• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe

Thread: how NOT to get fat using insulin

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

how NOT to get fat using insulin

A lot of guys dabble with insulin use and they end up putting on fat and then come to the conclusion that insulin makes you fat.

well if I put a gun to your head every couple of hours and told you you had to eat this "Twinkie, candy bar, or bagel and chug this gallon of gatorade or OJ". you'd probably get fat too.

^ this is what a lot of guys end up doing to themselves when they start using insulin for the first time. these are the guys that were hesitant to start insulin to begin with and they are a bit scared of it to be honest.
    their fear makes them over cautious and they over react. their fear is like the gun to to the head and eat the candy bar scenario above, only the gun here is the insulin. they think the insulin is going to kill them (cause them to go hypo and die) unless they force themselves to over eat carbs and sugar.

this is not how it should be . your insulin use protocol should make use of your already perfectly laid out diet. the insulin use does NOT change your diet one bit or cause you to eat more food. the insulin is there to help utilize your nutrition, not the other way around. you shouldn't be feeding your insulin use, you should be using insulin to feed your nutrition.

example - say your current goal has you on 250g of protein per day, 300g carbs and 100g fats. your protein is lean steak and chicken, carbs are potato and rice, fats almond butter and avacodo. thats it.
    NOW comes in the super scary insulin thats packing a 9mm. you begin a very basic protocol of say 20iu per day. but your over reactive and afraid of going hypo every frikin minute your taking the slin and you end up pounding bowls of cereal, candy bars, gummy bears, bagels, and a gallon of fruit juice.
    all the sudden your 1000 cals of crap food over your original diet in one sitting

no wonder you get fat when you use slin !

if your diet would normally of called for 6oz of chicken and one potato after your workout, then thats what you eat. period, no matter if you took slin or not.
    the slin is just there to help you utilize and partition your existing diet.. not give you an excuse to eat your diet plus a bunch of crap on top of it

stop being afraid of going hypo and dying from a tiny little 10iu shot of slin. your going to be just fine with just the damn potato !! you don't need to add the bowl of cereal and the bagel on top of it.
    taking slin isn't an excuse to feed your sugar addiction.

^ this is why ''insulin'' made you fat. it wasn't the insulin, it was your behavior while on the insulin protocol.
    your constant fear of going hypo caused you to over eat junk food and then you began relying on that junk food every time you pinned your insulin
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Obs, PrimoCyp25, JaneDoe and 1 others like this.

Ronnie Coleman used insulin .
    you see much fat here ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main-qimg-64beb07d50378808ff2ba9d3ccdcf506-c.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	175028

no because he stuck to his diet, insulin use wasn't an excuse not to
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-25-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Obs likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

how NOT to get fat using insulin

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Ronnie Coleman used insulin .
    you see much fat here ?
    to
    Yes, there is fat between the striations in his glutes. LOL
    Good write up... as usual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charger69; 11-25-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Bobik is offline New Member
    yes I agree. My experience with insulin on cruise - fat goes down and I hold my muscles.
    My cruise is now daily 30iu insulin, 150mcg t4, HGH 4iu, Albuterol 16mg and 200mg TST weekly.

Thank you, GearHeaded, for previous information about insulin. More iu slin is better for me and my fat goes down, not up. But my food is clean and strict macros.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I think you'd have made the point more clear if the insulin was packing a 10mm or 45 auto. Just saying.

Ok , on a serious note, what if the slin gets you too low with your post workout meal? Add more carbs such as potato and not junk food, would be correct protocol?

Or in presence of meal the 10 units should be covered fine?
    Obs and KINGKONG like this.

I should note, that IF your goal in using insulin is to get massive then by all means then go ahead and use your food to feed your insulin use (rather then the other way around). If shooting 50-70iu a day of slin is going to make you eat all day long so you don't go hypo and you need all the calories you can get, junk or not, then that is a viable strategy to get huge.
    my original point was to those who are trying to stay super lean and use insulin and then blame the slin when they do put on fat rather then their crappy diet

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I think you'd have made the point more clear if the insulin was packing a 10mm or 45 auto. Just saying.
    50 BMG revolver may of been the best choice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	175033
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    what if the slin gets you too low with your post workout meal? Add more carbs such as potato and not junk food, would be correct protocol?

Or in presence of meal the 10 units should be covered fine?
    an average post workout meal of 50g of protein and 70g of carbs should easily clear 10iu of insulin . the problem is that most guys don't trust this process, they freak themselves out thinking they might end up going hypo, and then they start binging on sugar 'just in case'

edit - I'm guessing there are plenty of guys that pin insulin, then 30 mins later they psyche themselves out and think they are going hypo (they trick their own mind), all the while their blood sugar is probably in the 80+s
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-25-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Obs likes this.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Great advice as usual GH!!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Personally, if I we're going to jump into insulin use, and this is just me, I would eliminate the guessing game and invest in a glucometer.

Not knocking insulin use at all, just pointing out that a glucometer would be very handy. If you're going all in with supplementation, diet, and training, why not make use of a very handy tool so you KNOW what your glucose levels are.

I have one because I tend to run low glucose with tren (mid 50s to 60-ish mg/dL.

Wasn't really that expensive at all.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Personally, if I we're going to jump into insulin use, and this is just me, I would eliminate the guessing game and invest in a glucometer.

Not knocking insulin use at all, just pointing out that a glucometer would be very handy. If you're going all in with supplementation, diet, and training, why not make use of a very handy tool so you KNOW what your glucose levels are.

I have one because I tend to run low glucose with tren (mid 50s to 60-ish mg/dL.

AG- I would go even further and say it is downright silly not to have and use it. That is part of the “gear” in my opinion.

KonaGraham and almostgone like this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

I feel like a bitch when it comes to that. I'll pin w a 1" needle all day. But prick my finger? No thanks

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

yeah this is an absolute must. I recommend guys buy a glucose meter (10$ at Walmart) and start tracking their fasted and post perineal blood sugar levels weeks BEFORE even beginning an insulin protocol.
    you need to establish a baseline first.
    KonaGraham likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I feel like a bitch when it comes to that. I'll pin w a 1" needle all day. But prick my finger? No thanks
    you get used to it just like anything else. I'm so used to pricking my finger that I don't even both using the lancet any more and loading a needle in it each time. I just grab a needle and jab my finger.
    it would be nice to get something permanent that I can track at anytime with say my iPhone or something wearable
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    you get used to it just like anything else. I'm so used to pricking my finger that I don't even both using the lancet any more and loading a needle in it each time. I just grab a needle and jab my finger.
    it would be nice to get something permanent that I can track at anytime with say my iPhone or something wearable
    Some of the newer OneTouch glucometers have Droid/iPhone apps.
    Guy at work has a OneTouch Verio ( not sure on that spelling) that exports to his phone app.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lots of good information in the text.
    many are afraid of dying, so they abuse eating junk food.Great reality. Resurrecting this topic of yours GearHeaded!
    GearHeaded likes this.

yeah this is an absolute must. I recommend guys buy a glucose meter (10$ at Walmart) and start tracking their fasted and post perineal blood sugar levels weeks BEFORE even beginning an insulin protocol.
    you need to establish a baseline first.
    Even when you have a baseline, small changes in diet can have a big effect.
    I started going hypo, now I have it dialed in again.

Thread Information