Magnum II is offline Associate Member

Mod GRF and GHRP-2 / Water Retention

Just completed three weeks of Mod GRF and GHRP-2-- 100mcg each sub q, 3 times ED.
    I've gained 5lbs. in water weight during that short time...NOT HAPPY

Based on the reading I've done, I suspect the GHRP-2 as the cause of the water but, I'm not sure. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with these peptides. I plan to try replacing the GHRP-2 with Ipamorelin soon, hoping that will solve the problem.

I'm interested in any thoughts on this topic.

Other effects so far:

Insomnia
    Some subtle indication of BF reduction

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    These peptides should aid in sleep not disrupt. Also alot of factors have an impact on how much water retention people gain while using Ghrp, gh and ghrh, diet is number 1.

GHRP-2 is known to elevate Cortisol levels which, in the case of someone who has a history of struggling with insomnia, can cause additional problems with sleep. I am waiting for results of a saliva test to look at Cortisol, among other things. I'm expecting to see elevated numbers.

Regarding diet, I agree. Carbs need to be watched carefully. My diet is well controlled but, my pre-peptide macros allowed for 30% carbs with good results. I may need to reduce carbohydrates while running peptides.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum II View Post
    GHRP-2 is known to elevate Cortisol levels which, in the case of someone who has a history of struggling with insomnia, can cause additional problems with sleep. I am waiting for results of a saliva test to look at Cortisol, among other things. I'm expecting to see elevated numbers.

Regarding diet, I agree. Carbs need to be watched carefully. My diet is well controlled but, my pre-peptide macros allowed for 30% carbs with good results. I may need to reduce carbohydrates while running peptides.
    Yh would be best switching ghrp-2 with Ipamorelin especially if you've got cortisol issues or had them, whats your water consumption? And are you on anything else like AAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    Yh would be best switching ghrp-2 with Ipamorelin especially if you've got cortisol issues or had them, whats your water consumption? And are you on anything else like AAS?
    Agreed, I'm planning the switch to Ipamorelin shortly. I'm hoping the bedtime pin will allow me to go directly into sleep, taking advantage of the strongest GH pulse opportunity of the day...can't do that using GHRP-2.

I'm also running 500mg/wk of Test C, pinning twice per week. Using 250mcg of Adex eod.
    Targeting 128 oz/day of water. Some days only getting 64-72 oz down. Need to improve water consumption.

Have always been prone to hold water but, peptides really seem to be making matters worse. Hopeful that Ipamorelin will improve things. I've had nice results by running GH & AAS in the past but can't find a reliable source for growth these days. Hoping peptides will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum II View Post
    Agreed, I'm planning the switch to Ipamorelin shortly. I'm hoping the bedtime pin will allow me to go directly into sleep, taking advantage of the strongest GH pulse opportunity of the day...can't do that using GHRP-2.

I'm also running 500mg/wk of Test C, pinning twice per week. Using 250mcg of Adex eod.
    Targeting 128 oz/day of water. Some days only getting 64-72 oz down. Need to improve water consumption.

Have always been prone to hold water but, peptides really seem to be making matters worse. Hopeful that Ipamorelin will improve things. I've had nice results by running GH & AAS in the past but can't find a reliable source for growth these days. Hoping peptides will do the trick.
    You'd be surprised on how effective drinking more water is for water retention. I'm giving peptides a try soon because I too have the same genuine gh sorce issue.

Thread Information