Kyle1337 is offline Member

Insulin Sensitivity - When to Pull Back?

I've been increasing my Insulin dosage every 2 weeks or so and my blood sugars don't seem to be going down in the morning. They are elevated a little much for me (110) and while that's fine when I am on HGH - I have been off HGH for over 1 month. Typically they come down quick after I stop HGH, I am taking near 50IU a day now with the same diet (500g carbs) roughly.

Novalin R
    20 iu in the morning
    20 iu post workout
    10 iu pre workout

My pumps have been lacking in the gym too and I've had a few episodes of feeling cold and sweaty as well - similar to what I get when I take too much insulin - however I feel it was just the opposite and had too high blood sugar. I couldn't test these times since they were at the gym - so it's bro science at that point.

I guess my question is, do I need to pull back my usage and drop my carbs so my body can re-sensitize my insulin receptors?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    are you taking MK677 at all .. how long have you been on high carbs and insulin for your current bulk ?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    just an fyi - yes HYPERglycemia can feel just like going HYPO ,, and the feeling can last even longer then going hypo . thats cause getting blood sugar into the blood when hypo is fairly quick , but disposing of too high a blood sugars from the blood is much slower

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Add either 1000mg metformin in the evening with last meal or 500 mg twice a day (with breakfast and dinner) and see if that helps. You can lower dose and bump it up over time if you seem to have stomach issues. Make sure you measure your blood glucose for a while, as it increases your insulin sensitivity, you can go hypo with your current carb intake and slin dose.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    are you taking MK677 at all .. how long have you been on high carbs and insulin for your current bulk ?
    I am just on 12.5mg. I've been on 12.5mg for roughly 80 days then I came off for 25 days. And now back on for about 2 weeks.

My bulk has been about 4 months at this many carbs. Normally my cut is 250-300 which I had the prior 3 months.

I was on 2 iu hgh for months and slowly ramped to 3 iu for 1 month then started 4-5 but cut it out due to hand numbness. Now I'm back to bearable amount but no hgh still.

No other feedback? I dropped 100g carbs trying to reset. Going to drop another 100g next week.

Thread Information