tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Blood Circulation---Problems with Meniscus ? ? ?

Hey all,

i went to the Dr. yesterday about a knee injury that i got...and was told that i "sprained my Meniscus!"

It is not swollen but it sure hurts when i perform twisting motions.

I also felt sharp pain when he pressed on the INSIDE area of my knee...but there is no locking of the knee...

The treatment he prescribed was Ice and Hot Water Therapy (hot tub).

Anyone know any other ways to increase the blood circulation in this area?
    Last edited by tcw; 05-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    Well you could have a hot bath (i put epsom salt in it aswel) and after that massage the affected areas thoroughly but not to the point where it hurts. ice the leg every hour or 2 for 10mins just put vegetable packet in a plastic bag and tie it around your knee so it can mould a shape of ur knee so everywhere gets iced up. glucosimine and fish oils help aswel.. I had some pretty bad knees as i squat over 220kg but since wearing knee wraps and buying a massage machine it has helped alot.

optionsdude is offline Member
    TCW I have had meniscus work done on both knees and it's a fairly quick recovery. If it hasn't torn you should be okay with the ice. I've never noticed much of a difference taking glucosamine, however I started taking cissus about a month ago and I think it's helping. Especially in my ankles, I used to get pain in ankles when doing calf exercises and its almost gone now.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Dudes....

I have gotten the correct DIAGNOSIS...and its not my MENISCUS...but in fact it is the MCL (sigh).

Never-the-less...i have made good progress and its seems to be about 60% better from the original post date.

I have done the following:

-wore a knee brace day and night
    -used an Ultra sound machine 2 times a week
    -deep tissue massage (2 mins...or longer if i can take it)
    -rest, rest, rest

I still notice some pain when i twist the foot towards the outside....but other than that....the knee is much better.

I'm hoping to be 100% in 3 mths...AND I am in no hurry to re-injure that area.

QUESTION: Why use Ice Months after the original injury? There is no swelling....so what the purpose?

thanks!

Thread Information