mikeloop is offline Junior Member

Is Active Release Technique right for me? Shoulder/finger pain! Mri/ultrasound clean!

Hey guys, long story short, I have been experiencing trap (near collar bone), shoulder, forearm and finger pain (mainly in pointer and middle). It has been going on since about February, it started in my trap and has worked its way down to my fingers now. Chiro said I lost my natural C curve in my neck and it is pinching a nerve, tried about a months worth of adjustments and it did **** all! I got an mri on my neck and they said it's clean, nothing a normal healthy 20 year old wouldn't have going on with all the sports I used to play etc. Also, had a ultrasound done on shoulder, and it is negative for tears, etc.

I was told to do active release, but am unsure on who to go to for it? I have an appt with a registered massage therapist who is therapist in ART. It is at a well known physio clinic in town. Do I have to see a kinesiologist or a registered physio therapist or anyone else, or can registered massage therapists actually decent if they know what they're doing? I want someone experienced.

Is ART right for me, and who should I have it done by?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistvkrossesa View Post
    WiFi is definitely a nice feature, but not a deal-breaker - - I get the feeling that a lot of people have their modems set up near their entertainment centers these days anyway, and you rarely move your TV, so running an ethernet cord usually isnt an inconvenience.
    This Sansui TV is one of the few standard-definition TVs still available at retail. Features are sparse, but the TVs digital tuner is QAM-compatible, meaning it can receive unscrambled digital channels via cable without a converter box. User reviews are limited but are mostly positive. As long as expectations are kept in check, most say that the DTV1900 is a good choice for a bedroom or kids room, especially if value is as important as performance.
    Huh?

I'm pretty sure you can go to the ART website and find someone who is certified to perform ART. Anybody who's certified should be fine.

I had it done on my shoulder for about 6 weeks a few months ago. My chiro had just got ART certified and he did mine for free to gain some real experience and use me as a guinea pig. It definitely made a big difference, but it was very painful. My guy said that the pain should be about 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 - 10 and I should be sore for about 36 hrs, which I was. They basically stick their fingers/hands or some weird looking instrument inside your joint while you move and stretch in certain ways and they manipulate your tendons and ligaments (forcefully shorten or lengthen them). It's excruciating at times, but he said alot of the pain I felt was my scar tissue breaking down. The range of motion and flexibility that I gained in my shoulder was nothing short of a miracle. Unfortunately, I got real busy at work and quit going and my shoulder slowly reverted back to it's old ways minus probably 50% of the pain I had previously. All in all I would say it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can go to the ART website and find someone who is certified to perform ART. Anybody who's certified should be fine.

I had it done on my shoulder for about 6 weeks a few months ago. My chiro had just got ART certified and he did mine for free to gain some real experience and use me as a guinea pig. It definitely made a big difference, but it was very painful. My guy said that the pain should be about 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 - 10 and I should be sore for about 36 hrs, which I was. They basically stick their fingers/hands or some weird looking instrument inside your joint while you move and stretch in certain ways and they manipulate your tendons and ligaments (forcefully shorten or lengthen them). It's excruciating at times, but he said alot of the pain I felt was my scar tissue breaking down. The range of motion and flexibility that I gained in my shoulder was nothing short of a miracle. Unfortunately, I got real busy at work and quit going and my shoulder slowly reverted back to it's old ways minus probably 50% of the pain I had previously. All in all I would say it was worth it.
    Started it today once again, I did it before for about 6 weeks as well but the last two weeks I only went once a week, I was doing 2 and was doing good, this time around Im in a set schedule so I will commit...

They seem to think its a nerve impingement in the shoulder... will an MRI show this, am getting one in a few good weeks

Thread Information