tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Red face Testosterone and Injuries......Pro Survey!

Fellow BB's,

I have 2 injuries that i am dealing with; Knee and Rotator cuff. The knee has been hurting just above the knee cap for over 2 months and the shoulder about 1 mth. I've been to the Dr and had xrays and MRI. The knee is supposedly a tendon strain and the shoulder is a rotator cuff strain. Nothing is torn or ripped.

For PT, I am doing high rep leg extensions and light weight leg presses high reps for the knee. For the shoulder, i am doing rotator cuff excercises. I am doing these every-other day. RESULTS: The knee feels a little better as well as the shoulder but neither is good enough to start training again.

I've tried Hgh (3iu's every other day) for about 2 mths now. From what i've read, Hgh is (by itself) not a bulking agent but will "strengthen tendons and ligaments." So far the results from Hgh by itself is very disappointing (sigh).

I am 42 and have been training for 20 yrs. My first juice cycle was done last year with good results.

MY QUESTION: Will Testosterone in conjunction with Hgh (or Test by itself) help to heal Tendon injuries?

thnks for constructive input

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Fellow BB's,

I have 2 injuries that i am dealing with; Knee and Rotator cuff. The knee has been hurting just above the knee cap for over 2 months and the shoulder about 1 mth. I've been to the Dr and had xrays and MRI. The knee is supposedly a tendon strain and the shoulder is a rotator cuff strain. Nothing is torn or ripped.

For PT, I am doing high rep leg extensions and light weight leg presses high reps for the knee. For the shoulder, i am doing rotator cuff excercises. I am doing these every-other day. RESULTS: The knee feels a little better as well as the shoulder but neither is good enough to start training again.

I've tried Hgh (3iu's every other day) for about 2 mths now. From what i've read, Hgh is (by itself) not a bulking agent but will "strengthen tendons and ligaments." So far the results from Hgh by itself is very disappointing (sigh).

I am 42 and have been training for 20 yrs. My first juice cycle was done last year with good results.

MY QUESTION: Will Testosterone in conjunction with Hgh (or Test by itself) help to heal Tendon injuries?

thnks for constructive input
    Dont know about Test but I think Deca will make a huge difference. I have rotator cuff issues and they dissapear when I am taking it. I have been off Deca now for three weeks and the problem as no reoccured

tcw
    Thanks Kale...i have heard that Deca is good for the Joints by increasing the amount of fluid to the area. I was thinking of adding it to my next cycle.

However...i don't know if using Test and Deca byitself will "Enable" me to continue a weight lifting regime if i am injured....???

Any further input?

Thsks again...

T

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Thanks Kale...i have heard that Deca is good for the Joints by increasing the amount of fluid to the area. I was thinking of adding it to my next cycle.

However...i don't know if using Test and Deca byitself will "Enable" me to continue a weight lifting regime if i am injured....???

Any further input?

Thsks again...

T
    I think it depends on the extent of the injury. I certailny continued to work out but I never got to the point where I had an MTI either so your dmamage may be a lot more extensive than mine. There is no doubt that Deca healed mine. You have to be very carefull though because deca can mask the pain and you could make it worse. Its a difficult call to make bro and one I cant make for you

tcw
    Thanks Kale...Here's what i think i'm goin to do.

1) i'm goin to try a short cycle of test and deca ..200 mg total a week.
    2) continue with my PT program of "high reps" and "low weight" and specific excercises for my injuries.
    3) try this for 4 weeks and stop.

If the Test works...i should see improvements.

If not....then i don't "think" it will hurt anything. After all...i would have done this routine anyway.

T

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    I would stick with GH for at least 5-6 months at 5/2week before you rule on the effect of GH healing your tendons.

Also...you could be aggravating the tendons if you are lifting and no matter how much GH you take it may not help.

What kind of GH are you taking and have you made sure it is legit??

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Test and cortisone shots helped me.

Initially the shots helped a bit but not tons, than after 1 month or so on my test cycle, it was almost completely gone.

I can only imagine how much help GH would be, Im sure it would be great. I am going to run 400 IUs or so when I get some feedback on the brand.

tcw
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7
    I would stick with GH for at least 5-6 months at 5/2week before you rule on the effect of GH healing your tendons.

Also...you could be aggravating the tendons if you are lifting and no matter how much GH you take it may not help.

What kind of GH are you taking and have you made sure it is legit??
    thanks fossil...you just reminded me to test that product for efficacy.

I have been running Somotropin GH for about 2mths. These injuries are not totally debilitating, but more agravating and inhibitory. I can move around and walk and still funciton in my work life but I wouldn't do the kind of lifting i was before (too painful). I'm from the school of common sense.

However, I am still able to do some light weight work and it "seems" to be healing...just a VERY SLOW PROCESS.

My thoughts from doing after research are that i might be able to hasten the healing process with a little juice.

thhks for the input ALL...

t

thanks fossil...you just reminded me to test that product for efficacy.

I have been running Somotropin GH for about 2mths. These injuries are not totally debilitating, but more agravating and inhibitory. I can move around and walk and still funciton in my work life but I wouldn't do the kind of lifting i was before (too painful). I'm from the school of common sense.

However, I am still able to do some light weight work and it "seems" to be healing...just a VERY SLOW PROCESS.

My thoughts from doing after research are that i might be able to hasten the healing process with a little juice.

thhks for the input ALL...

t

No prob...glad I could help.

You say you have been running 3iu's eod.....and IMO(and my doctors) I would take that kind of low dose(2-3iu's) at least 5/2 or 6/1 every week.

Even at that protocol...a lot of people do not see improvment and healing with nagging bothersome injuries until the 3-4 month range(especially tendons).

Also....cycling test is when a lot of injuries can happen because they get stronger than what there tendons can handle to quickly.

I have also read numerous articles that says Test decreases collagen synthesis(building block of connective tissue) by 80% which is another reason injuries occur while cycling Test.

A lot of people on this board have reported tendon problems while doing cycles of Test.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck on a full recuperation!

tcw
    Thanks Fossil,

Here is a link that speaks of tendons and repairs. Looks pretty interesting.
    (Don`t forget your Tendons)

Also, thanks for reminding me that according to this article also....test decreases the synthesis of collagen (in amounts over 200mg's).

t
    Last edited by tcw; 07-11-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks Fossil,

Here is a link that speaks of tendons and repairs. Looks pretty interesting.
    (Don`t forget your Tendons)

Also, thanks for reminding me that according to this article also....test decreases the synthesis of collagen (in amounts over 200mg's).

t

No prob tcw!

Yeah that is one of the articles I was talking about.

The search bar comes in very handy!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    just a side note... Testosterone has been proven to slow and deterriorate collagen synthesis!!!

Thread Information