bjjwrestler is offline New Member

IGF LR3 for Post Surgery recovery

edit
    Last edited by bjjwrestler; 01-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.

I heard of prolotherepy where HGH or other compounds are injected directly into the injury site. I've read it's the wonder treatment by some and it's poo poo by others. Never done it myself. I've been on HGH and I can tell that HGH helps healing.

I was told by my orthopedist that prolo therapy consists of injecting a dextrose solution into the injured area which will cause swelling and hopefully induce some healing.

Prp injections sound closer to what your saying. Protein rich platelet injections involve taking your blood, spinning it down and injecting the platelets and nutrients containing growth factors and healing elements into the injury area (usually a tendon). The do between 30-40 small injections w an 18g needle straight in to the tendon for each dose.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootseven View Post
    I was told by my orthopedist that prolo therapy consists of injecting a dextrose solution into the injured area which will cause swelling and hopefully induce some healing.

Prp injections sound closer to what your saying. Protein rich platelet injections involve taking your blood, spinning it down and injecting the platelets and nutrients containing growth factors and healing elements into the injury area (usually a tendon). The do between 30-40 small injections w an 18g needle straight in to the tendon for each dose.
    the injury sounds more pleasant than the treatment

Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    the injury sounds more pleasant than the treatment
    yeah my options were to try two of those procedures and if it didnt work then do surgery, it would have been 4-5 months before i knew if it worked or not. If it didnt i would have to do surgery anyway. I said fck it lets just do the surgery.

Thread Information