mkt
    mkt is offline Female Member

Question HGH and high liver enzymes

Hi all. I've been sick since coming home from Mexico with a flu and god knows what else. had blood panels yesterday and doc said i have elevated liver enzymes. It's the ALT and AST enzymes and i don't have the exact numbers but 200 or 300ish each when they shouldn't be able 100. he said hepatitis is in the thousands but is doing more tests. I'll get results Monday.

I've written to my hormone doc and won't take any more HGH until I have a green light from her and a regular doc though most regular docs seem opposed to HGH in general.

I also found a lot of research stating that a high protein diet will give you high numbers there. My appetite has been so bad this last week I've been supplementing with protein shakes and otherwise barely eating. i've lost ten pounds (which of course i like but liver disease.... no like so much)

I haven't had any drinks since vacation and even on vacation only really drank the first few days until i got sick, so call it a week and a half.

I did get quite a lot of delicious painkillers after my knee surgery and developed a bit of a habit of snacking on those at bedtime... that can't be good.

In any case, it seems I have a lot of reasons to have this elevation but i wonder what experience anyone has with liver problems and HGH and/or high protein diet and liver problems.

thanks

mkt
    mkt is offline Female Member
    where can i edit my threads?

"200 or 300ish each when they shouldn't be OVER 100."

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would think a more likely cause of the liver enzyme elevation would be the pain killers ( percocet etc. contain tylenol) or your sickness rather than the HGH. However its always best to err on the side of caution till you are sure.

Thread Information