jypoll is offline Member

sore wrist from squat

so my right wrist is really sore when i move it too far in any direction and has been like this for 6 months or longer. Yet my left seems to be perfectly fine.

On the squat i have a really close grip, about shoulder width. I keep it as close as i can go and still load the bar on my back. and i pull the bar as far down my back as possible. as a result my wrists are fully bent back as much as i can push them. This helps me keep tight, and therefore maintain perfect form, and thus i lift a heavier weight.

I am forced to you wrists wraps on anything above 225lbs, otherwise my wrists is super dudded for the rest of the day. And i usually use wraps above 150lbs just to make sure.

I try not to use the wraps as i was under the belief that by not using them i will strengthen my wrist but this is obvisouly not the case. Any one else have this problem or have an idea how to fix it??

jypoll is offline Member
    nothing?????

Had a real real be right wrist for years. Thought mine came up from impact. My pains dead centre but more on top side I.e back of hand side rather then palm. Almost feels like I gotta click it but if I try just gets worse. Comes n goes but I find it's a certain movement that causes the wrist and even hand to lose all strength.

I avoided the particular movements that caused it. Since not recausing the problem it's not been anywhere near as bad.

But I have incorporated light wrist curls front and back into my workouts just to increase my movement on the joint. Kinda made sense to me. But I ain't no doctor mate. Just got the same problem n had it for a couple years nearly now.

jypoll is offline Member
    ive decided to tape my wrist and use a wrap always at the gym, and im going to go to the pharmacy and buy a splint and see if i can not use it for a month and if that will help.

Good shout. Doctor could tell you the surest way. But they'll just say stop lifting to cover their ass. Simple. Less pressure on it the less damage it will cause. Just try not to stiffen it up. I expect there will be movements you could do to improve it's strength. I'd Google it. See what ya come up with. When I'm at the point mine hurts all the time I'd Google it myself: -)

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why don't you get some wrist wraps? They'll supply support and keep your wrist locked under the weight. Any powerlifting supply has them. Inzer, Elitefts, Titan.

jypoll is offline Member
    i wear wrist wraps, but they dont cut it on heavy squats, they give some support but my wrist still bends all the way back

Blog Entries
    have you tryed placing the bar a bit higher on your back to place less strain on you wrists?...sounds to me like you placing it too low....

jypoll is offline Member
    yea im working on that and and widening my grip so there is less strain. Im seeing the physio in 2 days and we will see whats up. I probably need to take a week to let my wrist heal. Then i will save the close grip and low bar pla***ent for competitions only.

Thread Information