Biking accident when I was 15 lead to two herniated discs. l4/l5. Had to quit all sports because I couldn't handle it. Hip/lower spine kept on going out. I guess from all the muscle tightness.

After a year of stretching and core exercises. Lower back felt pretty good. I just had to be really careful or else it would flare up.

around 16-17. I found weight lifting. I felt my age for once, able to exercise and watch myself change and grow stronger.

Always used good form. I was doing up right rows one day and all of a sudden, It felt like I pulled my upper back really badly.

Thought it would heal and after about 6 months, I realize that it wouldn't.

Went to physio for a few months, did nothing. Massage a few times, did nothing.

Doctor just tells me to stretch a lot, which I do every day.

If I do a lot of strenuous exercise my upper back starts to hurt pretty bad. Feels 100x better after going to a chiro, but it doesn't last long. And I guess my spine becomes 'unaligned' and the pain sets in.

Chiro thinks that I sprained a tendon doing up right rows. But it's been two years now. I have muscle knots all over my upper back. tightness.

I had to quit a construction job because the pain became too bad.

Doctor also said I might be one of those people that if I get injured and pull a muscle, I have to stretch a lot, and accupuncture for it to properly heal, unlike most people, it should heal on its own.

Starting to get a little depressing. I start progressing and feel good lifting weights, and then my upper back goes out. I can't usually go out and drink or have fun on the weekend because If I miss out on stretching I wake up feeling sore, etc.