Jaanos is offline New Member

Metformin for Weekend Re-feeds

Evening all
    I follow a 5 day keto (-25g carb, high fat/pro) 2 day Re-Feed/Carb load's on Weekend (Anabolic diet/CKD)

Currently I kick off the re-feed post depleation workout satarday mournings with 100g dextrose, 75g wpi and 10iu humalog, and will keep shooting 5-10iu humalog every 6 or so hours throughout the load (keeping it low dietary fat ofcourse), and though i have found great success using the slin in this method, i do tend to lay down slightly more bodyfat than i would like.

I was thinking of Starting the load with the dex/wpi/slin as stated above, but continue the re-feed with somthing that will help with insulin sensitivity instead, such as Metformin, as i have read on a few boards doing somthing similar to myself and finds it helps keep fat gains to a minimum.
    Anyone able to help me put together a dosing protocol, starting the metformin 6 hours after the PWO slin, and running it untill sunday night?

On a side note i have also been shooting the slin after my last carb meal sunday night to acheive ketosis quicker, could i continue doing so or would the metformin suffice at going keto, and if so how would i use/dose it following my last carb meal?

thanks!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I think nark has experience with metformin....

I too considered using it but never really got round to it

Jaanos is offline New Member
    Cool, i might send him a PM, or wait for him to chime in (hopefully)

if anyone else out there can help though would be great

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    all metformin does is help keep my blood sugars under control, they just sit ontop of the fridge since i now control it with diet/excercise. idk what these diabetes meds do to people without diabetes tho......

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Its about all its good for IME ..as long as you dont get the adverse sides like upset stomach and diarrhea. I wouldnt mix it and slin. IME I can achieve ketosis around 12 hrs faster using glucophage (metformin)

Thread Information