alex18 is offline Member

anyone suffered with Sacroiliac joint issues?

I had some issues throughout 2008 with my sarcroiliac joint and it would literally cripple me for a few hours as my left one had seized and so the right was over compensating. I had a chiro free the stuck joint and for several weeks i went back for electo therapy on the joint. However my medical insurance didnt cover it and i couldnt afford the several hundred $$ it was costing me a week to get the electro work done. Although it dosnt bother me as much as it was before it still cuases me some problems. Anyone had this? did you eventually recover? Im wondering if i should just bite the financial bullet and keep with the program!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    My SI pops out ever now and then when i go and squat. I go get and adjustment and get back to work, hurts like heck when its out and I cant get in quickly.

alex18 is offline Member
    glad to know im not alone! It sure as hell hurts like heck when it goes!!!

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    I have SI joint probs, and still continue to have new problems so good luck.

alex18 is offline Member
    did you get any therapy or do you just pound through it? I've started running quite a bit and when i run down hill it hurts like a mf!!

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    If your sacroalic joint is unstable try prolotherapy, i am now to my 10th treatment and it did wonders.

You are talking to someone with over 8 years of back pain and unstable pelvic with SI joint issues.

Prolo will strenghten the ligaments and tendons around the SI region and will make it stronger.

alex18 is offline Member
    ive never heard of it but will jump onto google and do some reading! Thanks for the reply !!!

mrdieselone is offline Junior Member
    how is your clavical ???

tallyjuice is offline Member
    I fight MMA and started having pain in my lower back down my leg about 6 months ago. Kept pounding away at it, and now both SI joints are so lax that both sides pop constantly. Funny to read the post above becuase squats put me out for days. Since my ligaments surrounding my SI are hypermobile (lax and popping) and not hypomobile (stuck) I tried certain core excercises to stabilize the muscles around the joint in order to cure the laxity and slippage. It didn't work, so I started prolotherapy 6 weeks ago (one treatment per week) , and no luck so far. If it doesn't start working soon, I'll have surgery this summer to fuse the joints. I am really hoping to avoid surgery, so wish me luck with the prolo. On a side note, this is one of the most shitty injuries you can have, and I have had quite a few. Nerve pain down your leg or anywhere else for that matter just plain sux. And for the guy who did the prolo... How long till it started stabilizing????

the si joint is actually 5 joints .. and the mobility of that can only be limited ...i would guess you have issues with your clavical and cranium issues ..if your interested in mobility stuff to address this and of course your neural active in your peroneal nerve that is innervated around l5 thru l2...lmk thanks

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    depending on how bad it is, you might want to go to a real doctor and get cortizone injections.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdieselone View Post
    the si joint is actually 5 joints .. and the mobility of that can only be limited ...i would guess you have issues with your clavical and cranium issues ..if your interested in mobility stuff to address this and of course your neural active in your peroneal nerve that is innervated around l5 thru l2...lmk thanks
    why did you make this post? makes no sense and contains not even one fact

tallyjuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    why did you make this post? makes no sense and contains not even one fact
    I was thinking the same thing.

what part of the post do you not understand ..and please point to the part that is not a fact???i will be more that happy to explain..
    i am using neural coupling and what people call the neuro matrix ..it more cutting edge type of thought pattern in relation to pain and things are looked at within opposing joints .
    Last edited by mrdieselone; 04-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.

well first of all can you name the 5 joints that make up the SI joint?

2ndly the common paroneal nerve is innervated from L4-S2...not L2-l5
    Unless he's experiencing foot drop, I don't even know why you would bring that up anyway as it's not a common cause of SI joint pain.

What are the "issues with the clavical and cranium issues that could cause SI joint pain," please name them.

Please tell me about your cutting edge thinking and how you would treat this other than posting a word jumble.

2bshredded is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    well first of all can you name the 5 joints that make up the SI joint?

2ndly the common paroneal nerve is innervated from L4-S2...not L2-l5
    Unless he's experiencing foot drop, I don't even know why you would bring that up anyway as it's not a common cause of SI joint pain.

What are the "issues with the clavical and cranium issues that could cause SI joint pain," please name them.

Please tell me about your cutting edge thinking and how you would treat this other than posting a word jumble.

Great post Bro,

Thats what I was gonna say.....LOL

Thread Information