kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member

Question would insulin benefit me?

stats
    6 ft
    211 lbs (96 kg)
    BF 18%
    2.5 years serious lifting ( another 7 years before that not so serious )

ok so im a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed when i was 13, if that matters. i think i would benefit ( gaining muscle/loosing fat ) from using slin, what do you guys think??

additional info:
    my last BW ( about 2 months ago ) came back as my control was 7.9 and my fasted blood sugar level was 10.5 on the day. i wasn't taking my medication at this time.
    so doc wrote me out another script for metformin tabs, 500mg 2x a day. been taking my meds most days since then, sometimes i forget..

GluteStriations is offline New Member
    Your diet has to be absolutely perfect. One miscalculation with slin or diet can kill you. Seeing as how you forget to take your medication sometimes, I would not recommend slin for you. It's not to be taken lightly.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    my last BW ( about 2 months ago ) came back as my control was 7.9 and my fasted blood sugar level was 10.5 on the day. i wasn't taking my medication at this time.
    so doc wrote me out another script for metformin tabs, 500mg 2x a day. been taking my meds most days since then, sometimes i forget..
    control 7.9 and fasted BG 10.5...what was the range for each of these numbers? I honestly don't think slin is for you as your bf is high and more than likely you would gain even more bf.

idk what the range is, but doc said that she wants to see it under 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    control 7.9 and fasted BG 10.5...what was the range for each of these numbers? I honestly don't think slin is for you as your bf is high and more than likely you would gain even more bf.
    so you think once i get my BF down it would be ok?? also IF i was going to use slin i would be checking my blood glucose levels regularly of course..

Why ask for opinions if you're going to ignore those whose opinions aren't what you were hoping to get?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    idk what the range is, but doc said that she wants to see it under 7.0
    Well if you drop some bodyfat and learn to ingest low GI carbs as well as timing your carb intake then this number will more than likely go down. Lets not talk about using slin until you get to this point.

bobtail is offline Associate Member
    My wife is a type 2 diabetic so I've been down this road. First, Metformin is not insulin . It is a compound that makes your tissue more sensitive to insulin. That is what type 2 diabetes is: you are insulin insensitive. Metformin can be used as a PE but mostly as a glucose disposal agent for getting into ketosis quickly on a low carb diet. I have used it that way before. It may be helpful to take with your post workout carb/pro shake to increase uptake. I have never tested this myself. However, prolonged use of Metformin generally leads to a bad case of the shits so be aware of that.
    Now let's talk about insulin as a PED. Contrary to myth, it's not that dangerous, especially in your case. I shoot my wife with up to 18 units at a time with no ill effects and her A1C is much lower than yours. It's all about the timing. The best time to use slin is post workout in MHO. The general rule is 1 unit of slin for 10g of carbs. I usually take 5 units post workout with a 50g carb shake. Works like a charm!
    However, slin will make you fat. Perhaps there are folks on here that are anal enough about their diet to not get fat on it but I'm not one of those. Slin is not for leaning out. Let me repeat, slin is not for cutting. You will gain some fat.
    The general thinking on type 2 treatment these days is to go directly to insulin and to skip the Metformin/Glyburide route. My wife has been much more stable since switching to insulin. I'm not a doctor but you might want to do some research and talk to your doc. Plus there are different types of insulin and that has to be factored in as well. The bottom line is that if I were you, I would talk to my doc about getting your BGL under control first. Next, if he puts you on insulin, get stable and make sure you understand it's effects. Then come back here and we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Well if you drop some bodyfat and learn to ingest low GI carbs as well as timing your carb intake then this number will more than likely go down. Lets not talk about using slin until you get to this point.
    agreed, im cutting atm, and i think i am eating low GI carbs ( oats, brown rice, etc..??), i got a thread going in the nutrition forum if you want to check it out:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.UJHW42_Mjwk

Quote Originally Posted by bobtail View Post
    My wife is a type 2 diabetic so I've been down this road. First, Metformin is not insulin . It is a compound that makes your tissue more sensitive to insulin. That is what type 2 diabetes is: you are insulin insensitive. Metformin can be used as a PE but mostly as a glucose disposal agent for getting into ketosis quickly on a low carb diet. I have used it that way before. It may be helpful to take with your post workout carb/pro shake to increase uptake. I have never tested this myself. However, prolonged use of Metformin generally leads to a bad case of the shits so be aware of that.
    Now let's talk about insulin as a PED. Contrary to myth, it's not that dangerous, especially in your case. I shoot my wife with up to 18 units at a time with no ill effects and her A1C is much lower than yours. It's all about the timing. The best time to use slin is post workout in MHO. The general rule is 1 unit of slin for 10g of carbs. I usually take 5 units post workout with a 50g carb shake. Works like a charm!
    However, slin will make you fat. Perhaps there are folks on here that are anal enough about their diet to not get fat on it but I'm not one of those. Slin is not for leaning out. Let me repeat, slin is not for cutting. You will gain some fat.
    The general thinking on type 2 treatment these days is to go directly to insulin and to skip the Metformin/Glyburide route. My wife has been much more stable since switching to insulin. I'm not a doctor but you might want to do some research and talk to your doc. Plus there are different types of insulin and that has to be factored in as well. The bottom line is that if I were you, I would talk to my doc about getting your BGL under control first. Next, if he puts you on insulin, get stable and make sure you understand it's effects. Then come back here and we'll talk.
    thanks for your input, and ill try taking my metformin with my post workout shake, and see if i notice anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by GluteStriations View Post
    Why ask for opinions if you're going to ignore those whose opinions aren't what you were hoping to get?
    ??? i dont know where you got the idea from that i am ignoring anyone?? but since i think that your trying to have a go at me, i think that you have read one of the articles on here about slin and now are trying to give expert advice on it by copy/pasting (parroting). poly want a cracker?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    unless you are at the final stages of transforming your body, then i'd say the risk is too high for the benefit.

Simply an experienced user. Tried to give my input earlier but I now don't plan on preaching to the ignorant any longer. Good luck with your goals good sir.

Muscletech is offline Associate Member
    Yes it's worth it, but FIRST READ ALL YOU CAN FOUND FOR INSULIN ...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    18% bodyfat and used to be diabetic....NO do not take slin.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    18% bodyfat and used to be diabetic....NO do not take slin.
    am a diabetic, i dont think its possible to get rid of this disease once you got it...

and i dont plan on taking it, yet...

Thread Information