Thread: Insulin dose

Optima25 is offline Associate Member

Insulin dose

Hey guys,

I've got some insulin from a diabetic girl :-)

Too much of it can kill you - I know
    I am planing to take 4iu right after workout togheter with a vitamin carbohydrat and protein cocktail. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Optima25
    Hey guys,

I've got some insulin from a diabetic girl :-)

Too much of it can kill you - I know
    I am planing to take 4iu right after workout togheter with a vitamin carbohydrat and protein cocktail. Is it good?
    bump

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Optima25 View Post
    bump
    we need way more info. type of insulin (i hope it's humalog or humulin-r), how many carbs are in your shake, what type of carbs, how long you plan on running slin (should be 4 weeks maximum from what i hear), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04

we need way more info. type of insulin (i hope it's humalog or humulin-r), how many carbs are in your shake, what type of carbs, how long you plan on running slin (should be 4 weeks maximum from what i hear), etc.
    it is the short-insulin . I take about 80g of carbs and 50g of protein right after the training with 4iu of slin. That should be very very less. Many BB are taking 20iu.

Quote Originally Posted by Optima25 View Post
    it is the short-insulin. I take about 80g of carbs and 50g of protein right after the training with 4iu of slin. That should be very very less. Many BB are taking 20iu.
    how do you know it's the short insulin ? what is it called? you should wait 5 minutes after your shot before you consume that shake. and for some reason you still didn't tell me what type of carbs are in your shake. dextrose i hope.

bobtail is offline Associate Member
    As the Kaptain said, we need to know what kind of insulin it is first. I'm going to guess it's just regular insulin. Your protocol looks fine, though. I personally only use 5IU post workout with 50g carbs and it works great. You shouldn't get in trouble with only 4IU. If you want to go higher, just work up slow and know the symptoms of hypoglycemia (google it) and keep some soda pop or OJ on hand just in case. You'll get good gains even off just that small amount, BTW.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He is probably saying "it's the short insulin " because that is what the girl told him who gave it to him. Ugh, wreckless behavior with insulin

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have read one of the stickies that says you should consume at least 100 grams carbs (dextrose) minumum along with 5 to 10 grams of creatine 5 to 10 minutes after injection.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I have read one of the stickies that says you should consume at least 100 grams carbs (dextrose) minumum along with 5 to 10 grams of creatine 5 to 10 minutes after injection.
    you dont have to take creatine, but anything you consume during the time insulin is active will be significantly uptaken by your muscles. so it's a good idea to get your creatine in, BCAA's, and stuff. it just depends on how much insulin you are taking, and what your goals are. my dad is cutting right now, and he does just fine taking 25 IU's of insulin and only 20 grams of carbs and 50 grams of whey isolate. he has been bb'ing for 25 years, and has done countless cycles of every possible thing, so I'm trusting he knows what the hell he is doing, but please yall let me know if i should urge him to stop. do you even need that much insulin with that low of a dose of carbs?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    you dont have to take creatine, but anything you consume during the time insulin is active will be significantly uptaken by your muscles. so it's a good idea to get your creatine in, BCAA's, and stuff. it just depends on how much insulin you are taking, and what your goals are. my dad is cutting right now, and he does just fine taking 25 IU's of insulin and only 20 grams of carbs and 50 grams of whey isolate. he has been bb'ing for 25 years, and has done countless cycles of every possible thing, so I'm trusting he knows what the hell he is doing, but please yall let me know if i should urge him to stop. do you even need that much insulin with that low of a dose of carbs?
    With all due respect to your father as he certainly has a ton more experience BB than I do. I have uses slin numerous times and I am also probably at least as old as your dad. All I can tell you that taking 25iu's of slin with that food intake would send me right into hypoglycemic shock. However everyone is different, if he is doing this my worry would be that he has some problems with his system, do you know his blood glucose numbers both casual and am fasted? I would suspect that they may be way out of wack in which case he is probably only making the problem worse by continued use of slin.

Again I mean no disrepect to your father at all as I am sure his general knowlege of bodybuilding is far greater than mine, however I have the advantage of looking in from outside the box, so I may be seeing something that he would rather not.

Best wishes,

FFM

To the OP, although your general plan sounds cautious, I would suggest you do more reading before starting on slin. Its one of the few things that one mistake can kill you.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    With all due respect to your father as he certainly has a ton more experience BB than I do. I have uses slin numerous times and I am also probably at least as old as your dad. All I can tell you that taking 25iu's of slin with that food intake would send me right into hypoglycemic shock. However everyone is different, if he is doing this my worry would be that he has some problems with his system, do you know his blood glucose numbers both casual and am fasted? I would suspect that they may be way out of wack in which case he is probably only making the problem worse by continued use of slin.

Again I mean no disrepect to your father at all as I am sure his general knowlege of bodybuilding is far greater than mine, however I have the advantage of looking in from outside the box, so I may be seeing something that he would rather not.

Best wishes,

FFM

To the OP, although your general plan sounds cautious, I would suggest you do more reading before starting on slin. Its one of the few things that one mistake can kill you.
    i agree with you.
    I dont require or take 25iu of slin at a single time and i am diabetic
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information