Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member

Pain In Forearm Doing Curls

Training biceps has been suckin' more than ever lately. It seems that when I do heavy curls (which I obviously like to do), it feels like the bones in my forearms are going to snap. Like there's an insane amount of pressure on them. It started with just the straight bar, and on one arm. Now it's on both arms, and even when I use the EZ bar. The pain is felt the most on the last rep as I set the bar down and release my grip.

Now I stick mainly to dumbells and that seems alright, although sometimes I can still feel slight discomfort but nothing serious. I'd love to get back to using the straight bar though because I always felt it better for mass. Anyone have any problems like this before and know what could be causing it?

JohnJames is offline New Member
    I think i had this problem years ago. Stretching the foreams alot is how I got rid of it. Try 2 mins each side ever day and maybe hard massaging while stretching

gym_junki is offline Member
    That sux man, try droping your wrist make them point down so that the bar is not sitting in the middle of your hand but down a little where your fingers are.

Yeah I read in another forum that apparently it's weakness in the wrists and forearms. I can't see it though, I mean if anything they're stronger than they were before than they are now. I'm gonna' try doing some forearm stretches though because that's one muscle I never stretch or work on directly. Hopefully I see improvement.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    be very careful with that, i ignored it and left myself in the position of not being able to do bi's or back work for 3mths. take a week out and then come back and LOWER the weights. mine felt exactly the same, a friend of a friend got his checked out and it turned out to be micro tears in the muscle where it attaches to bone

Hmmmm.... Interesting, it really sucks. I keep meaning to go see my doc and see what he's got to say about it but I keep brushin' it... Sounds more than likely what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Hmmmm.... Interesting, it really sucks. I keep meaning to go see my doc and see what he's got to say about it but I keep brushin' it... Sounds more than likely what it is.
    rest is your only cure tbh

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I had the same thing.Mine was 3 blown discs in my neck.Doc gave me some livetra.One of the sides is chest pain.Thought I was havin a heart attack.Now I am waiting on injecctions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I had the same thing.Mine was 3 blown discs in my neck.Doc gave me some livetra.One of the sides is chest pain.Thought I was havin a heart attack.Now I am waiting on injecctions.
    song, we are talking forearms here lol

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Well here's something to throw into the fire, a month late ha.

I have had the same problem and the best advice I can give,,,,,and it truly helps,,,,,,release your grip slowly when you rest the bar. A lot of recurring pain is caused by the sudden release and by slowing the release down makes everything less painful in the forearms. (money back guarantee)!!!!!!

Wink

I have had the same problem and the best advice I can give,,,,,and it truly helps,,,,,,release your grip slowly when you rest the bar. A lot of recurring pain is caused by the sudden release and by slowing the release down makes everything less painful in the forearms. (money back guarantee)!!!!!!

I have no idea why that posted twice!!!!!!!!!

orinireeptpes is offline New Member

the full film of Tangled

the The Hangover Part II (LQ) movie Super 8 (LQ) Movie Synopsis Let Me In official trailer Watch Saw 7 Film Download, download Mr. Tamburine Man movie bootleg download ipod Sucker Punch tide The Green Hornet movie clothing, Watch The IMDb - The Estate Film Online Valhalla Rising (HD) Online, when can i buy the The Smurfs movie watch full version Human Target - Season Two Watch Your Highness (HQ) The Movie In Hd watch True Grit film in hd watch Morning Glory the film full version

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOCOP View Post

somehow i seriously doubt thats going to cure me

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member

not a fix and will still cause pain in the forearms. Way to cope with the pain but not a remedy robocop. I have this same condition and steer clear of any barbell curls whatsoever unless it is very light weight. There are many other exercises that can be done for bi's.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    since this is bumped..

So it sounds like the pain is due to the rotation of the wrist during the lift, rather than the actual curl? What about reverse curls?

I don't think I've said anywhere in my post that it's a cure/remedy?????

From personal experience it has drastically reduced the pain in my forearms when I train this way. So, it goes without saying, that for me, this works. I also believe that devils advocate stated that he got most of the pain when lifting heavy. Not so much with lighter weights and dumbbells. This was exactly the same for me and when I started to release slowly from the start of my session the pain was greatly reduced.
    Just MHO

Menrcakons is offline New Member

Games of cars

Carries far trucks - It leads your to monster truck through different scenes by all the European continent. manten the balance with the cursors and surpasses all the mountainous land obstacles. rnDragonball kart - The goal tries to arrive the first a and gathers the 7 balls of dragoon. clicka to enter to use the objects. rnHeavy metal to rider - A game with much speed and action in the freeways. aid to these heavy metals to maintain its power in the highways.
    Games of cars

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member

From personal experience it has drastically reduced the pain in my forearms when I train this way. So, it goes without saying, that for me, this works. I also believe that devils advocate stated that he got most of the pain when lifting heavy. Not so much with lighter weights and dumbbells. This was exactly the same for me and when I started to release slowly from the start of my session the pain was greatly reduced.
    Just MHO

sorry lost in translation but I will agree it does lessen the pain when released slowly as I have used this trick

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    sorry lost in translation but I will agree it does lessen the pain when released slowly as I have used this trick
    Maybe the way I wrote it but no matter. I've been trying to research it a bit as I cannot for the life of me remember the exact explanation. It'll come to me sooner or later!!

NewbFromCali is offline Junior Member
    Finally something I can speak about with experience. Two years ago, I was doing a lot of pullups, overhand and wide. Soemwhere around 300 a day. I ended up with a pain in my forearm. Specifically the top (down from the back of the hand). Doc tells me I had a bitchin case of Radial Tunnel (like carpal, but on the radial nerve). Repetitive stress from working out too much.
    There's a stretch they gave me. If you put your affected arm by your side, palm facing outward and then face it towards the ceiling and move your arm about 6 inches from your side, you can tilt your head to the opposite side of the arm being stretched and try to push your shoulder towards the floor. You can actually feel the nerve which runs from the neck down your arm, move inside that muscle. Just be slow and controlled and careful.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Training biceps has been suckin' more than ever lately. It seems that when I do heavy curls (which I obviously like to do), it feels like the bones in my forearms are going to snap. Like there's an insane amount of pressure on them. It started with just the straight bar, and on one arm. Now it's on both arms, and even when I use the EZ bar. The pain is felt the most on the last rep as I set the bar down and release my grip.

Now I stick mainly to dumbells and that seems alright, although sometimes I can still feel slight discomfort but nothing serious. I'd love to get back to using the straight bar though because I always felt it better for mass. Anyone have any problems like this before and know what could be causing it?
    I think your going to have to find another exercise and back off the weight,,,at least for awhile.

Blog Entries

Just MHO
    whats it for then?!

Thread Information