Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RoidBoid is offline Member

DeadLifts Injurys

Never been able to deadlift ..... even with light weight i pull a muscle in my lower back just right of my spine, get it everytime without fail...... stops me from even sleeping for couple days.... any ideas?

ckyass is offline Associate Member
    dont do deadlifts then lol

bump

If you pull the muscle doing deadlifts do you also pull it doing other back movements? Such as hyperextensions? Cable rows? Ect....? I'm sure everyone is going to just tell you to go and get your back looked at...i've never heard of that happening on JUST deadlifts and NOT other movements....So if it really only happens on deadlifts maybe your form is incorrect? Thats all i can think of.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm, that sounds weird as hell if you don't get the problem from other exercises. I would def think you need to have your back looked at. Something an x-ray can provide an explanation on.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Incorrect Form is all I can think of... Try just doing strict slow deadlift movements with nothing but the bar for a set of 50 for 3 reps for the next 4 weeks... that should strengthen those particular core muscles you need to do the movement... THEN !!!

Put a plate on each side and start a normal routine from that... and slowly but surely you will be able to progress. IMO

other movements are fine, not a problem ....had it x-rayed bot a year or so ago and they couldnt find anythink, my form is fine, i lift ..... then i feel it twindge and it ****in kills if i lower it so i have to drop it, then thts me for a couple of days

duece i will try doing that, just getting some serious reps in and slowly try build it up ...

goodluck bro

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    yeah, I can't do dead lifts cause of a previous rowing injury
    just not as stable after you hurt it once
    so I don't do dead lifts

Bigzrs01 is offline Associate Member
    Try stretching your hamstrings before you do deadlifts also. In 2005 i ruptured one of my discs in my lower back. It was the worst pain I ever felt and so bad my left leg went numb. So after a couple months of therapy and staying away from lower back movements, I feel that my back is stronger than before; however my lower back does get a little tender sometimes after heavy deads but the pain goes away within a few minutes. I always keep a bottle of ibuprofen and some muscle cream(like icy hot) in my gym bag

Thread Information