dd0316 is offline Member

How do i get rid of ***** bumps!!!!! Hellpppp

So usually i use nair...but i used a r a z o r for the first time...

MY LEGS LOOK LIKE THE MOST DISGUSTING THINGS ON THE PLANET...ITS JUST A MILLION RED BUMPS EVERYWHERE! its ****ing gross and its been getting worse, not better

how the hell do i get rid of this?

Zookl is offline Associate Member
    I know what you are talking about. My buddy got those on his back from waxing. Those bumps are just a skin irritation from sensitive skin. If your skin isn't used to a ***** it will get irritated. Clean your legs and use a lotion without any type of perfume in it. Try to get something all natural. Aveeno is a good lotion to use. They will go away in a few days.

dd0316 is offline Member
    yeaa
    ive been lotion for 2 days

they are getting worsee

yuckk! anything else i can do?

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe some pantyhose will make your legs look nice and sheer?

j/k

get something to exfoliate your skin.

dd0316 is offline Member
    hmm
    ok will do...
    ill exfoliate tmw morning...
    umm future suggestions?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just read about this but have not researched it yet.
    tend skin liquid

I also just started a thread on waxing to look for suggestions

Also when I have waxes or nair certain areas I try to keep it rubbed down with Alcohol for a few days and it seems to help.

I also just found this, not sure how accurate it is BUT worth a try
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ikPJIJXMs
    Basically it says trend is 1/3 cut rubbing alcohol, 3 tbs witch hazel and 9 aspirin.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-08-2009 at 01:07 AM.

dd0316 is offline Member
    ahh
    guys...they are still there..and are ust bigger and darker
    what do i do?

Wash often, moisturize often, and use vit e and aloe on it. Also putting a bit of baby powder on it will keep from getting irritated more. Hope it helps. By the way, waxing is much better for your skin, leaves alot less bumps, doesn't cut your skin, and it's faster. And no it doesn't hurt, unless it's your first time and have 2 inch long of hair, lol just man it up.

sizerp is offline Banned
    What Can I Do About My Folliculitis?

Self help:
    Good hygiene with regular hand washing is a must to minimize the risk of staph infections. Keeping your skin healthy and avoiding factors that can over-dry your skin, causing it to crack should be avoided. Picking and squeezing the skin causes minor damage, which in turn makes it easier for infection to set in. A skin that is clean and intact with no abrasions or sites of friction or irritation is less likely to become infected. In some circumstances, there may be a role for antibacterial cleansers. Hot tubs need to be checked regularly for pH and antiseptic levels.

Medical treatment:
    If you think you have folliculitis, the most important thing for you to do is to see your doctor in order to confirm the diagnosis, so that you can seek folliculitis treatment. Ideally, the organism causing the infection should be identified and its sensitivity to antibiotics should be established.
    Sometimes, your doctor will treat an infection based on his or her clinical suspicion, especially if the appearance is typical.

Bacterial folliculitis can be caused by the following bacteria
    • Staphylococcus aureus
    • Gram-negative bacteria
    Pseudomonas (hot tub folliculitis)
    • E. coli
    • Klebsiella
    • Fungal /yeast folliculitis
    • Candida albicans
    • Pityrosporum ovale
    • Trichophyton rubrum
    Topical treatments:
    Topical antibiotics and antifungal creams to treat staphylococcal folliculitis:
    The choice of folliculitis treatment will depend on the cause of the infection as well as how deep and extensive it is. Topical antibiotics should be used in the short term to minimize the risks of bacterial resistance.
    Topical antibiotics can clear superficial localized infections. The affected area should be treated with the appropriate cream or ointment two or three times a day. Chronic staph can be carried inside the nose, and can be a factor if the infection recurs. In such a case, nightly application of the ointment inside the nose will clear the reservoir of the bacteria. Oral antibiotics will be required if there is an inadequate response.

1) Fusidic acid:
    Fusidic acid is an antimicrobial that was isolated by Godtfredsen, et al, in Europe from the fermentation of Fusidium Coccineum. It was introduced into clinical practice in 1926, as an oral drug. About twenty years later, it was introduced in Canada as a topical drug.

How do I use this medication?
    Fusidic acid is available both as a cream and as an ointment. You should apply it thinly on to the infected area 3-4 times daily.

How does it work?
    Fusidic acid inhibits protein synthesis in the bacteria and without that capacity, the bacteria will die. The topical formulation penetrates a damaged, infected horny layer better than intact skin. It is related to the cephalosporin, an antibiotic produced by Cephalosporium, a genus of fungi.

Will there be side effects?
    Side effects from the topical preparations are very uncommon. There have been no human tests done during pregnancy and lactation, but there have been no adverse reports.

Can I take other medications?
    There are no interactions from the topical formulation of fusidic acid.

Which brands are available?

• Fucidin® 2% cream and ointment available as well as Fucidin HCl®, which is combined with 1% hydrocortisone acetate
    • Fucidin Intertulle® - impregnated into a gauze
    • IV, tablets and oral suspension (250mg/5ml) are available, IM and subcutaneous administrations are too irritating
    2) Mupirocin:
    A natural product of Pseudomonas fluorescens that has antibacterial actions against gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus and Streptoccus. It has some activity against gram-negative organisms. It is inactive against anaerobic bacteria chlamydia and fungi.

How do I use this medication?
    Mupirocin is available both as a cream and an ointment. You should apply it thinly on the affected area 3 times a day for up to 10 days. It may be used on all ages except for in the USA where the Bactroban nasal ointment is not recommended for children under the age of 12.

How well does it work?
    Mupirocin is easy to apply and is very effective against the common skin pathogens such as Staphylococcus and Streptococcus. It works well for impetigo as well as bacterial folliculitis. The incidence of resistance remains low. For localized impetigo it works as well as oral antibiotics in 90% of cases. It is not effective against Pseudomonas or fungi. It is useful in the treatment of chronic Staph carriage in the anterior nares (nose).

How does it work?
    It is unlike other antibiotics in that it inhibits bacterial isoleucyl transfer-RNA synthetase blocking protein synthesis. It is bacteriostatic at low concentrations and bacteriocidal at high concentration. There is virtually no systemic absorption via intact skin and anything that is becomes metabolized to monic acid and quickly removed by the kidneys.

Will there be side effects?
    Local:
    Dry skin, swelling, burning pain itch and rash. The effects are usually mild. Allergic reactions are rare. Polyethylene glycol will be irritating if the ointment is used around the eyes.
    Systemic:
    Renal toxicity from absorption of the polyethylene glycol vehicle (ointment only) if large amounts are used in open wounds or burns.

Which brands are available?

• Bactroban ointment 2% mupirocin (polyethylene glycol base)
    • Bactroban cream 2% mupirocin (oil-water based emulsion)
    • Bactroban Nasal - for the nose and is in a white paraffin/glycerin base (not available in Canada)
    What conditions are treated by this medication?

• Skin staphyococcal infections including impetigo, folliculitis, burns, and wounds
    • It is also used to treat streptococcal infections
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *http://www.acneguide.com/acus_basics...liculitis.html

sizerp is offline Banned
    In regards to the post I just made - I'd recommend the 2% cream of mupirocin to treat your legs. Try not to shave them with a R A Z O R for at least 7-10 days, while applying the cream to the infected areas 2-3 times daily.

Lastly - logical hygeine. Wash your sheets every couple nights, etc. Just ignore the infection mentally, no scratching!

Ok peace.

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dd0316 View Post
    So usually i use nair...but i used a r a z o r for the first time...

MY LEGS LOOK LIKE THE MOST DISGUSTING THINGS ON THE PLANET...ITS JUST A MILLION RED BUMPS EVERYWHERE! its ****ing gross and its been getting worse, not better

how the hell do i get rid of this?
    use alovera

Thread Information