AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Torn labrum, doesnt hurt. doc wants to do surgey. Also, what drugs?

I had a wrestling injury, and my front deltoid hurt. I had some bruising and pain to the touch. it went away. Took 10 days off lifting, then i did squats. then it got red again. so i havent lifted in 3 weeks.
    Got MRI results today. It said i had a torn labrum. The doc concured.
    He kept asking me if the pain was deep, and i said no it was right at the front delt, i could touch it. it didn't even hurt after the seconf day to move it.

Though the labral tear is not in question, regardless if there was another tear, itdoesnt seem to be the labrum that bothered me. He didnt sounf like he had an expalination for the pain that i did have, he just kind of pushed the labrum thing.

he said his labrum repair is no big deal. but he said im too young not to get it fixed.

He said a sling for a month, and 6 weeks of therapy, and no heavy lifting for 4 months.
    I figure if i do a 10 week cycle of eq deca and anavar (var first 6 weeks), plus 30+g or vita C and a shitload of glucosamine, then i should make a faster more complete recovery. I see no point in using more than 100mg of test a week since i am not bulking and test DECREASES collogen synthesis, by 50%. unless you can gimme a reason to use it.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    I Had A Very Bad Rotator Cuff Injury About 1.5 Years Ago A Couple Of Operations Latter Im Still Off Of Gear. Every One I Talk To Says Wait Until You Are Completely Recovered. I Only Found One Research Paper To Suggest Ab Steroids May Play A Role In Faster Recovery FROM SURGICAL REPAIR OF ROTATOR CUFFS. Ask Doc Sust He Can Advise You Better. Hope You Have A Fast Recovery
    Last edited by cj1capp; 07-18-2006 at 06:38 PM.

its not my rotator its my labrum

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Yes but often when there is a problem with the labrum in the glenoid cavity they merely suggest rest, anti-inflammatories and rotator cuff strengthening. Doc Sust would be the best person of course for this. I am merely a kinesiology major trying to remember anatomy class lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Yes but often when there is a problem with the labrum in the glenoid cavity they merely suggest rest, anti-inflammatories and rotator cuff strengthening. Doc Sust would be the best person of course for this. I am merely a kinesiology major trying to remember anatomy class lol.
    Yeah, i see what yer sayin, but i specifically asked him how my rotator looks and he said fine.

Say, since you're the gyno master, would 200mg deca , 400mg eq, and 100mg test/wk for 10 weeks(for my rehab cycle) warrant any use of anti estrogens? Im afraid to use nolva with deca cuz of the whole progesterone upregulation thing. Also, i didnt wanna really wanna limit estrogen too much since its good for joints.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well I would use an AI with any cycle which includes a 19-nor in it (in your case deca ), EQ you dont have to worry about and the test shouldnt be a prop either since it is a TRT dose.

You could go with something like aromasin , I little less suppressive than say femara. Some other options are raloxifene and toremifene. They are not widely used in the bodybuilding community but can be superior to nolva in some ways especially when it comes to gyno. They are SERM's though so I still believe AI's are better, but it is something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Well I would use an AI with any cycle which includes a 19-nor in it (in your case deca ), EQ you dont have to worry about and the test shouldnt be a prop either since it is a TRT dose.

You could go with something like aromasin, I little less suppressive than say femara. Some other options are raloxifene and toremifene. They are not widely used in the bodybuilding community but can be superior to nolva in some ways especially when it comes to gyno. They are SERM's though so I still believe AI's are better, but it is something to look into.
    i dont know if i can get that other stuff. I may just use arimidex . By suppresive, did you mean to sex drive? I dont care if i can pop wood i just want my shoulder back,lol.
    I have access to dostinex and bromocriptine. Should i just use one of those with an anti-e or throw in both? I would think the low dosages i could just use one or the other, or no?

gobig99 is offline Associate Member
    i had posterior labrum surgery in early January. i play baseball and am still rehabing it. i still cannot work out upper body much at all. if i did not play baseball i probably would have never gotten the surgery (after i see how much of a pain in the azz and arm it is)

Quote Originally Posted by gobig99
    i had posterior labrum surgery in early January. i play baseball and am still rehabing it. i still cannot work out upper body much at all. if i did not play baseball i probably would have never gotten the surgery (after i see how much of a pain in the azz and arm it is)
    how bad was your tear and what was the doc's estimated recovery time? Was it arthroscopic or did they cut you open? Mine is with the scope.
    Also, did you rehab with any drugs?
    My doc said 1 month in a sling, 6 weeks of therapy and 4 months till i can powerlift or wrestle agian.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    torn mine last summer got 2 cortizone shots and was supposed to schedule surgury when I got up to school and never did was only ached a bit but I have never been stronger

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    torn mine last summer got 2 cortizone shots and was supposed to schedule surgury when I got up to school and never did was only ached a bit but I have never been stronger

so you been workin out on a torn labrum? interesting

my doc said 6 months and its already been 7 or whatever and its still not 100%. can just about start to do verrry light upper body exercises

it was supposed to be scope surgery but ended up cutting me open

my doc said 6 months and its already been 7 or whatever and its still not 100%. can just about start to do verrry light upper body exercises

it was supposed to be scope surgery but ended up cutting me open
    WTF?! So, they went in there and were like "Oh shit, this kids labrums a mess!" and then slliced ya? THAT SUCKS. Im sorry bro. Did you run any recovery drugs?
    Did he say if you'd ever be 100% again? Now im worried.
    Did they wake you up mid surgery and tell you or did you just wake up and suprise suprise, big ass scar on your shoulder?

soulj4h is offline New Member
    I tore my labrum (SLAP Level 2) playing basketball last november and had surgery early january. Rehabbed for 4-5 months, then re-injured. Opted out of a second surgery.

My advice to you is dont rush back into things too soon. Give yourself time to heal before you go totally active again.

I'd say im about 80% back to how I was before the injury. I still get pains in certain movements, but at least im making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by soulj4h
    I tore my labrum (SLAP Level 2) playing basketball last november and had surgery early january. Rehabbed for 4-5 months, then re-injured. Opted out of a second surgery.

My advice to you is dont rush back into things too soon. Give yourself time to heal before you go totally active again.

I'd say im about 80% back to how I was before the injury. I still get pains in certain movements, but at least im making progress.
    how did you reinjure it? lifting or basketball? how the heck do you tear a labrum playin baskettball? Did you slam into somebody or what?

WTF?! So, they went in there and were like "Oh shit, this kids labrums a mess!" and then slliced ya? THAT SUCKS. Im sorry bro. Did you run any recovery drugs?
    Did he say if you'd ever be 100% again? Now im worried.
    Did they wake you up mid surgery and tell you or did you just wake up and suprise suprise, big ass scar on your shoulder?

it was only a posterior labral tear not even a SLAP lesion but they did cut me open and i didnt know until after the THREE hour surgery haha...i was on percoset obviously for the pain after. since 3 months post op until now i have been gettin prolotherapy injections about every 2-3 weeks. since i know what recovery and rehab is like, if i didnt play baseball i would never want to get the surgery done. it sucked for me. i want to work out so bad man but i really cant. although they dont doubt i should be 100% again

what in gods name is prolotherapy?

research about it...its injections of GH and sucrose substance which acts completely opposite from a cortizone shot...it causes imflamtion to the area which causes more blood flow and helps in collagen repair, etc...its not covered by insurance so it can get pricey...i get mine done in cherry hill, nj...only doctor in my state of NJ that does it

what in gods name is prolotherapy?
    check this out http://www.prolotherapy.com/

i know but its close and it sucks to be hurt. http://shoulderpaininfo.com/shoulderLabrum.html

Robbo21 is offline New Member
    I had a wrestling injury, and my front deltoid hurt. I
    He said a sling for a month, and 6 weeks of therapy, and no heavy lifting for 4 months.
    I figure if i do a 10 week cycle of eq deca and anavar(var first 6 weeks), plus 30+g or vita C and a shitload of glucosamine, then i should make a faster more complete recovery. I see no point in using more than 100mg of test a week since i am not bulking and test DECREASES collogen synthesis, by 50%. unless you can gimme a reason to use it.

Hey mate, your injury sound exactly the same as mine, hand an anterior labral tear caused by tackling someone wrong in rugby causing a sublaxation but most of my pain and symptoms were not a-typical for that injury. I opted out of surgery for 12 month but things didnt get any better, justs worse and started to affect my lifting and playing so i took the plunge with and got the surgery with the best in uk and parted with nealry £6000. Had and open repair in the end due to the exact location of the tear. In his experience he did say the opend repair for this type of tear and for rugby players(im play pro here in the uk) were more successfull and had a lower chance of re-occurance. He repaired the labrum did a whole clean up and tighten the ligaments and capsule. Spent 6 weeks in the sling and by week 16 i was back in the gym gym just about 100%, on his and my PT advice. He did give me a special rehad drug regime and supplement advice. Dont have time to type it all up here 2day but shoot me an email to robbo21@elite fit****com if you interested or anyone else for that matter and ill forward you the word doc that he wrote up for me. ill post it here when i have time also

Robbo
    Last edited by Robbo21; 08-01-2006 at 01:10 AM.

Quil is offline Member
    Same injury here, torn labrum in my left should lifting weights. Incline dumbells, felt it go as I brought the weights back from my knees. Sling for one month, 6-8 weeks rehab, and I think 4-6 months before I could lift weights again. Sucked balls, but it's feeling ok one year later. Really took me a while to get it back to normal...it hurt a lot when I tried to bench or do Military Press, but it's good now. Be patient with that rehab, man. Listen to your doc's advice.

thanks Robbo, will be emailing you. you're the man.

cj1capp, so are you. thanks for the advice and links, very imformative.

Funny, i talked to my doc again yesterday, and i asked him a bunch or Q's and ended it with a question about drugs and rehab asking him if he ever prescribed nandrolone or boldenone for rehab and he goes "No, no. You dont wanna be takin any anabolic steroids , thats not gonna help."(somewhat laughing.)
    So i said respectfully "Oh, as far as pure testosterone at a high dosages, yeah that would make my problem worse. But i was just talking about a couple mild compounds that have been shown to increase collogen synthesis over two or three fold."
    so then he says "Look, don't worry. Your gonna be layin down collagen like you can't believe."
    And that was pretty much it. These US docs arent as enlightened as your docs in UK Robbo, lol!

Gobigg99, i live in pa. Cherry hill? That aint to far from me i dont think. Im about a half hour from phillipsburg. You know? Im in P-burg all the time with my buds.

Question

thanks Robbo, will be emailing you. you're the man.

cj1capp, so are you. thanks for the advice and links, very imformative.

Funny, i talked to my doc again yesterday, and i asked him a bunch or Q's and ended it with a question about drugs and rehab asking him if he ever prescribed nandrolone or boldenone for rehab and he goes "No, no. You dont wanna be takin any anabolic steroids , thats not gonna help."(somewhat laughing.)
    So i said respectfully "Oh, as far as pure testosterone at a high dosages, yeah that would make my problem worse. But i was just talking about a couple mild compounds that have been shown to increase collogen synthesis over two or three fold."
    so then he says "Look, don't worry. Your gonna be layin down collagen like you can't believe."
    And that was pretty much it. These US docs arent as enlightened as your docs in UK Robbo, lol!

Gobigg99, i live in pa. Cherry hill? That aint to far from me i dont think. Im about a half hour from phillipsburg. You know? Im in P-burg all the time with my buds.

how are you "gonna be layin down collagen like you can't believe"...with what? just natural or? what did he mean?

how are you "gonna be layin down collagen like you can't believe"...with what? just natural or? what did he mean?

yeah just natural, i guess....friggin ignoramous. Well fine, lets lay it down even faster i say! Thats what i shoulda said. He doesnt sound knowlegable on roids but has worked on alota body builders who juice.

gettnthere is offline Associate Member
    Partially tore my labrum couple years ago when i was playing ball in college....doc recommended surgery but i chose the extensive rehab program,like 10 weeks long. came back after those 10 weeks and was perfectly fine...im in professional ball now and we have several guys 1 to 2 years out of labrum surgery and they are so far from 100% it is sad.and they get top of the line treatment...my roomate went down with a torn labrum and he got released because its such a low percentage of coming back how you were before...now this is pitching,not wrestling or whatever you said,so its a big difference..my only advice is to take it real slow in your recovery,like soulj said.there is nothing worse in sports than having a serious injury that could mean a career,busting your ass to get it better,then re-injuring it..i would advise against any AAS during recovery,rehab

Quote Originally Posted by gettnthere
    Partially tore my labrum couple years ago when i was playing ball in college....doc recommended surgery but i chose the extensive rehab program,like 10 weeks long. came back after those 10 weeks and was perfectly fine...im in professional ball now and we have several guys 1 to 2 years out of labrum surgery and they are so far from 100% it is sad.and they get top of the line treatment...my roomate went down with a torn labrum and he got released because its such a low percentage of coming back how you were before...now this is pitching,not wrestling or whatever you said,so its a big difference..my only advice is to take it real slow in your recovery,like soulj said.there is nothing worse in sports than having a serious injury that could mean a career,busting your ass to get it better,then re-injuring it..i would advise against any AAS during recovery,rehab
    hmm. depressing.

thanks for your input. I wonder how bad those guys injuries were before the surgery. Mine is a partial tear, i have no pain. I can actually lift light on it and it doest hurt(though i have decided not to do any just in case). I have also FRM. Were these guys like immobilized, really bad tears? My doc seems pretty confident that ill be ready in 4months. I even said,"I wont be regreting that i decided to do this in 6 months or i year form now will I?" And he said no, absolutely not. So, i dunno what to think.

Well as far as the roids go, keep in mind were not talkin about high doses of mass builders here, nor would i be doing mass building workouts. I chose only the 3 compounds shown to up cartledge repair. With a touch of test to mimic my own production and ward off deca dick.

i have seen deca by itself at half the dosage i'll be using heal injuries in record time that i belive are worse than mine(ACL repairs, Rototor Cuff), so being that my recovery cycle is more comprehensive and slightly higher dosed, im hoping it'll work well.

i really dont want to heal any faster than 4 months, just more completly. IN other words, the plan is, wait the full 4 months before lifting heavy again and only at the doctors discretion. But i def wanna be ready around 4 mos, post op. But i'll still even take it slower if need be. Depends what doc thinks. JUst tryin to give myself every andvantage.
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 08-02-2006 at 04:46 PM.

Thread Information