blind249 is offline New Member

Arrow Accutane Questions

Ive just come off my 2nd cycle and have a fair bit of acne on my back, shoulders and chest. I wash twice a day and have used a few different products. I went to the doctors and they just put me on some Antibiotics which didnt help so they just uped the dosage of the antibiotics but this is still not working. Im considering using accutane? would this fix it all up? and also is it available anywhere over the internet as i doubt my doctor or a dermo would prescribe any for me.

cheers

I got pretty bad acne on my first cycle. I used all sorts of topical from bezyl peroxide soap (both 5% and 10%), exfoliants, dish washing liquid, herbal extracts, etc. NOTHING. I used accutane and my acne was under control in two weeks. It's supposed to be pretty severe for your liver & stuff. I didn't feel bad and my acne was gone. I'm sold on accutane.

Rag1ngBull is offline Banned
    I took off of a 7-month cycle of accutane last month. It's great stuff, side effects are kind of overrated, if I knew that I would have used it much earlier. Whole summer without beach, and the only alcohol I ingested during this time was one beer. I dont regret. The side effects can be really harsh for some people, for me - chapped lips, for the whole seven month period two times I experienced nose bleedings, and headaches from time to time, though I am not sure whether acc was the reason. If you are determined and can stand some side effects my advice is to get a low dose perscription and get rid of it, if you are lazy and/or a partylifer don't touch it. Things I didnt like about it - it's expensive and it takes 3-4 months to kick-in. My acne was not that severe, but my friends noticed the difference so it does have quite an effect on your skin.

It is toxic for the liver and some of my blood tests got over the border, but about a month after stopping it and eating a lemon per day(lemons detoxify the liver) they got fine.
    Last edited by Rag1ngBull; 12-10-2010 at 07:21 PM.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Anything topical is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. Useless.

The only reason doctors push that junk is the "perceived" liability issues with accutane. The media created a panic a few years ago because 2 people out of a million committed suicide and ever since doctors are scared to death to prescribe it.

It is a miracle drug, but you need a good dose for about 6 months straight. After that acne is gone...forever. All you have to worry about is chapped lips, just keep the blistex handy.

is there anywhere on line that is reputable enough to buy from?

papos is offline Junior Member
    And wich dosage?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blind249 View Post
    is there anywhere on line that is reputable enough to buy from?
    The place I used to order from isn't around anymore, but there are plenty of places out there. Just make sure you know what kind of generic you are getting before you buy. Look for Isogem.

I ended up going to a dermatologist and he put me on it straight away with a perscription, The only thing he said was that he wished i went there sooner.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    proactiv is the only thing that works for me. i never miss a dose tho and use the facewash 3 too 4 times a day. i have tried everything too.. acutane dried me out soo bad and i got bloody noses it just didnt agree with me.

Thread Information