Thread: shoulders

quartertonroche is offline New Member

shoulders

Anyone else have a burning in the shoulders while lifting them? It's not like any other group, it actually hurts and I have to stop before I really feel like the muscle is nearly exhausted.

It has always been this way, since I started lifting 15 years ago. By now I have grown to be a pretty big dude, but have tiny shoulders and it looks bad.

It's getting frusterating because there is nothing I can do to make my shoulders soar, I just cant smoke em in the gym like any other group. Is this a sign of an underlying injury, or just a part of what makes shoulders so hard to grow for some.

I did ask a doc about it. His feeling was that if it only exists while in the gym, it's likely not a problem...but he was clearly uninterested in the issue as I was there for foot problems.

Thanks guys

bigdog416 is offline New Member

Cool

I doubt its an injury if it's both shoulders at the same time,usually you would damage one joint at a time.Shoulders are a small muscle group and will tire quickly if you don't train them with the alot of intensity! If it's a endurance issue watch your diet for things that build up lactose acid in your system,try some beta aline before working out and right after to buffer any acid in your body.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    i have a bum shoulder and It hinders my workouts some times. The Dr is a great man and will help you out. Dont be afraid to go to him and ask for advice and help

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    i love the muscle burn in the shoulders when doing laterals or front raises.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i have the same problem. it gets to the point where i have to stop and actually like hold and rub it cuz it hurts so bad. ive tried really really lowering the weight. or less sets. or different exercises. but i can do one set of 6, lateral raises with 15 pound DB's and they kill me still. so i have really stopped focusing on them for now. but i still have decent mass in them from doing alot of DB presses on bench. i am hoping it just goes away. but its been like 2 years. haha

Thread Information