BBJT200 is offline Senior Member

Unless you are diabetic, what is the point of using insulin??

As a normal response to gluclose in the bloodstream, insulin is produced to shuttle it into cells.
    If you use insulin, what's the benefit?...It doesn't make any sense to me that it would do more than what your body would naturally produce.

Can someone help me out here?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It allows you to eat more carbs than you could naturally handle, and shuttles them into your cells without an unhealthy rise in blood glucose levels while your pancreas struggles to keep up. It is also needed when using large doses of GH, as it increases insulin resistance.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    in other words...

...it's extremely anabolic .

but it also carries the risk of death, decreases insulin sensitivity, and is just a real nasty situation to be in if you accidently pin too much

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    in other words...

...it's extremely anabolic .

but it also carries the risk of death, decreases insulin sensitivity, and is just a real nasty situation to be in if you accidently pin too much
    Slin and oral tren are pretty much the only compounds I'm afraid of...........

AlinSR is offline new member
    Slin is very safe if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It allows you to eat more carbs than you could naturally handle, and shuttles them into your cells without an unhealthy rise in blood glucose levels while your pancreas struggles to keep up. It is also needed when using large doses of GH, as it increases insulin resistance.
    Interesting. So for example, if someone were to binge on an entire bag of candy post workout along with their pwo shake, etc. pinning slin would increase the amount of that candy that was actually used for muscle growth?

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    The basic advantage of pinning slin is: You would have to eat many many MANY carbs to force your body to produce levels like 10IUs of slin. And with so many carbs you would get really fat in the end. BUT if you pin synthetic slin you would cover glucose requirements with like 6-8g/IU of slin in general... Depends on individual. And this is WAY LESS than would your body need to produce such slin levels. And the slin will force all nutrients into the muscle cells so amino acids, creatine etc... That is the point.

ok. so then outside of pwo slin, its just gonna make you fat right?
    since slin shuttles nutrients to all cells, not just muscle cells.

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    Well in general yes... Mornings are good too because carbs are depleted after night when body did not get any nutrients for several hours.. but that is it I think. It depends on many things...

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    On top of the shuttling effect, insulin also increases igf-1 obviously

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJT200 View Post
    As a normal response to gluclose in the bloodstream, insulin is produced to shuttle it into cells.
    If you use insulin, what's the benefit?...It doesn't make any sense to me that it would do more than what your body would naturally produce.

Can someone help me out here?
    Put it this way...IGF-1 (Insulin Like Growth Factor) which is the outcome of Gh promotes GROWTH...

Insulin promotes GROWTH...By pushing nutrients into the cells...

But I don't really think it's needed until one is LEAN and blown up on aas and gh....

If someone can't get to 220 6% on aas and gh, I personally think NO NEED...

AND...When on LEGIT gh you fasting blood sugar can get HIGH...

Which makes gh and insulin go together like peanut butter and jelly..........

Saying something isn't needed until you reach a certain set of stats is the stupidest argument I have ever come across.
    Why would you neglect an amazing and cheap tool in order to reach your own personal goals, whatever they may be?
    I can't afford GH. I can buy enough slin to last me ages for what it would cost to run gh for like five days.

Not everyone wants to be 220lbs at 6%. I'll be happy with 190-200@ 8-10%.
    I'm going to use all of the tools that are at my disposal in order to reach that goal as soon as possible, while leading the most normal life possible.
    Like a competing bodybuilder, I need to look good 'on stage' when I work films. No point in ignoring a great tool if I have access to it.

Saying something isn't needed until you reach a certain set of stats is the stupidest argument I have ever come across.
    Why would you neglect an amazing and cheap tool in order to reach your own personal goals, whatever they may be?
    I can't afford GH. I can buy enough slin to last me ages for what it would cost to run gh for like five days.

Not everyone wants to be 220lbs at 6%. I'll be happy with 190-200@ 8-10%.
    I'm going to use all of the tools that are at my disposal in order to reach that goal as soon as possible, while leading the most normal life possible.
    Like a competing bodybuilder, I need to look good 'on stage' when I work films. No point in ignoring a great tool if I have access to it.
    Why?

Because you can die.....

AND...It DOES NOT work as well when on gh...

AND...Like I said, ANYONE should be able or at least somewhat CLOSE to 220 LEAN on gh and aas alone....

AND...Most people that can't do that tend to not understand their body as well OR when they should start slamming insulin all day...

OR....The fact that someone who is NOT diabetic still is PRODUCING their own insulin which can make it more tricky to understand how your body responds...And not die..........

MAYBE...THAT is why

AND....the fact that someone who is 230 25% bodyfat shouldn't load up on a boat load of hormones....

Or is that the stupidest argument as well?? MAYBE they should REACH A CERTAIN SET OF STATS???

You can die if you don't take the necessary baby steps to learn how your body responds to it.
    You can die if you **** up your nutrition and don't keep glucose tabs or something of the sort on hand.
    You can die driving to work in the morning. Why go to work?

The argument is that if you have a goal, and a particular tool will help you achieve that goal, why not use it if you educate yourself and use it safely?
    If you're 230 25% body fat, insulin is not going to help you reach your goals unless your goal is to become as big as humanly possible, fat or not.

What you fail to recognize is that not everyone is going for the same goals as you.
    If you have a goal and are willing to use drugs to achieve them, it is dumb to exclude certain drugs because you aren't 'ready' yet.
    If you say that someone who can't reach that goal with out it doesnt understand their body, that is not necessarily true.
    I understand my body quite well, and am headed towards getting a medical degree.

The sooner I have the physique I am aiming for, the sooner I can make more money at my current job.
    So, by using my intelligence, I am enhancing the effect of my hard work and getting to my goal sooner.

Open up your mind a little bit and stop being such a snob.

You can die if you don't take the necessary baby steps to learn how your body responds to it.
    You can die if you **** up your nutrition and don't keep glucose tabs or something of the sort on hand.
    You can die driving to work in the morning. Why go to work?

The argument is that if you have a goal, and a particular tool will help you achieve that goal, why not use it if you educate yourself and use it safely?
    If you're 230 25% body fat, insulin is not going to help you reach your goals unless your goal is to become as big as humanly possible, fat or not.

What you fail to recognize is that not everyone is going for the same goals as you.
    If you have a goal and are willing to use drugs to achieve them, it is dumb to exclude certain drugs because you aren't 'ready' yet.
    If you say that someone who can't reach that goal with out it doesnt understand their body, that is not necessarily true.
    I understand my body quite well, and am headed towards getting a medical degree.

The sooner I have the physique I am aiming for, the sooner I can make more money at my current job.
    So, by using my intelligence, I am enhancing the effect of my hard work and getting to my goal sooner.

Open up your mind a little bit and stop being such a snob.
    Yes, a snob trying to help people not DIE or injure themselves....Or make them look like slobs

You can die when you drive to work in the morning based off of statistical facts and random occurrence.....But SLAMMING 40 iu's of insulin IS NOT a RANDOM OCCURRENCE OR RANDOM EVENT.....IT IS A CHOICE....When you decide to start taking insulin it is COMPLETELY up to the person to know how to use it EXACTLY...

It's called someone who doesn't know what they are doing....Complete difference...

And I was using my 230 25% as an EXAMPLE to your statement, "Saying something isn't needed until you reach a certain set of stats is the stupidest argument I have ever come across."

OBVIOUSLY, that is wrong, which I used as an example....230 25% bodyfat should NEVER use steroids or hormones.....which goes COMPLETELY against what you stated.....

There IS a RIGHT TIME for EVERYTHING
    Last edited by calstate23; 03-23-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Yes, a snob trying to help people not DIE or injure themselves....Or make them look like slobs

You can die when you drive to work in the morning based off of statistical facts and random occurrence.....But SLAMMING 40 iu's of insulin IS NOT a RANDOM OCCURRENCE OR RANDOM EVENT.....IT IS A CHOICE....When you decide to start taking insulin it is COMPLETELY up to the person to know how to use it EXACTLY...

It's called someone who doesn't know what they are doing....Complete difference...

And I was using my 230 25% as an EXAMPLE to your statement, "Saying something isn't needed until you reach a certain set of stats is the stupidest argument I have ever come across."

OBVIOUSLY, that is wrong, which I used as an example....230 25% bodyfat should NEVER use steroids or hormones.....which goes COMPLETELY against what you stated.....
    Thank you for the little bit of good advice you offered.
    I'm not going to spend the rest of my night arguing with someone who is going to exaggerate over extremes like that.
    Who said anything about slamming 40 iu's of insulin? Most recommend 5-10 iu's a day to start out with, twice a day at most
    Insulin is something you have to learn by feel and through blood-glucose monitoring. Start low, work your way up as you learn and feel more comfortable with higher doses.

If I had said yeah i plan on using ridiculous amounts of insulin(as a beginner) to reach my goals why not!?!?!?!? i would understand your response. I don't have a clue where the hell you are coming from.

'Yes, a snob trying to help people not DIE or injure themselves....Or make them look like slobs '
    No, you're a snob for implying that you have to be of a certain level of accomplishment to be justified in using a certain compound.

Thank you for the little bit of good advice you offered.
    I'm not going to spend the rest of my night arguing with someone who is going to exaggerate over extremes like that.
    Who said anything about slamming 40 iu's of insulin ? Most recommend 5-10 iu's a day to start out with, twice a day at most
    Insulin is something you have to learn by feel and through blood-glucose monitoring. Start low, work your way up as you learn and feel more comfortable with higher doses.

If I had said yeah i plan on using ridiculous amounts of insulin(as a beginner) to reach my goals why not!?!?!?!? i would understand your response. I don't have a clue where the hell you are coming from.

'Yes, a snob trying to help people not DIE or injure themselves....Or make them look like slobs '
    No, you're a snob for implying that you have to be of a certain level of accomplishment to be justified in using a certain compound.
    Well get your LANTUS out and your blood glucose meter cause you'll be needin it on a daily basis when you're a diabetic...

LEGIT gh is what stop the NON diabetic from BECOMING DIABETIC when using insulin....So run your slin over a few years...See how it treats you

Care to elaborate on how Gh stops a non diabetic from becoming diabetic while using insulin ?
    Also, no one said anything about long term usage. It shouldn't take me more than 6 months to get to where I want to be, and using slin for 30 days on 45 days off should be no big deal.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Blood glucose levels are being implicated in more and more disease lately (just look how high blood glucose in the form of diabetes causes damage to every body system). There is a whole set of non diabetic people that use fast acting insulin when eating to keep blood glucose low in attempt to minimise aging and general damage to the body, but these people are using 1-3 ius per meal, for example.

It doesn't make sense in case of insulin resistance (what GH causes) that adding more insulin should increase the sensitivity of the receptors (like glucophage and metformin do), but that is the experience of a couple of friends I have who use insulin this way. And they, like BBJT is suggesting, do a lot of experimenting with a glucose meter and small doses at different times of days with different macro content meals to work out how they respond (and literally, we all respond differently).

littlemansyndrome is offline New Member
    why does no one talk about positives, like results with insulin . Its a fact that it works, if you haven't taken it yourself what gives you the right to criticize it?
    Pro bodybuilders and athletes wouldn't use it if it wasn't proven to be effective.

Thread Information