Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

GW501516 isn't as safe as some may think. A must read for those that want to know.

Luvbytes tipped me off to this information. Kudos go to him.....

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medli...denoma_growth_

Activation of nuclear hormone receptor peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta accelerates intestinal adenoma growth.

Abstract

We treated Apc(min) mice, which are predisposed to intestinal polyposis, with a selective synthetic agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta (PPAR-delta). Exposure of Apc(min) mice to the PPAR-delta ligand GW501516 resulted in a significant increase in the number and size of intestinal polyps. The most prominent effect was on polyp size; mice treated with the PPAR-delta activator had a fivefold increase in the number of polyps larger than 2 mm. Our results implicate PPAR-delta in the regulation of intestinal adenoma growth.

Next:

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medli...rcinoma_cells_

Title

PPARdelta activation induces COX-2 gene expression and cell proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells.

Abstract

Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) has been suggested to be associated with carcinogenesis. Recently, many studies have shown increased expression of COX-2 in a variety of human malignancies, including hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Therefore, it becomes important to know more about what determines COX-2 expression. In this work, we have studied the effect of PPARdelta activation on COX-2 expression using a selective agonist (GW501516) in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2) cells. Activation of PPARdelta resulted in increased COX-2 mRNA and protein expression. The mechanism behind the induction seems to be increased activity of the proximal promoter of the COX-2 gene, spanning nucleotides -327 to +59. The increased COX-2 protein expression and promoter activity induced by the GW501516 was also confirmed in the monocytic cell line THP-1. Induced levels of COX-2 have previously been associated with resistance to apoptosis and increased cell proliferation in many cell types. In HepG2 cells, we observed a dose-dependent increase in cell number by GW501516 treatment for 72h. The levels of PCNA, used as an indicator of cell division were induced, and the cell survival promoting complex p65 (NF-kappaB) was phosphorylated under GW501516 treatment. We conclude that PPARdelta activation in HepG2 cells results in induced COX-2 expression and increased cellular proliferation. These results may suggest that PPARdelta plays an important role in the development of HCC by modulating expression of COX-2.

Next...

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medli...rophage_cells_

Title

Evaluation of natural products on inhibition of inducible cyclooxygenase (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in cultured mouse macrophage cells.

Abstract

The inhibitors of prostaglandin biosynthesis and nitric oxide production have been considered as potential anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive agents. In this study, we evaluated approximately 170 methanol extracts of natural products including Korean herbal medicines for the inhibition of prostaglandin E(2) production (for COX-2 inhibitors) and nitric oxide formation (for iNOS inhibitors) in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced mouse macrophages RAW264.7 cells. As a result, several extracts such as Aristolochia debilis, Cinnamomum cassia, Cinnamomum loureirii, Curcuma zedoaria, Eugenia caryophyllata, Pterocarpus santalius, Rehmania glutinosa and Tribulus terrestris showed potent inhibition of COX-2 activity (>80% inhibition at the test concentration of 10 micro g/ml). In addition, the extracts of A. debilis, Caesalpinia sappan, Curcuma longa, C. zedoaria, Daphne genkwa and Morus alba were also considered as potential inhibitors of iNOS activity (>70% inhibition at the test concentration of 10 micro g/ml). These active extracts mediating COX-2 and iNOS inhibitory activities are warranted for further elucidation of active principles for development of new cancer chemopreventive and/or anti-inflammatory agents.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 10-18-2012 at 06:44 PM.

To summarize, certain NSAIDS like Celebrex that are Cox2 inhibitors can minimize the risk. Unfortunately, Celebrex brings with it it's own risks. Additionally, if you go here, you can read about Cox2 inhibitors. You can make up your own mind which Cox2i is best for you. If you are real sharp, you will have noticed this passage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COX-2_inhibitor

Also, Tribulus terrestris was shown to have strong inhibitory activity on COX-2.[5]
    Last edited by Times Roman; 10-18-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Bump

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah unfortunatly with most good things there are possible negative side effects. We could do like most all the drug companies and show a background of pretty flowery fields with fluffy clouds, sunshine and butterfles with pleasing music playing while you tell everyone they will get colon cancer and enlarged intestines so they wont notice. lol

It's always good to be informed so at least if you start to notice or feel anything you are aware of the possible sides and what to look for.

It seems to me that GW should not be ran continously, and should also be ran with a Cox2i such as tribulus.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    It seems to me that GW should not be ran continuously, and should also be ran with a Cox2i such as tribulus.
    That's what I was reading also it should be cycled and as said ran with tribulus.

I sure like all the positive aspects though such as lowers cholesterol and more. Still compared to most all prescription drugs I would say it has less risk than most anything except maybe a baby aspirin. Ever read the pamphlets that come with prescriptions of possible sides? lol

Bottom line it's good to be informed.

I had one of those "BRILLIANT" moments last night.

When i get the GW, I'll be capping it. But i'll mix it with tribulus.

You're welcome!

You're welcome!
    Not a bad idea... capping is a PITA though. I think I still have 500 capsules from when I tried to cap in the past.

fries is offline Junior Member
    Still.plan on running it Times? How long will you be cycling it?

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    then this Pissis me off!
    i ran a bottle of it i got for free form a friend of a friend that works for a place.

not more then a few weeks. but still i guess my mistake for using something that new.

Thanks for the info

Probably on the short term there is no harm done but it does sound a lot safer ran with Tribulus.

Quote Originally Posted by fries View Post
    Still.plan on running it Times? How long will you be cycling it?
    My GW is in US customs now, trying to find me............................................

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    My GW is in US customs now, trying to find me............................................
    hopefully it will find you soon!

goinglong is offline Junior Member

You're welcome!
    Times,

What is the mg amount of tribulus you are going to take ed?

Thanks!

Thread Information