Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Oneup81

Thread: Questions on Humalog

Bobik is offline New Member

Questions on Humalog

I have always used humalog only after training. Now I'm trying before and after the training.

body weight: 264lb

I do it right? thank you for your comments...

- 10am: 150g chicken + 75g rice (30g proteins + 60g carbs)
    - 11.30am: 6iu Humalog
    - 11.45am: start training and sip on a drink: the first 30mins of training - 50g cyclic dextrin + 20g hydrolysed whey + creatin + glutamin + bcaa
    - 1pm: end training
    - 1.15pm: 10iu Humalog
    - 1.20pm: 100g rice + banana + 60g whey isolate + 10g maltodextrin (100g carbs + 50g proteins)
    - 3pm: 150g chicken + 75g rice (30g proteins + 60g carbs)

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    looks fine to me. after a bit of time I think you'll find you could get by using way less carbs per IU of insulin your currently using. but that really is depending on your goals and what your trying to accomplish. you got a couple hundred grams of carbs there, yet only 16 total iu of insulin.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    looks fine to me. after a bit of time I think you'll find you could get by using way less carbs per IU of insulin your currently using. but that really is depending on your goals and what your trying to accomplish. you got a couple hundred grams of carbs there, yet only 16 total iu of insulin.
    Thank you GH,
    I am now on mass building and cruise (Test, insulin , T4, winny, HGH). I prefer high carbs, proteins and low fats. Then I increase insulin....
    You think Humulin R is better pre workout than Humalog? or it does not matter. I train about 1,5 hours. Thank you very much.

I am sorry for my English

Quote Originally Posted by Bobik View Post
    Thank you GH,
    I am now on mass building and cruise (Test, insulin , T4, winny, HGH). I prefer high carbs, proteins and low fats. Then I increase insulin....
    You think Humulin R is better pre workout than Humalog? or it does not matter. I train about 1,5 hours. Thank you very much.
    I like the protocol you are on for a cruise. great combo.. I'll just add that your going to get a little bit more out of your T4 once your insulin usage gets closer to that 25iu per day range. an easy way for you to get there, and help benefit your mass gaining goal,, is to take 10iu of insulin when you first get up in the morning and then consume whey isolate and carbs. this will block morning cortisol as well and keep you anabolic (which is what the Winny is helping with also).

I think your just fine sticking with Humalog. but if you did want to utilize R insulin, and prolong the active life of it and take in more calories, then this is a way you could do it.
    humalin R in the morning
    humalin R pre workout
    humalog post workout

I'm starting a multiple insulin use cycle here shortly using Lantus and R insulin as well as humalog myself .
    I'll look for that and paste it here just to give you an idea

my next insulin protocol ..I'm using humalog pre workout this time (I'd been using R insulin). but if I end up extended my workouts I may go back to R

Lantus insulin - 10iu before bed
    Metformin - 500mg per day with last meal of day
    MK677 - 25mg before bed

Novalin R insulin - 10iu in morning with meal 1
    HGH - 5iu with meal 1
    Mk677 - 25mg

HGH - 5iu with pre workout meal
    Humalog insulin 10iu pre workout
    Humalog insulin 15iu post workout

T4 - 125mcg per day

the HGH is 10iu per day but only on large body part training days.. and obviously no humalog on non training days, but will still be using Novalin and Lantus on days off.

thank you so much GH, now everything is clear to me about insulin

Another small question, for a cruise combo about AI. Is better Letro or Arimidex , Exemestane? or it does not matter. I now implementing Arimidex for the anti estrogenic phase. But I can implementing Letro or Exemestane. thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobik View Post
    thank you so much GH, now everything is clear to me about insulin

Another small question, for a cruise combo about AI. Is better Letro or Arimidex, Exemestane? or it does not matter. I now implementing Arimidex for the anti estrogenic phase. But I can implementing Letro or Exemestane. thanks a lot.
    for an anti estrogen phase, I like either Letro or Arimidex .
    I don't like Exemestane though, its fine for on cycle for guys that need some anti estrogen help, but its not strong enough imo for a full blown anti estrogen phase or say a contest prep phase. the good thing about Exemestane is that its not quite as strong an AI so you'll still have some estrogen (which is a good thing for a regular cycle) and being it doesn't crash E super low you don't mess up cholesterol values too bad.
    but if your trying to really dry out and do an anti estrogen phase (or a pre pct phase) then the stronger Armidex or Letro do best
    Bobik likes this.

Oneup81 is offline New Member
    my next insulin protocol ..I'm using humalog pre workout this time (I'd been using R insulin). but if I end up extended my workouts I may go back to R

Lantus insulin - 10iu before bed
    Metformin - 500mg per day with last meal of day
    MK677 - 25mg before bed

Novalin R insulin - 10iu in morning with meal 1
    HGH - 5iu with meal 1
    Mk677 - 25mg

HGH - 5iu with pre workout meal
    Humalog insulin 10iu pre workout
    Humalog insulin 15iu post workout

T4 - 125mcg per day

the HGH is 10iu per day but only on large body part training days.. and obviously no humalog on non training days, but will still be using Novalin and Lantus on days off.
    Hey Brother. It's rare that I comment or post,but I have followed along a lot of your posts about insulin, and GH cuz it's where I find somebody that knows about insulin. Is there different types of I guess you call it medium acting insulin such as Humulin R when it comes to insulin helping with appetite? Obviously that's not why I'm taking it but I figure if I can find a insulin that helps with eating at the same time it can't hurt. Well it can't hurt me anyway as I need the calories on the carbs..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneup81 View Post
    Hey Brother. It's rare that I comment or post,but I have followed along a lot of your posts about insulin, and GH cuz it's where I find somebody that knows about insulin. Is there different types of I guess you call it medium acting insulin such as Humulin R when it comes to insulin helping with appetite? Obviously that's not why I'm taking it but I figure if I can find a insulin that helps with eating at the same time it can't hurt. Well it can't hurt me anyway as I need the calories on the carbs..
    yes you can most definitely use a 'regular' acting insulin to help with appetite. something that kicks in in about 30 mins and lasts for about 2.5 hours is a good option . you'll know your timing and have plenty of time to get a couple meals in, yet its not so fast you have to rush.

5-10iu of Nolvalin R in the morning, with some protein and carbs, to start your day. not only will this boost your appetite for the next couple hours , it will also help lower cortisol (a catabolic hormone) and promote anabolism.
    you can do this again post workout with your post workout meal, and then boost your appetite for another couple hours post workout (as well as lower Cortisol that got elevated from your workout).

implement some MK677 with the above protocol and you'll have a huge appetite most all day

for an anti estrogen phase, I like either Letro or Arimidex .
    I don't like Exemestane though, its fine for on cycle for guys that need some anti estrogen help, but its not strong enough imo for a full blown anti estrogen phase or say a contest prep phase. the good thing about Exemestane is that its not quite as strong an AI so you'll still have some estrogen (which is a good thing for a regular cycle) and being it doesn't crash E super low you don't mess up cholesterol values too bad.
    but if your trying to really dry out and do an anti estrogen phase (or a pre pct phase) then the stronger Armidex or Letro do best
    Yes, I understand and agree. Thank you again, mister

Thread Information