Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spartans09
  • 1 Post By Fit N Fun

Thread: HGH Test Strips

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member

HGH Test Strips

I came across a few sites that claim to sell HGH Test Strips. I am very skeptical as to the legitimacy of such a product a such claims. However, as there are many people here who know more about this stuff than I do, I was wondering if anyone had any additional info, comments, or ideas regarding this product and the claims about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teststrips.jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	139000

Here is a cut and paste of the info that is posted on one site (I didn't include the link as the site sells AAS as well. Also, there are clearly many typos which I left as is.):

Origin China

Product Description
    hgh test strips
    with this test strips, you can test hgh products easily!

Product Feature
    accurate

Product Specification/Models
    quality confirmed

Application
    test hgh

Payment
    t/t

Origin
    China

Samples
    Free

Type: Visual Acuity Examination Apparatus Place of Origin: Anhui China (Mainland)

Specifications

Our product can identify all the hgh products:hgh raw material, finished hgh products.

OneStep HGH test strip for the rapid determination of human growth hormone (HGH). The test strip is used to obtain a visual qualitative result.

OneStep HGH Test is a qualitative, sandwich dye conjugate immunoassay for the determination of human HGH,The method employs a unique combination of monoclonal a antibodies to selectively identify HGH in test samples with a high degree of sensitivity. In less than 5 minutes, levels of hgh must abtain 0.1mg/mL can be detected.

PRINCIPLE
    As the test sample diffuses through the absorbent test strip, the labeled antibody-dye conjugate binds to the HGH in the specimen forming an antibody-antigen complex. This complex binds to the anti HGH antibody in the positive reaction zone and produces a pink-rose color band when hCG concentration is greater than 0.1mg/ml. In the absence of HGH , there is no line in the positive reaction zone. The reaction mixture continues flowing through the absorbent device past the positive reaction zone and negative zone. Unbound conjugate binds to the reagents in the negative control zone, producing a pink-rose color band, demonstrating that the reagents and test strip are functioning correctly.

REAGENTS
    OneStep HGH Test Strip: Test strip contains monoclonal antibody coated membrane and a pad contains mouse monoclonal IgG (antibody) dye conjugate in protein matrix with 0.1% sodium azide.

MATERIALS SUPPLIED
    Test strip: The test strip contains polyclonal anti Hgh coated membrane and a pad contains the monoclonal antibody (anti-HGH) dye conjugate in protein matrix with a 0.1% sodium azide.

STORAGE AND STABILITY
    OneStep test strip can be stored at room temperature (below 25°C) and stable until expiration date on the label. Do not store the test strip at hot room temperature (30 - 45°C) for a long period of time.

PRECAUTIONS
    1. For In Vitro diagnostic use only.
    2. Warning: the reagents in this kit contain sodium azide which may react with lead or copper plumbing to form potentially explosive metal azides. When disposing of such reagents, always flush with large volumes of water to prevent azide build-up.

ASSAY PROCEDURE
    1.dissolve the sample in 1ml water when the sample is dry powder ,and the liquid is not need
    2. Remove the test strip from its foil wrapper by tearing along the "splice".
    2. Place the test strip into the tube or container containing the soluble sample(The liquid level should not be higher than the "max level" indicated on the strip.). The strip must be placed in the tube or container so that the words "dip" and "read" are in an upright position.
    4. Read results after 5 minutes.

INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
    1.In 5 minutes, a color band will appear closest to the top indicating that the test is complete.(single color band).
    2. The closest band to the bottom shows the test results. If there is any color band close to the bottom (two color bands), the HGH is existed and not less than 0.1mg/ml. If there is no color band, or single colorband to the top,the HGH is not existed or less than 0.1mg/ml.

QUALITY CONTROL Each test strip has its own built-in quality control indicator. If after performing the test and no line is visible on test strip, you may have placed the strip into the tube or container incorrectly or the test strip may have deteriorated. Repeat the assay using a new strip.

PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS Specificity of the OneStep Strip was determined from cross reaction studies with known amounts of Luteinizing Hormone (hLH), Follicle Stimulating Hormone (hFSH), and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (hTSH), 500 mlU/ml hLH, 1000 mIU/ml hFSH and 1000 mlU/ml hTSH. All gave negative results.

Although the test claims to be qualitative, because there is a minimum concentration needed to give a positive result one can use various dilutions to determine the approximate concentration of their product.

Nothing? Someone must have some knowledge of this?

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Would'nt that be awesome. It sounds too good to be true. The first problem I see is it's made in China. Maybe they'll throw in a kit of blue tops filled with albumin.
    Sgt. Hartman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Would'nt that be awesome. It sounds too good to be true. The first problem I see is it's made in China.
    Agreed on all points

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    never heard about it before
    but from the description it seems legit
    even if its not, its probably cheap so i dont know why would they make fake ones. if its true which i believe it is. that is brilliant...
    im not sure about Quality of the result thou
    it says it will show POSITIVE if its more than 0.1mg/ml... not sure if thats really low or high.. i would assume its low
    so if vial has 1% real HGH then it will show positive ?

Hey Granovich!

I agree that I think it's possible as is similar to a hcg pregnancy test. As far as determining the concentration of your hgh you can keep diluting your hgh and see when it stops turning positive and then extrapolate how many actual units per vial.

Fit N Fun is offline Associate Member
    I have HGH that has been Mass Spectrometer tested at a University Lab, so is known to be the real deal.

If you pm me a product name, I can run a test and tell you what the result is.
    Granovich likes this.

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Yah that makes sense
    Dilute it and see when its not positive anymore
    I thinks its worth a try!

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    1mg HGH is ~3IU, so if this can show positive 0.1mg/ml, you would have to have less concentrated solution than 0.3IU in 1ml... So it sounds quite sensitive...

But typically you're supposed to have 10iu in 1ml as most ppl reconstitute their hgh so the test is too sensitive. That's why you'd have to dilute your sample to figure the actual concentration

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    10IU/ml means 3.3mg/ml...So to actually achieve concentration when these strips wont detect anything, you would have to dilute it with another 32ml to gain concentration 0.1mg/ml.. I don't know who would do this Would be weird to shoot 15.5ml to get 5IU

Only dilute a small part of it not the whole thing.

Thread Information