Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member

Question B5 for Acne control

Im looking for some knowledge about taking B5 post cycle to control acne. I get it kinda bad for 2-3 weeks after cycle due to fluctuating hormone lvl's. Does anyone use B5 and at what dose?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~

thanks Phate i was hoping you were around, was just about to PM you, actually i still am

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    thanks Phate i was hoping you were around, was just about to PM you, actually i still am
    go for it bro, i'll help any way i can, i think i have some other articles on acne control if you want those too

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    post cycle I get some deep nasty zits
    this cycle with pct I'm taking minocycline
    it's been working better then I expected, no zits in pct, I'm very happy
    a friend has a script so it was free, I just paid his co-pay...$5

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    There isnt much I can add here as I have never tried high dose B-5 for acne. Although many have had great results, I havent tried it. I'll try it next time I get acne though. Worth a try.

I've tried almost every anti-biotic out there (tetracyline familly) and none worked.

Nizoral ED and EOD worked with Accutane at 20-40mg/ED.

I might just try the nizoral by itself today? I hope that will do the trick

I can't find Nizoral, anyone care to help me source it out?

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    sleezebay..

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    but for gear related acne/bacne, the only only thing thats help me was accutane.....do your reasearch before you dive into that one though.....good luck...

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    post cycle I get some deep nasty zits
    this cycle with pct I'm taking minocycline
    it's been working better then I expected, no zits in pct, I'm very happy
    a friend has a script so it was free, I just paid his co-pay...$5
    I find that stuff was terrible for me and it inhibits protein synthesis.

I prefer tretinoin cream now, i ran accutane before i rarely get zits now if i do i use a bit of that cream its great and cheap.

Dave palumbo wrote and article on protein synthesis and how minocycline and tetracycline block it.

Darksid3 is offline New Member
    You can google B5 acne and it comes up with a lot of hits, with a lot of good info. Pretty much need to take 10grams every day to see the effects.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    B5 is better than nizoral. Why? Because nizoral will dry your skin out and turn it red making it LOOK LIKE ACNE after the acne dies. You'll get little red patches everywhere you put it, but yeh the acne will die with the skin.

B5 is great, for me at least when I use it. Take around 6-8gms a day. Some people do more, I'd start around there. It usually take 2-3 days before the oils start breaking down and your skin dries out.
    You want to spaces doses out as much as possible. Maybe 1000mg every 3 hours or so.
    I love B5 and used it for a few years, but than I noticed when I got off my skins oil production seemed to slow down as a whole. Def recommend b5. Just go get some and start swallowing. It tightens your pores up too making your skin look tighter and all around healthier.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I cannot deal with the sides man. Bloats me and kills appetite. Sucks.

bananas is offline New Member
    I had teen acne, and battle random adult breakouts. Mid cycle I get it bad on my face, PCT a bit worse. B5(pantothenic acid) really put a stop to new breakouts when I dosed it high enough.

Bottom line it works, and works well for me ( a person who is severely acne prone, my first cycle of 200mg/wk of test e had me break out bad ). It's also not toxic in higher doses but can throw your other vitamin B levels out of whack. I did not have this problem but some do. Short term, if you know a breakout is coming, loading up on 10 grams (YES GRAMS) a day will certainly help, and you might only need half that dosage.

Downsides, it made me sweat a bit more, my overall body temp felt elevated. This wasnt a problem really. 10 grams a day ( or more) is 20 x500mg capsules which is really annoying to take throughout the day.

I think its a great alternative to taking accutane, especially on the short term as B5 works really ****ing fast.

For chronic sufferers, burst cycles of 10g/day for 2 weeks then 5g/day for another 2 weeks with a week or two off can keep you in check.

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    I do 1gram a day and it does wonders!!

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy View Post
    I do 1gram a day and it does wonders!!
    500mg AM and 500mg PM?

Don't you get bloated? Also don't forget to take a B complex once or twice daily.

I tried taking dosages between 2-4 grams daily and got zero results.

MgpGator is offline Associate Member
    Don't meant on rising the dead, but I found this great read on b5

Some scientific studies have demonstrated that D-Calcium Pantothenate may improve oxygen transport and utilization efficiency for performance athletes engaged in strenuous exercise and physically demanding activities. Because it increases oxygen transport and utilization efficiency D-Calcium Pantothenate may also help to reduce the rate and accumulation of lactate acid in performance athletes [5].

The commonly recommended dose for Pantothenic Acid varies from as little as 500 milligrams to as much as 5 grams per day. Doses in the range of 500mg to 1200mg have been shown in clinical human trials to reduce total serum Cholesterol, LDL-Cholesterol and Triglycerides. D-Calcium Pantothenate supplementation has also been shown to increase the ratio of HDL Cholesterol (the good cholesterol) to LDL Cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Higher doses of D-Calcium Pantothenate in the range of 2 grams to 5 grams per day may reduce morening stiffness, the degree of disability, and the severity of pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    In comparison to accutane this stuff is dirt cheap, I'm gonna give it ago before I get on accutane, AGAIN.

bakingcakes27 is offline New Member
    I've been using B5 for about a month now, and it's working great. I also have Tetracycline incase of a break out.

where do you find this B5 cheap online?

Thread Information