Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hephens is offline Member

Slin experts please

I plan to use slin soon, i have these novorapid pens and i think they could be slow acting slin. When is the best times to take slin? I was thinking 5iu/breakfast, 5iu/pre-workout(for that pump), 5iu/post-workout? If theya re slow def would not take it anytime 4hrs before bed. Will be running it with hgh aswel
    Last edited by Hephens; 09-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    its fast acting. Similiar to humalog
    onset begins within 5-10 minutes, peak time is 45-90, and duration is 3-5 hours
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephens View Post
    I plan to use slin soon, i have these novorapid pens and i think they could be slow acting slin. When is the best times to take slin? I was thinking 5iu/breakfast, 5iu/pre-workout(for that pump), 5iu/post-workout? If theya re slow def would not take it anytime 4hrs before bed. Will be running it with hgh aswel
    Are you prepared to avoid fats for 3-5 hours btw each pin. That means if you pin three times a day, you need to avoid fats for 12-15 hours a day, you will bloat and get fat with slin and fats. How about starting with 1-5iu once a day and see how you handle it and learn to work your diet around it.

Just my $.2

Best of luck

Hephens is offline Member
    Yeah thats what i thought i got fat off it last time but that was without hgh intake and very poor diet, was just eating anything in site. Well i thought i could get away with just having high carb meals with the slin than fats in my meals lateron. for example breakfast would be 5iu of slin with 50grams dextrose and protien powder shake. Than 30mins later another carb/protien meal(no fats). But my next meal after would have some fats in it.

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephens View Post
    Yeah thats what i thought i got fat off it last time but that was without hgh intake and very poor diet, was just eating anything in site. Well i thought i could get away with just having high carb meals with the slin than fats in my meals lateron. for example breakfast would be 5iu of slin with 50grams dextrose and protien powder shake. Than 30mins later another carb/protien meal(no fats). But my next meal after would have some fats in it.
    Why the decision to use slin? I'm sure gh and gear and a good diet will get you where you want to be, Sin is risky.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    take my personal advice and stay away from it, no ave. gym user should be touching slin, its just stupid and pointless. gains go after a few days of discontinuing, hypo symptoms in my case have lasted just over year now since my last run on it!!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you do run slin no need to run it at high doses. IMO, that's why people get fat on slin. When running small doses 2-5iu you don't have to bump your carb intake up much and IGF-1 still elevates leading to more protein synthesis without the bloat (hopefully).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    If you do run slin no need to run it at high doses. IMO, that's why people get fat on slin. When running small doses 2-5iu you don't have to bump your carb intake up much and IGF-1 still elevates leading to more protein synthesis without the bloat (hopefully).
    2-5iu's are completely pointless mate, you get next to sweet nothing out of slin at that dose

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    2-5iu's are completely pointless mate, you get next to sweet nothing out of slin at that dose
    2-5ius may not help with weight gain, which in my mind is good and will keep bloat down. However it will aid is shuttling nutrients such as amino acids and creatine post workout. If your trying to lose fat but still want a insulin spike after a workout you can spike your glucose with slin, 2-5 iu's is plenty for that then pin and take your ancillaries you are wanting the slin to force feed to you body, slin does a great job with this, and you are well below the danger zone of going above 5-10iu's. Keep in mind you still need to stay clear of fats for 4-5 hours.
    Last edited by Phased; 09-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    2-5ius may not help with weight gain, which in my mind is good and will keep bloat down. However it will aid is shuttling nutrients such as amino acids and creatine post workout. If your trying to lose fat but still want a insulin spike after a workout you can spike your glucose with slin, 2-5 iu's is plenty for that then pin and take your ancillaries you are wanting the slin to force feed to you body, slin does a great job with this, and you are well below the danger zone of going above 5-10iu's. Keep in mind you still need to stay clear of fats for 4-5 hours.
    did nothing noticeable for me until i went above 10iu's a day

Phased is offline Banned
    did nothing noticeable for me until i went above 10iu's a day

Some people are different, I think the point Imola was making is 2-5iu is enough to activate the shuttling system of slin for transporting nutrients and bcaa's and whatever else you want to feed. I have never used slin to bulk, I think its stupid as you say its easy lost.

Blog Entries
    Some people are different, I think the point Imola was making is 2-5iu is enough to activate the shuttling system of slin for transporting nutrients and bcaa's and whatever else you want to feed. I have never used slin to bulk, I think its stupid as you say its easy lost.
    yeah, but whats the point in using something so dangerous and not reap a big noticeable gain from it? if weight gain isnt a reason then one would be using it for just maintaining current muscle and that would a completely stupid reason for using insulin .

Phased is offline Banned
    yeah, but whats the point in using something so dangerous and not reap a big noticeable gain from it? if weight gain isnt a reason then one would be using it for just maintaining current muscle and that would a completely stupid reason for using insulin.

I consider Tren , a50, DNP , Clen , Lasix much more dangerous then 2-5iu's of slin. I have used slin on and off for years, never had one problem, never had hypoglycemia. But like I said everyone is different. Anyways not going to argue with you, slin, gear and everything else in life is a personal decision and each person is accountable for there actions. What works for me might not work for you.

Blog Entries
    I consider Tren, a50, DNP, Clen, Lasix much more dangerous then 2-5iu's of slin. I have used slin on and off for years, never had one problem, never had hypoglycemia. But like I said everyone is different. Anyways not going to argue with you, slin, gear and everything else in life is a personal decision and each person is accountable for there actions. What works for me might not work for you.
    not arguing at all mate, those compounds can't kill you ons simple misjudgment, slin can. To me it's just for competitors, not the ave. gym goer

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11
    not arguing at all mate, those compounds can't kill you ons simple misjudgment, slin can. To me it's just for competitors, not the ave. gym goer
    Agreed. I use it because I do competition's, I don't think anyone should just use it for arbitrary reasons. People get ideas in there head and before they take the time to research what they are really doing.
    Anyways nice mini debate with you. Thank you for your opinions and clear sense of right and wrong. Not to many people have this.

See you around

Blog Entries
    Agreed. I use it because I do competition's, I don't think anyone should just use it for arbitrary reasons. People get ideas in there head and before they take the time to research what they are really doing.
    Anyways nice mini debate with you. Thank you for your opinions and clear sense of right and wrong. Not to many people have this.

See you around
    no prob, I always lay it down the line

Phased is offline Banned
    no prob, I always lay it down the line
    Hey I respect that, Its good to have some diversity. Also its great to have this forum, the only thing I worry is we have many people that can view these threads even without being a member, I would hate for someone to read a thread like this and say hey that guys big, let's start taking insulin . I stress to anyone, please dont do this. Reseach, learn, listen then decide. Thats all I could ask.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would not consider myself a slin expert, however I have used it for years on and off with no problems ( other than some screw ups early on caused by doing stupid stuff).

Anyhow I think that slin and growth are a great combination and if you are a serious lifter well worth it.

My personal feelings/experience on slin is that first one should buy a blood glucose meter to establish a baseline ( so that you can see any changes from baseline) and also to see how one reacts to the slin as everyone reacts differently.

Then as far as usage, unless you are a IFBB level competitor I feel the best way to use slin is to only use PWO and to use Humalog or comparable super quick acting slin. As pointed out by Phased, its very important to have basically zero fats available when slin is active. This is the reason I only use it PWO so that I can control fat and keep it to an absolute minimum during slin usage, for this reason I personally like to work out in the morning when using slin so that I am devoid of any fats and then after working out have my PWO shake ( 75gms whey, 10gms creatine mono, 50 gms carbogain and 25 dextrose) then pin my 8-9 IU's slin ( this is my number, yours may be 5 or 15 with 6-9 common) . I pin in the car and have the shake on the drive home from the gym. About 30 minutes later I eat a cup of ezekial 4-9 cereal to ensure an adequate supply of complex carbs are active in the blood by the time the carbogain starts to fade. During this time I will prepare my chicken or fish and eat it within 60 minutes of finishing the shake.

By doing this I feel I am able to supply the body with a good amount of carbs with a spike of sugar then a fairly steady downward curve of bloodsugar corresponding to the peak and decline of the slin within the body.

I have tried various amounts of carbogain and dextrose and different things to maintain blood sugar after the PWO and have found that the above combination works very well for me. I feel that the idea of using a huge amount of slin and pumping lots of simple sugars is a major mistake in slin usage and that along with diet is why people see such poor ( ugly bulk gains ) results.

By the way as far as safety goes, to me a blood sugar meter is mandatory so that you can scope your levels, see changes during usage at various doses and with various carbo loading techniques. Also NEVER/EVER use near bedtime or when sleepy etc. I have found out the hard way that if you are tired and sedintary when taking slin the active life may far exceed the expected norms and then if you fall asleep you may awaken ( or not ) in a very bad state. Along those same lines always have an easy to carry easy to take source of quick carbs available at all times (say you are in a car crash on the way home or your car just breaks down and you do not have anything with you!!!) I have found energy bar Gel's work great for this, they are a foil packed gel that needs no refridgeration. I carry in my car, gymbag and home at all times and at the first sign of discomfort, confusion, sweating, irratability, etc I take one and a few minutes later the symptoms will subside.

As far as my method of usage ( only PWO etc.) the reason I do this is to minimize the possibility of damage. I feel that the amount of bang for the buck of PWO, compared to the moderate improvements seen with constant multiple doses per day are simply not worth the risk for me, however I am not an IFBB pro, I am an old man trying to recapture lost glory LOL so I only speak for myself and certainly do not critisize others who may use differently.

Well that's it for now,

FFM

Phased is offline Banned
    So you know about the hidden gem of BB... Ezekiel Bread.
    It literally is a God Send (pun intended)

Great post, thank you for your insight.

Also do you pin your log IM or Subq?

I pin Subq. I have heard that IM has a quicker more predictable absorption, however the Subq is so damned easy ( I preload my syringe at home and can pin start to finish in about 15 seconds in the car) that I just stick with the Subq.

On the Ezekiel, just to make sure you know, I was talking about 4:9 cereal. Up till a couple of weeks ago I did not even know they made cereal, now its become a mainstay of my carb intake since its so easy to store and eat.

Great to meet you ( so to speak/type )

FFM

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I pin Subq. I have heard that IM has a quicker more predictable absorption, however the Subq is so damned easy ( I preload my syringe at home and can pin start to finish in about 15 seconds in the car) that I just stick with the Subq.

On the Ezekiel, just to make sure you know, I was talking about 4:9 cereal. Up till a couple of weeks ago I did not even know they made cereal, now its become a mainstay of my carb intake since its so easy to store and eat.

Great to meet you ( so to speak/type )

FFM

See this is whats great about this place, you learn something everyday. That 4:9 looks good, I had no idea they made cereal. My world just got a bit brighter Im tired of Kashi to say the least.

Funny back story but true. I actually have met the owner of Foods For Life a few times, dinners and such, he is actually dating and most likely soon to be engaged to mothers friend from college. Small world to say the least
    Needless to say the man has money but an amazing product. Great man and really has a respect for people and the business of providing the best nutrition to his customers and the general population. Very nice man.
    It was interesting for him as well meeting me and I explained to him how his products have affected me and people in the bodybuilding/fitness community. From his original recipe he certainly has expanded his offerings.

Anyways nice to meet you as well.
    See you around.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    By the way as far as safety goes, to me a blood sugar meter is mandatory so that you can scope your levels,
    Christ! I would think that goes without saying, but I guess I'm a bit more conscious of diabetic emergency than most through my line of work.
    It sucks that glucometers are so cheap, yet the strips mostly run at about $1 each.

I'm not looking for aas type weight gains off of slin but I do think using these small amounts of slin(pinning 2-5iu's twice per day) along side my GHRP/GHRH will lead to very slow lean muscle gains (without the bloat) which is what I'm after right now since I'm currently aas free.

Yep the shuttling effect is def. what I'm most concerned with as this will lead to better recovery and thus more muscle in the long run. Great post...are you psychic? lol

So you know about the hidden gem of BB... Ezekiel Bread.
    It literally is a God Send (pun intended)
    Ezekial bread has been a carb staple of mine for about 3 years now and I love it. Feels like I'm cheating but without the guilt! It also serves as a nice break from oats. Next time to meet the owner shake his hand for me!

Phased is offline Banned
    From what I gather you read as much as I do Imola, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I'm not looking for aas type weight gains off of slin but I do think using these small amounts of slin(pinning 2-5iu's twice per day) along side my GHRP/GHRH will lead to very slow lean muscle gains (without the bloat) which is what I'm after right now since I'm currently aas free.

Yep the shuttling effect is def. what I'm most concerned with as this will lead to better recovery and thus more muscle in the long run. Great post...are you psychic? lol

Ezekial bread has been a carb staple of mine for about 3 years now and I love it. Feels like I'm cheating but without the guilt! It also serves as a nice break from oats. Next time to meet the owner shake his hand for me!
    ah yeah, mulitple pinning is fine, i thought you meant 2-5iu's intotal pd, that would yield next to nothing. i'd say a min of 5iu's x2 pd to see/feel anything.

i did 12iu x 2 pd before and went hypo each time regardless of how many carbs i took in to combat it, i changed it to 8iu x 3 pd and never went hypo once, if doing multiples then you need to be extra clean on the diet.

becareful of the fact that diff pens of slin can yield diff strength, i had one which didnt send me hypo at even 12'ius, but then i had one exact same brand/pen that had me spinning on 5iu's, i think it comes down to how its stored by sources. always gauge your way in, you are safe starting at 3'ius and going up 1iu each day after
    Last edited by dec11; 09-24-2012 at 05:10 PM.

From what I gather you read as much as I do Imola, thank you.
    Yes sir! Love learning things and using the knowledge to meet my goals.

ah yeah, mulitple pinning is fine, i thought you meant 2-5iu's intotal pd, that would yield next to nothing. i'd say a min of 5iu's x2 pd to see/feel anything.

i did 12iu x 2 pd before and went hypo each time regardless of how many carbs i took in to combat it, i changed it to 8iu x 3 pd and never went hypo once, if doing multiples then you need to be extra clean on the diet.

becareful of the fact that diff pens of slin can yield diff strength, i had one which didnt send me hypo at even 12'ius, but then i had one exact same brand/pen that had me spinning on 5iu's, i think it comes down to how its stored by sources. always gauge your way in, you are safe starting at 3'ius and going up 1iu each day after
    Good stuff dec11, I'll def. keep this info in mind.

[QUOTE=Phased;6175326]See this is whats great about this place, you learn something everyday. That 4:9 looks good, I had no idea they made cereal. My world just got a bit brighter Im tired of Kashi to say the least.

Funny back story but true. I actually have met the owner of Foods For Life a few times, dinners and such, he is actually dating and most likely soon to be engaged to mothers friend from college. Small world to say the least
    Needless to say the man has money but an amazing product. Great man and really has a respect for people and the business of providing the best nutrition to his customers and the general population. Very nice man.
    It was interesting for him as well meeting me and I explained to him how his products have affected me and people in the bodybuilding/fitness community. From his original recipe he certainly has expanded his offerings.

You know I think he needs one of those shamless advertizing campaigns were some moron seeking a cereal sponsor shows a before and after shot...

At age 55 before starting 4:9
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0083.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	127005

At age 57 after 2 years eating 4:9
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webimage2.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	127006

Tell him to PM me LOL
    Last edited by Far from massive; 09-25-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Phased is offline Banned
    Well he is actually a very humble man in both stature and attitude. But if I see him again I will say thank you for you how about that?

Great progress you have achieved and for 57, you look better than I did in high school.
    See you around.

Blog Entries
    man, had another one of these hypo turns this morning, not fvcking pleasant at all!! think the doc needs to know

DanB is offline Banned
    man, had another one of these hypo turns this morning, not fvcking pleasant at all!! think the doc needs to know
    i know you said before you off the slin a while, how long you been off?

you think there is anything else that could attrubute to it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    i know you said before you off the slin a while, how long you been off?

you think there is anything else that could attrubute to it?
    friggin almost a year and a half since i ran that shite and still getting this!!

had to neck 3 lucozades to get rid of it this morning, nothing to attribute it to, i get it on and off cycles, so i cant really blame AAS. was cleaning the kitchen and it hit me like a steam train

DanB is offline Banned
    friggin almost a year and a half since i ran that shite and still getting this!!

had to neck 3 lucozades to get rid of it this morning, nothing to attribute it to, i get it on and off cycles, so i cant really blame AAS. was cleaning the kitchen and it hit me like a steam train
    thats strange, and one of the reasons i prob never touch the stuff

could you ask your trt doc or would that be hangjng yourself?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    thats strange, and one of the reasons i prob never touch the stuff

could you ask your trt doc or would that be hangjng yourself?
    well I may ad well come clean about that too. It's strange though, how would I have an overload of slin naturally??

Sworder is offline Banned
    well I may ad well come clean about that too. It's strange though, how would I have an overload of slin naturally??
    Same here, bought a BG meter and am in the 50s when that happens. I eat almost every 2-3 hours if it draws close to 3 hours I start going hypo. Pure speculation, but I think the body gets used to having a lot of carbs and proteins in circulation from cycling and it adjusts the insulin sensitivity accordingly then when off-cycle the body maintains the higher insulin sensitivity. Just an idea, seems to be a trend though. It never happened to me before I was cycling but now it happens all the time, and I never touched insulin before that started happening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    Same here, bought a BG meter and am in the 50s when that happens. I eat almost every 2-3 hours if it draws close to 3 hours I start going hypo. Pure speculation, but I think the body gets used to having a lot of carbs and proteins in circulation from cycling and it adjusts the insulin sensitivity accordingly then when off-cycle the body maintains the higher insulin sensitivity. Just an idea, seems to be a trend though. It never happened to me before I was cycling but now it happens all the time, and I never touched insulin before that started happening.
    yeah that explaination makes sense but like you it never happened before id messed with slin

Phased is offline Banned
    What type of slin are you using, how are you pinning it, subq or IM?

I am not using slin, that is the thing!

I don't understand why my BG gets so low. What could be the reasoning to why I go hypo when my diet is fine. Can AAS have an effect on slin sensitivity or is it from consuming a lot of calories during a bulk then when I get off the sensitivity is high?

Phased is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder

I don't understand why my BG gets so low. What could be the reasoning to why I go hypo when my diet is fine. Can AAS have an effect on slin sensitivity or is it from consuming a lot of calories during a bulk then when I get off the sensitivity is high?
    I will have to do some research on this and get back to you. I'm curious as to why this is happening.

Do you have a BG meter? Maybe you should get one if you don't have one and post some numbers for us at the times you feel hypo so we can see what is going on.

Let me know

maybe you're hypoglycemic

When I wake up in the morning my BG is 60 and at that point I am only hungry. Before I go to bed I usually have 1 cup of oats and 40g casein, as well as preparing another shake with the same which I drink when I wake up. Why would my BG be so low in the morning. Yes, seems like I go hypo fast. If I wait 3 hours my BG will be in the 50s during the day. I am wondering though if this can be caused by AAS or how it comes about. Why would my body produce more insulin , I have never had this problem before I started cycling and I have no history of diabetes in my family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information