Thread: Lower back pain

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member

Lower back pain

I hurt my lower, lower back a few weeks ago and I can't figure out what or how I did it so I can get better and not have a repeat injury. The pain is on my left side below the glute muscle. I'm not too familiar with all the back muscles but I think it's a lower back muscle because my glutes feel fine.

After a few weeks of pain I took 3 days off in a row and the pain went away without me even realizing until today when I was on the row machine. I started off with some lighter weight and was getting a really deep stretch in when all of a sudden I had a sharp pain in that same spot and it shot through my body and was unbearable.

Can you guys maybe help me pinpoint the problem, suggest some lower back stretches and strengthening exercises. Also should I ice it down or put a heating pad on it? Should I take days off again? I only felt the original pain when I was working out back and legs. Tomorrow's leg day and I'm not sure if I should hit them any way or just stay away from squats, deadlifts and leg press.?? I'm currently mid-cycle and don't want to pass up such an important part of my trainingAny help would be greatly appreciated.

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Is the pain going down your leg? If its bothering you I would go get it checked out Always ice it 20 min for every hour. Helps with inflamation I just went through surgery this week for a herniated disk. So be careful. I went through every kind of therapy I could find to avoid surgery. Nothing worked, but the surgery took the pain away. So let me know if you have any other questions.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    No pain in my legs just in my lower back and butt when i sit down

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen73ta View Post
    No pain in my legs just in my lower back and butt when i sit down

Ice it for inflamation Get it checked out. Don't wait too long.

Thread Information