mkt
    mkt is offline Female Member

HGH and Insurance

I posted a while back if anyone had ever heard of becoming very sick or developing an inflammatory disorder BECAUSE of HGH. However i think I know now what happened. I have probably had a bit of an autoimmune probably for some time, I had RA like syptoms after a knee surgery, was low on thyroid the first tie i saw a hormone doc who put me on HGH. I think the HGH addressed the inflammation problem sufficiently that I remained symptom free.

I went off in Feb/March and by March/April i thought I had a brain tumor... which turned out to be a sinus infection, which required even more antibiotics and NSAID which cause leaky gut which may have already caused the allergies that caused the sinus infection....

Anyhow, now I'm on a very restrictive gut repairing diet (cross fingers) because i can barely eat ANYTHING without reacting and become insanely inflamed.

So, let's say this diet doesn't fix me and I now just happen to have this inflammation/autoimmune disorder. I suspect that HGH would again prove helpful in reducing the inflammation overall but can I get this covered by my insurance? I understand it is covered from many autoimmune disorders such as Lupus and I wonder if anyone knows which insurance companies are more likely to cover it - and which ones might cover anything from a compounding pharmacy while we're at it.

Thanks!

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Insurance companies fight tooth and nail to avoid covering GH treatment even for kids who need it, which is actually a medically approved use of GH. They manage to not cover it for adults who have growth hormone deficiency. In my opinion, trying to get them to approve it for anything else because there is a suspicion it might work is **extremely** unlikely to work. If it were me, I would not even waste my time making this type of argument to an insurance company.

I also don't know of any research that shows GH reduces inflammation (but maybe it's out there).

I'm just curious. How did you come to the conclusion that HGH reduced your inflammation? This is a new benefit of HGH that I've not really heard of before. Was your conclusion based on empirical testing or was there a paper you read?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkt View Post
    I posted a while back if anyone had ever heard of becoming very sick or developing an inflammatory disorder BECAUSE of HGH. However i think I know now what happened. I have probably had a bit of an autoimmune probably for some time, I had RA like syptoms after a knee surgery, was low on thyroid the first tie i saw a hormone doc who put me on HGH. I think the HGH addressed the inflammation problem sufficiently that I remained symptom free.

I went off in Feb/March and by March/April i thought I had a brain tumor... which turned out to be a sinus infection, which required even more antibiotics and NSAID which cause leaky gut which may have already caused the allergies that caused the sinus infection....

Anyhow, now I'm on a very restrictive gut repairing diet (cross fingers) because i can barely eat ANYTHING without reacting and become insanely inflamed.

So, let's say this diet doesn't fix me and I now just happen to have this inflammation/autoimmune disorder. I suspect that HGH would again prove helpful in reducing the inflammation overall but can I get this covered by my insurance? I understand it is covered from many autoimmune disorders such as Lupus and I wonder if anyone knows which insurance companies are more likely to cover it - and which ones might cover anything from a compounding pharmacy while we're at it.

Thanks!
    From the folks that I know,,,its very hard to get insurance to pay for HGH unless you have some type of wasting disease or child with growth problems (still tough even then) No reason you couldn't try,,,good luck.

max738 is offline Junior Member
    good luck with insurance most will cover it for some conditions but it has to be preauthorized meaning your doctor
    better have a good diagnosis that the carrier has down to authorize it, I read Dr. Klatz's book grow young with HGH
    about 15 years ago as well as many journal articles on the subject and don't remember reading anything about
    inflammation, but I could be wrong I would call carriers and ask what conditions are covered concening HGH

Thread Information