BrysZ is offline Associate Member

I messed up big time Im afraid...

I was doing dead lifts Saturday with a hex bar and on my last very heavy set when I got to the upright position I feel a snap in my side and my oblique muscle started screaming at me. So I stop, go home and start icing my side right away. It appears the most tender spot is on my left side under my arm right at the bottom of my rib cage. It hurts to turn at the waist to the left and when I stretch my arms high above my head when lying on my back. When I say hurt I mean stabbing, take your breath away pain. When I sneeze it puts me to my knees for several minutes...I mean holy crap! I am thinking I injured something serious and wondeing if anyone would care to diagnose for me and suggest a rehab. I am going to florida for spring break in less than 3 weeks so a doctor is out of the question. I know what he will say...no activity, no lifting, no cardio. I worked way too hard to stop now. Thank you in advance for any help, suggestions, advice, anything you can provide.

Emerald is offline Associate Member
    getting injured to the point it prevents training is everyones bad nightmare. I have bad elbows and recurring shdr issues which prevent heavy bench and intense bicep work. But, the human body is amazing in its ability to self fix and heal quickly. Sometimes what you thought was serious is nothing more than a tweak, after 3-4 days. I refuse to stop training in some form, Im sure a 8 week rest would be great for my body, joints and tendons....too bad for me, cause it aint happening. I suggest before you get to concerned see where your at in 4-5 days, then you can resume training or freak out

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Go see a doctor, a correct diagnosis is your best shot at treating it properly.

BrysZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    getting injured to the point it prevents training is everyones bad nightmare. I have bad elbows and recurring shdr issues which prevent heavy bench and intense bicep work. But, the human body is amazing in its ability to self fix and heal quickly. Sometimes what you thought was serious is nothing more than a tweak, after 3-4 days. I refuse to stop training in some form, Im sure a 8 week rest would be great for my body, joints and tendons....too bad for me, cause it aint happening. I suggest before you get to concerned see where your at in 4-5 days, then you can resume training or freak out
    Thank you...from what I read on the internet an oblique strain or tear can't really be braced, or bandaged, or anything. I think your advice is good. I am going to avoid anything that causes it pain in the gym for a few days, do some extra cardio instead and see how I feel once the weekend rolls around. Now if I could just cough or sneeze without feeling like my side is about to explode...lol Thanks again!

Thread Information