Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Insulin with evening workouts

Huher is offline Associate Member

Insulin with evening workouts

Hello guys

I'm just playing with the idea of adding gh to my stack first time in my life, beginning with 2 ius 5/2 training days a week and maybe increase that to the maximum of 5 ius according to RedBaron's thread. I'm familiar with insulin , so I thought why not try the "magic" formula, gh and slin together.

I've used short slin pre and post workout several times up to 10 ius and also lantus first thing in the morning before. When I used slin I always had morning workouts.
    Now I have my training sessions in the afternoon/evening. I usually finish at 7.00 pm, drink my post wo shake, eat a normal meal (chicken, rice, peas) 20 minutes later at home and eat another high protein-low carb-high fat meal (light cottage cheese, protein powder, yoghurt, 30g flax seed oil with 2 spoon of flax seed) between 8.30-9.00 pm and go to bed around 9 pm.

Is it possible to use slin in this situation post wo? I'd use 1,5-2ius of gh pre, and 5-10 ius of slin post, but I'm afraid 2 hours is not enough and I'd be going hypo while sleeping.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huher View Post
    Hello guys

I'm just playing with the idea of adding gh to my stack first time in my life, beginning with 2 ius 5/2 training days a week and maybe increase that to the maximum of 5 ius according to RedBaron's thread. I'm familiar with insulin , so I thought why not try the "magic" formula, gh and slin together.

I've used short slin pre and post workout several times up to 10 ius and also lantus first thing in the morning before. When I used slin I always had morning workouts.
    Now I have my training sessions in the afternoon/evening. I usually finish at 7.00 pm, drink my post wo shake, eat a normal meal (chicken, rice, peas) 20 minutes later at home and eat another high protein-low carb-high fat meal (light cottage cheese, protein powder, yoghurt, 30g flax seed oil with 2 spoon of flax seed) between 8.30-9.00 pm and go to bed around 9 pm.

Is it possible to use slin in this situation post wo? I'd use 1,5-2ius of gh pre, and 5-10 ius of slin post, but I'm afraid 2 hours is not enough and I'd be going hypo while sleeping.
    Personally, I would not. I also do not think that taking GH pre/post will not have an effect.
    There are different types of insulin and some actually have two peaks and last longer.
    I also would not eat a high fat meal that late. I would pack on the fat from being so late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huher likes this.

Huher is offline Associate Member
    I will use only fast acting slin with an active life of 2-3 hours. I will try taking it with 2-3 meals then, it seems much safer.
    Actually that was my last meal in the past 2 years without issues, maybe because my metabolism is still high after training, and that's the only meal I can fit my healthy fats in.

Thread Information