gettnthere is offline Associate Member

Loss of libido from Propecia/avo

So propecia/proscar/avodart all fuk up your libido right? do most experience this? and if so,if you took some tongkat ali,tri,dhea, would that keep your sex drive going strong? probably not something you can take year round with the propecia/avodart/proscar, but Im curious

rbehniwal is offline Associate Member
    I'm taking propecia and my libido is perfectly fine if not better. So I don't think the finasteride is affecting my sex drive at all. It is working though for my balding problem as some of my hair is growing back on my head.

Thats good to hear. I think the time is coming for me to get either propecia or avodart, depends if i can find i good place to get the avodart

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I do Proscar and my Libido is fine as well

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    My libido was in hell with proscar....

LPR...dermatology.

savax is offline Associate Member
    Same.. When I did propecia I could hardly get a boner, gained wait, and even got mild gyno

Did those side effects go away after you stopped using it?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    common side for propecia. even worse with avodart. these prevent conversion to DHT - DHT causes sides like baldness and prostate growth, but is also an extremely androgenic hormone. most AS with structures similar to DHT are very androgenic and tend to give a "hard" look.

proviron is basicly synthetic DHT, and will give you a raging hard on/sex drive (and probably blast your hair line and prostate)

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    My libido has suffered a little while on propecia. But it could also be attributed to the fact that for the past few weeks my g/f thought she might've been pregnant so I wasn't in the mood to have sex knowing that.

mine seems to be fine, although im sure minoxidil and azleic acid is fuking it up

Mobligator is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    common side for propecia. even worse with avodart. these prevent conversion to DHT - DHT causes sides like baldness and prostate growth, but is also an extremely androgenic hormone. most AS with structures similar to DHT are very androgenic and tend to give a "hard" look.

proviron is basicly synthetic DHT, and will give you a raging hard on/sex drive (and probably blast your hair line and prostate)
    Very true. DHT is produced from testosterone (via interaction with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme) in specific target tissues as a way to mediate androgen activity in the body where strong stimulation is needed. A good article describing this in words easy to understand can be found at the site below.

Excerpt: The relation between DHT and Side Effects

Dihydrotestosterone is the most potent androgen found in the human body. It is roughly three to four times stronger an agonist of the androgen receptor than testosterone, and is produced from testosterone (via interaction with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme) in specific target tissues as a way to mediate androgen activity in the body where strong stimulation is needed. This includes areas of the skin, scalp, prostate and central nervous system. It is this process where one sees the obvious correlation between DHT and androgenic side effects; as such tissues are those that appear to be most sensitive in terms of producing such effects. The sebaceous glands responsible for secreting oils for instance are found in areas of the skin, which when over stimulated may cause acne to develop. Hair follicles in the scalp are also sensitive to androgens, and for those with a genetic predisposition, androgens will likely play a role at some point in promoting male pattern hair loss. Prostate tissues are also highly sensitive to androgens, and diseases such as benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) and prostate cancer are similarly responsive to androgens.

http://www.businesslafayette.com/dht.htm

Thread Information