Wayacrucis is offline Associate Member

Considering Insulin and IGF-1 !

Hey guys..I've been on the boards for a very long time. I've been cycling with AAS for about 3 years now. Did my first competition last summer, placed 1st in my weightclass and second in the overall. Thus far I believe I have been doing very well. I have not used GH,Insulin and IGF-1. I've spent the past couple of weeks researching, primarily IGF and Insulin. Though I am sure as you all know information on AAS seems to be a lot more abundant in relation to Slin and IGF. In addition, there seems to be some conflicting beliefs in regards to dosage, cycles, results, etc, especially with both igf and slin. Therefore, I am still not sure if I am even close to educated enough to use either compound.

I do have a couple of questions, but besides my questions I'd really appreciate any input from some mods/vets that have utilized either compounds in the past.

Insulin -

1. I believe that in Canada insulin does not require a prescription. Therefore, would I have any issues grabbing some from my local pharmacy? ( Fast acting slin specifically, I'm only interested in post work out slin for now).

2. How do you cycle slin? (E.G. Let's us assume I'm going to commence a 12 week steroid cycle with Test and Tren . Do I run slin pre work out through the entire 12 weeks? how long is Slin safe to use without risking developing diabetes?>) (Also I train 6 times a week, use slin post work out all 6 days)?

3. Carb to IU Ratio. Some sources say 10g carbs/IU some say 5/IU. How do I know how much carbs to consume post work out? Also my source of carbs for post work out is Waxy Maize. Is waxy maize a fine source ?

4. Fats and Slin. So, Slin clears the system in 2 hours. I have read that I should not consume any fats within the 2 hours or I risk gaining fat. True?

IGF-1 -

"Insulin-Growth like factor," I really do not understand what this compound even is. I've done some reading on it, but I am still confused? Apparently this can be used for muscle specific injection growth? Also many sources claim that IGF does not even work??

Thanks a lot for any help guys.

90 views not a single respond? No wonder I'm lost on this topic

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
    90 views not a single respond? No wonder I'm lost on this topic
    Probably because the use of insulin is very risky, can cause long term damage to your body if taken incorrectly, and not many here use insulin.

The other reason, is due to when you posted it. Most of the blokes that use slin are probably "off board" for the day, and will be back in the morning or Monday AM.

Please be patient. You will get a response.

---Roman

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hello Wayacrucis,

I am not an expert on the use of slin, however I have used it for a couple of years on and off with no problems...well actually none recently it was a learning curve so maybe I can spare you some of my mistakes.

I always use slin PWO instead of preworkout. The reason for this is that you are a lot less likely to run into problems of sudden low blood sugar and if they are encountered it will be a lot less dangerous when you are not under all that stress. What I would suggest is that you get a blood sugar meter and first establish your baseline both after fasting and at several points during the day so that you have a reference.

As far as type I only use Humalog, I am in the states and yes it came from Canada...so I assume you can buy it at your local pharmacy.

On to dosage, only time and experience will let you know for sure, however you will likely wind up between 8-12 IU's. Of course you want to start much lower...around 4 IU's and then add one IU at a time till you find your sweet spot. I used to use a very large amount of carbs (simple sugars) during the entire time slin was active in my system and also use as large a dose as possible (15IU's). I have learned that this for me at least was a mistake and that by using less (8-10 IU's) and limiting the simple sugars in my PWO shake and then using normal food sources for my carbs I am able to see much better gains without all the issues of constantly adding sugar to keep out of trouble. One thing that can not be over emphasized is to keep plenty of simple sugars on hand at all times when slin is active. I keep powerbar gels in my gym bag and car console at all times so that if I am ever driving home from the gym and breakdown etc. I have them ready to go.

The other thing to be very wary of is that slin will make you tired particularly PWO, this is something you need to look out for as the data for Humalog says the active life is 2-3 hrs. Well that may be true as a general rule but if you are tired and sedintary this period can extend much longer, early on in my usage I worked out late due to scheduling conflicts did slin PWO as usual and watched tv then went to bed 3 hrs after pinning, I awoke an hour after that with sweat pouring off me, heart beating out of my chest and so confused I did not know to call 911 ....fortunately I did figure out to drink a glass of sugar water and in 10 minutes was fine but it was way too close for comfort...Lesson Learned.

Anyway if you limit your usage to PWO only and incorporate low doses and moderate sugar intake the chance of damage is a lot less. I need to get to bed but feel free to PM me with any other questions I have failed to answer.

FFM

Hephens is offline Member
    My experience with slin was it made me fat. But that was my fault with a poor diet at the time and consuming way too many carbs because was afraid of going into hypo. I also had lots of fats each time i took slin, hence reason why i got fat.

But am going to run it again soon properly, do not consume fats around the time of taking slin and depending what slin you use take fats every other meal but slin meals.
    Consume 10g of glucose sugars with each IU of slin, have more on hand in case of hypo. but with each IU of slin have 10 grams of protein with it aswel, so that's ur sugars an protein together.

What i'm going to do is take a shake around my slin time than wait 30 mins for my actually meal which will be fat free also.

So let's assume I take 8IU of Slin. My post workout shake should contain 80g of carbs? and what about my meal 1 hour after the shake? Also is Waxy maize fine? or would it be better if I take dextrose?

EarlyMuscles is offline Junior Member
    Hey I'm new to slin and everything and I want to learn about it. Do you just take it once a day post workout? Does it affect your blood sugar all day if you take it once a day?

Hephens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
    So let's assume I take 8IU of Slin. My post workout shake should contain 80g of carbs? and what about my meal 1 hour after the shake? Also is Waxy maize fine? or would it be better if I take dextrose?
    Yes that's right 80g of carbs(dextrose if you like) 80g protein(protein powder) something quick. 30min-1hr after your slin just have your normal next meal complex carbs and protein, no fats.... meals after that should be ok with fats.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMO 80 grams of protein is way too much. If he works his way up to 15iu should he take 150 grams of protein? I am currently running slin for the first time and consume roughly 40-50 grams pwo. The carbs have changed as my dose has gone up. No fats for at least 4 hours (humalin-r) and I'm making great gains with minimal fat storage.

GluteStriations is offline New Member
    1. I have personally never tried to pick it up at a local pharmacy, but have ordered online from Canadian sites with no problem. Humalog is what you want.

2.I may not be much help on this question. I consistently use slin for lagging parts only. I've had no trouble using it 2-3 times a week. I do occasionally take a few weeks off. No specific times or intervals of this time off. If you plan on using it most days, keep in mind that your muscles can only be filled up so much with slin. They can only be saturated a certain amount in a certain amount of time. 2-3 shots a week of 4iu tends to keep me very full, all the time.

3. Again, personally, I have found that 5g dextrose per iu taken with the shot, and 45-60 minutes later I take 10g/iu. Complex or simple, depending when I take the shot. 45 minutes I'll have the complex carbs, and 60 for the simple. I'm not sure about waxy maize. As for protein, I have about 20g of whey with the initial shot. None for an hour after if it's during a workout. The whey will upset my stomach if I'm training.

Edit: To clarify, I'll have complex 60 minutes later if it's a morning or post workout shot. If its a pre workout shot, 45 minutes later will be simple carbs.

4. I would not eat any fat at all 4 hours prior, and 4 hours after your slin shot to be safe. I have not gained any fat while taking slin, and doing all as I have mentioned above. I'm 2.5 weeks out from a show right now and have had 2, 4iu doses today. If you do it right, and be smart /and safe about it, slin is an amazing compound.
    Last edited by GluteStriations; 10-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Thread Information