ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Metformin and HGH

Been on 1.2mg of Genotropin for the last five months. I just got prescribed 1000mg of Metformin ER each day. I am probably just going to take 500mg a day. Does taking Metformin add to the synergy between HGH and Metformin? What added benefits do I have by taking Metformin with HGH (I am not diabetic). Would adding Humalog to pre-workout over do it in addition to taking Metformin?

Thanks!

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Metformin is mainly going to work to help you stay insulin sensitive and lower overall blood sugar levels (mainly hepatic blood sugar). the reason this is a good thing while taking HGH , is that HGH has a tendency to cause insulin resistance and elevated blood sugars.
    so your taking actions to mitigate these 'negative' effects by taking Metformin.

yes you can take both insulin and Metformin. they work through totally different mechanisms.
    I personally dose my Metformin at the last meal of the day before bed. I take my HGH in the morning. I take insulin multiple times per day.

note: I'd start with only 500mg though. just to make sure your stomach can handle it, as when you first go on it can cause some gastric distress in some guys

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks GH!

So take Metaformin right before bed then? But it won't have any synergistic anabolic effects or interactions with the HGH then correct? Only fast acting insulin has that then? I remember you mentioning that I can take insulin and HGH at the same time then?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Metformin is mainly going to work to help you stay insulin sensitive and lower overall blood sugar levels (mainly hepatic blood sugar). the reason this is a good thing while taking HGH , is that HGH has a tendency to cause insulin resistance and elevated blood sugars.
    so your taking actions to mitigate these 'negative' effects by taking Metformin.

yes you can take both insulin and Metformin. they work through totally different mechanisms.
    I personally dose my Metformin at the last meal of the day before bed. I take my HGH in the morning. I take insulin multiple times per day.

note: I'd start with only 500mg though. just to make sure your stomach can handle it, as when you first go on it can cause some gastric distress in some guys

Friend of mine was scripted it and it got him good. He's out planting soybeans, I stop by to holler at him, he pulls up and jumps off the tractor and started to say something and then starts undoing his overalls while running towards the treeline. In the distance I see him squatting down, so I turn away to give the man some privacy.

In a couple of minutes he calls my cellphone and asked me to run up to his house and meet his wife, she would be waiting for me.

I get there and she laughing so hard she was crying and I thought she was upset. Finally she caught her breath and gave the skinny on the situation.

Metformin gave him shits, he runs to treeline, drops overalls and squats, and dumps his guts directly into his bib overalls. His squatting down was insufficient to get past the folds of his overalls.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information