come to work eating 7 times a day. Because of this I had planned to do an IF routine where I would eat a huge breakfast and lunch...now I am thinking I will compromize and eat a light meal on waking then workout PWO shake then normal breakfast go to work normal lunch and then eat twice more at home after work.

Thanks to all who posted as this is a great subject, by the way I agree with Dukkits post myself and feel like most things physiologic it has many causes and is usually a combination of things in great excess ( not knocking any IFBB pros as its whats required to make it as a big boy) that cause extreme cases we are seeing these days.

FFM

Thread Information