oscar1990 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

What are the symptoms of low GH levels?? appreciate some guidance and advice..

Hi there,

So my question is quite simple. I want to know what the symptoms of low GH levels are and what do they exhibit?? I have done several searches online but the information seems very cluttered and scattered which makes me think it's inaccurate.

I have posted here assuming there has been alot of individuals on replacement (GH) due to biological downfalls etc. and personal use/experience.

I have a couple of the symptoms of what I have found online on PubMed.com -

I am 22 years of age and have always been told I look at-least 26-28, I am the only young adult male who looks 'older' then all my other friends and it seems the whole male population is complaining about looking younger much younger?? This is also not a genetic aspect of my family, atleast I dont think so. My father's and mother's side (males) appeal to look young/er than their actual age.

Thanks in advance.

Optima25 is offline Associate Member
    You will not look older on age of 22 due to low gh-levels. Forget that crap. How tall are you?

Blog Entries
    height is 183cm and weight is 78kg

Blog Entries
    Dude, I always get checked out by older girls/mums, im not complaining but I look so old. I cant imagine what ill look like at 40

DMCat is offline New Member
    Do a Google search on hypopituitarism. There is a ton of information out there. You can never appreciate the real value of growth hormone until you live without it.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar1990
    Dude, I always get checked out by older girls/mums, im not complaining but I look so old. I cant imagine what ill look like at 40
    This is ridiculous. At 21 years of age? Seriously? If you honestly feel you are GHD, go see an endocrinologist and have your GH levels tested in a blood assay.

Blog Entries
    Im 22 years old but can easily pass as 28-30. If I put on a collar shirt and let my beard grow my girl says I look to old and she doesn't like it.. WTF?

If I was low on GROWTH HORMONE or (GHD) wouldn't I have low-t? and other associated symptoms..

I know I don't have low Total testosterone , FSH or LH...

Blog Entries
    Hypopituitarism is also a rare complication after pregnancy, a condition called Sheehan's syndrome.

Symptoms
    Abdominal pain
    Decreased appetite
    Decreased sexual interest (in men)
    Failure to release milk (in women)
    Fatigue
    Headache
    Infertility (in women)
    Lack of sex drive (in women)
    Loss of armpit or pubic hair
    Loss of body or facial hair (in men)
    Low blood pressure
    Sensitivity to cold
    Short height (less than 5 feet) if onset is during a growth period
    Slowed growth and sexual development (in children)
    Stopping of menstrual periods (in women)
    Vision problems
    Weakness
    Weight loss

The only symptom I have here is probably abdominal pain... (thats about it)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dude, I have known guys who were 18 that could pass for 25+ It's common and for older women (cougars) checking you out they check out every 20 something guy because just as older guys like younger girls older women like younger guys. It's just facts of life. Blame your looks/genetics on your parents.

VERY doubtful you are low on HGH unless you are under 5ft and then it's to late to do anything about it and should have been looked into when you were 12. Your growth plates are fuzed by now or at least they will be in the next year or so.

If you really think there is something wrong talk to your doctor and see an endo. If you want to feel better start eating better and working out or doing cardio. The more you do the better you feel in the long run.

Thread Information